Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 01:55 PM

Very happy with New food!!!

Just wanted to recommend a food I have been using for last month or so,

JudgesChoice - Maintenance Country Pursuit.

Honey has lost the weight that I couldnt get rid of from round her neck and she is looking amazing...better than ever!!!

They have a wide range of foods for all types of dog...this one is supposed to be for resting working dogs...but she is doing great on it and has bags of energy still!!
Her coat is fab!!!

It is MAIZE and COLOURANT FREE so great for those with allergies!!

I think the queen feeds her Corgis it too, lol!!!

And its only £15 for 15kg.

Cannot recommend enough!!!

They do all sorts of products too, if anyone wants to google Judgeschoice
Boxacrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-12-2008, 07:35 AM
It's got BHA & BHT as permitted EEC antioxidants.
http://www.pet-food-choice.co.uk/ant...n_pet_food.htm

I always try to avoid these.
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Ooooo, they do a lamb and tripe one - I may try that for my fussy whippet
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
I think the queen feeds her Corgis it too, lol!!!
Hmmm...that wouldn't encourage me!!! Anyway, I thought they lived on fillet steak!

It seems a reasonable food - no mention of animal derivatives that I can see.
Aussie
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-12-2008, 07:29 PM
As per their website:

Wheat, barley, meat and marrowbone meal, wheatfeed, chicken meat meal (minimum 4%), sugar beet pulp, chicken fat, hipro soya, fish meal, stabilised flax seed, minerals and vitamins, digest BHA and BHT as permitted EEC antioxidants.

Apart from the problematic BHA, BHT and soya, this food has cereals in the first and second place of the list, which means that these are the major percentage of nutrients of this food (cheap fillers). No doubt a very good food for chickens or pigeons, not for dogs. It also contains fish meal (AAFCO: The clean, rendered, dried ground tissue of undecomposed whole fish or fish cuttings, either or both, with or without the extraction of part of the oil.
Like with all other animal sources, if a type isn't specified, you never know what type or quality of fish is used.
According to US Coast Guard regulations, all fish meal not destined for human consumption must be conserved with Ethoxyquin (unless the manufacturer has a special permit). This preservative is banned from use in foods for human consumption except for the use of very small quantities as a color preservative for spices. So unless the manufacturer either presents a permit or states "human grade" fish or fish meal is used, you can be pretty sure Ethoxyquin is present in the food even if it is not listed.)
and wheatfeed (AAFCO: The tough, viscid nitrogenous substance remaining when wheat is washed to remove the starch.
An inexpensive byproduct of human food processing with almost no nutritional value left, serves mostly as a binder.)

I wouldn't give this to my friends.

But this is just MHO.