Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2014, 07:43 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread Saturday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Another wild night darn sarf, how about you down there Jen? Jenny, I hope you have a bit of garden left for the dogs

Very calm here at the moment though, so I shall get out with Zena before the next lot descends on us, which I think they said will be the very high winds, cos we've had the rain overnight.

Hope everyone is ok, not flooded out, and I'll have a catch up when I get back later.

Enjoy your day everyone, hang on to yer hats!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2014, 07:46 AM
Morning everyone. It has rained during the night again. The patio was all nice and dry when we went up to bed too.
I haven't looked through last nights thread as I am getting ready to leave for my day in Essex in a while.

I hope everyone had a quiet night weather wise and it remains that way today although I do believe there is some more mad weather on its way. So stay safe and dry if effects you.
Hoping all poorly peeps and doglets are feeling better.

I will catch up with you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2014, 07:47 AM
Morning Helena we always manage it
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2014, 07:51 AM
Morning H and all,

I thought we had the winds overnight they were so strong and howling round the house. Now I hear they were nothing to what is to come today and tonight. Its calmer now so must be the lull before the storm.
Don't blame you getting the walk out of the way early H.

I am watching the cams closely as Joanie is in obvious labour now and keeps getting down and looks very uncomfortable between her rests. I think the foal should be born within the next hour or two.

Up to mums today to do her housework and shopping, not that she really eats these days. She has lost 2 stone in weight over the past few months.

Stay safe everyone.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2014, 07:53 AM
Lynn have a safe journey back to Essex today. I hope the weather is not too bad for you to drive in.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2014, 07:53 AM
Morning Lynn, have a safe journey, hope the cake survives your driving lol (it wouldn't mine!) and that you have a good old catch up with Gill, it'll do her so good being with you today.

Morning Bev, yes the wind was pretty horrific here too last night. I haven't watched the mares for a few days now, I'll be popping in there later though.

Sally, you lost your bet lol!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2014, 08:14 AM
Morning all.
I don't think I want to mention the weather, although it's almost impossible not to
MM just going to look at the cams. Hope Joanie is ok.
Stay safe all xx
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2014, 08:25 AM
Morning all

Watching breakfast news at the moment, it looks as if it's going to be wild again today. Although we have been very lucky up here, I know that's lots of us dogseyites are not so lucky. I hope you all stay safe and that the dratted water is sorted asap for you.

Lynn, have a good day with gill, with a good catch up.
Bev, you sound as if you have a busy day ahead.
H, enjoy your walk, take care in the wind.

I have a day of more cleaning in my daughters ex rented house. I started yesterday.......you can tell she never had to clean while she was at home!!!!! I will say no more!!!! My house is a right tip, where there's a space, something has been shoved in it. Next job is to find a home for all that lot (so that will be the garage.)

Have a good day folks
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-02-2014, 08:25 AM
Morning all
Do hope everyone is safe do take extra care ,more rotten weather to come according to the forecast ,
Well we got our snow started about 2am wet slushy stuff ,and the sky's heavy ,more to come by the looks of things
Any one want a swap ,got the :you don't expect us to go out in that horrible white stuff :look from the muppets when they we're let out at 6am
A few hours work today ,the owner of the chalet park' s going to the rugby would I book the guests in (nice little buisness there up for sale ,as a going concern or individually )
A lot of the holiday homes on the market ,sign of the times I suppose
Hope all poorly doglets and humans gets better soon ,
Take care all those out and about dog walking ,visiting or whatever your up to
Stay safe
Off to have a catch up , then clear the paths
Coffee first though ,
Hugs to anyone who needs them xxxxxx
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Hi guys

Sorry, was too shattered to get back on last night.

Helena and all of you down south, please stay safe. I have seen the weather and see you poor souls are going to get hit again. It just seems to be never ending for you guys which is a real shame.

Nippy, a baby! Yay! I hope we get pics of the new arrival soon

Well we had to take Davie to the paediatrician at the local centre for autism diagnosis yesterday. The doctor spent an hour with us and said he doesn't have autism...he has ADHD! Now that's what we suggested to the school when he was young but it was dismissed because he could sit in an assembly. Turns out there are different levels of ADHD, and sitting for something he enjoys (it wasn't classwork), then he will do it, but if it's something he hates...

So that was our bombshell yesterday, we are going to try him on something called methylphenadate (excuse spelling), a lot of people don't agree with medicating them but IMO if it helps him to achieve and to concentrate then it will be much better for him at the end of the day. I will be looking into diet and other ways to help him too.

Got home last night, had scrambled egg for dinner cause I felt so tired, and I am not sure I cooked them right cause I really felt ill later, I thought I was going to be sick so went to bed to try to make it go away. Slept from around 9.30 right through till 7.45 this morning so must have needed it. Feeling better this morning apart from a cold (doesn't surprise me - loads of kids have it at school).

Anyway, got to go through to Invergordon to pick up a vivarium for George, then back through later to help my friend move her telly to the dump in Alness. It's great cause I can spend some time catching up with her.

Sorry, that turned into a right old story. I hope you all have a nice day and that those of you affected by the floods and weather soon get some respite.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »