Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 06:11 PM

limp

just got back from food shopping.. was only out for an hr but indie is limping.. shes not putting any weight at all on her front paw. She doesnt yelp if i touch her leg, but she does bite at my hand.
I phoned the emergency vet and they suggested that i leave it and see how she goes as sometimes these things sort themselves out.

Im assuming she was probably playin with phoenix and landed awkwuard or somethin, but how do i know if its something to worry about or if its just a sprain? shes ok in herself, shes eating her dinner as we speak

edited to add: is there anythin i can do? ive put phoenix in the other room and keeping indie as still as possible, but is there anything else that will help
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Jenny you check every inch of paw and nail for obvious problems..look well at the soft skin between the pads..if you can see nothing and can find no injury on the leg it may be a strain...just try to stop Indie jumping up or doing any violent excersise until you can reach the vet.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 09:00 PM
my pup did the same thing a few days agohe got a small lump come up on the top of the paw,took him to the vets and the vet says he thinks he has over stretched one of his toes.got some anti inflamitory(sp)for him and if he isn't better in 10 days i have to take him back.hope she sorts herself out
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Jen was she in or out I ask because I think I've seen 4 or 5 dying or dead bumble bee's just lately has she trod on one?

Have you checked her foot as Min suggested?

And when you say biting your hand - what do you mean mouthing as if playing? or tryig to stop you? you know Staffs have a high pain threshold. But it is unusual for them to try to bite even when in severe pain.
Karen
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 07:11 AM
Remember when Kingsley was doing this a few months back?
Vets didnt know what it was then
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 09:03 AM
kazz she was inside when it happened. ive noticed a bit of bruising by her furthest back claw, dont kno wot thats called.
by biting i mean nibbling at my hand to stop me from checking anymore.
im going to take her to vets tomorrow as they are open then, but i gotta work and wont be able to get her there til 3:30, do u think its serious enough to call in to work and say i cant make it?
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm not expert but I would say that she should be fine waiting until you can get her to the vets tommorow afternoon, obviously keep an eye on her to check there is nothing else happening but if she remains unchanged then I would thinkshe will be fine waiting that small amount of time

My dog Keena started limping about three months ago, just out of no where and I had no idea why as I knew she hadn't done anything in particular to her leg...I was so worried and kept an eye on her every day, I made sure she rested (the leg) completly and didn't go out for walks about 4 or 5 days after it was fine again and we haven't looked back thank god...I was starting to think all kinds of bad things might be wrong, hip dysplasia etc...Touch wood though she hasn't limped even once since so maybe she just layed funny on her leg or maybe it was a growing pain or maybe like Kazz said, she might have stepped on a bee or something...I checked for any thorns and cuts etc and found nothing but I never thought about it being a sting that perhaps you wouldn't see.

I hope all is ok and that it is just one of those passing things, but do give it some more days before you worry too much because it may pass just as quick as my dogs limp did and all will be fine...

Fingers crossed
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 04:40 PM
well indies limp has almost completely gone now she has some bruising around her paw but her limp is barely noticeable now...
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 06:38 PM
glad to hear it Jen - Bruno hurt his front paw about 8 months ago and was limping around everywhere - for a few days - i took him to the vets and he RAN into the surgery - limp miraculously healed !! I think just the fact that I gace him lots of attention and kept checking his leg made him realise it was qute good and then when he saw he was going to the vets it miraculously fixed itself !! MMMNNNNNNN
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 06:42 PM
Pleased to hear it Jen.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >