Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-01-2013, 05:20 PM

Tell me it is a dream?

As of last Sunday I have a new all singing and all dancing computer because my other one did not have the capacity I needed, and this morning it opened with the blue screen of death and a message saying that one of the drives was compromised.

Got it working because Malka is a clever so-and-so but it had to be sorted because Malka has just spent a fortune on this new all singing and all dancing computer, and Effie, who built it, has only just now had the time to take it over by remote control and hey ho, my external hard drive had packed up!

Umm, erm, what about my pocket external hard drive? Oh, that is fine so everything has been backed up, but now I need a new external hard drive which is/was set to back up everything at 12 noon each day.

Will someone please tell me that it is all just a nightmare from which I might wake up?
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2013, 05:36 PM
I would have freaked at the blue screen, that would have been that.

It's not been very good so far this year for quite a few of us, just got a speeding ticket from when I rushed to the hospital to see my cousin, 35 in a 30 mph limit, never had one before.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-01-2013, 05:40 PM
I have had the blue screen on my little netbook, I have switched everything off for a few hours, come back, switched on and it works again
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

09-01-2013, 05:55 PM
I mean like I got the blue screen of death and a message from Microsoft that one of my discs was compromised?

Or summat. Oh sheeeeeeit - dat's all I need. But no panic Malka, Malka be a clever clogs. Or an idjit.

Effie just took remote control of my computer and yeah yeah yeah, it was my external hard drive but it was maybe 3 years old so not the end of the world and these things do not last forever. Even though I expect them to!

Why did I ever want a computer?

[that is a rhetorical question which does not need a response because everyone on Dogsey knows that Malka is nuts!]
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Well, thankfully, I've never had a blue screen and I don't want one fanks! Dave has had one on his lappy but I switched it off, talked to it nicely, left it alone for a while, switched it on, cleaned it up and it's worked ever since, so they're not always terminal, so hopefully yours won't be either? Ooooer! Far too techie for me grandma, I only know how to do what I want on them, not to fix them like you do!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

09-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Malka is the person who always said she does not want a computer, she does not need a computer, and Malka had never seen a computer before Effie brought her first one [which she managed to smash eight months later but it was not deliberate, honest it was not...

...and Malka was so hignorant dat 'er 'ad to ask Effie 'ow to switch de fing on.

I really do not know what Effie has built into this new one [and it is probably computer number three or four now] but it ain't 'arf fast and has quadruple capacity not that I know what that means...

...it just adda minor 'iccup because the external hard drive did a whoopsie so I got the blue screen of death this morning.

And now, snivvel snivvel sniff sniff sniff, Malka 'asta avva new external hard drive.

But.

All is not lost as the pocket external hard drive is still awoikin'...

...at de moment.

And

BREATHE
Meg
Supervisor

09-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Malka you are a better woman than I if I got the blue screen of death after spending a small fortune, heads would roll
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I mean like I got the blue screen of death and a message from Microsoft that one of my discs was compromised?

Or summat. Oh sheeeeeeit - dat's all I need. But no panic Malka, Malka be a clever clogs. Or an idjit.

Effie just took remote control of my computer and yeah yeah yeah, it was my external hard drive but it was maybe 3 years old so not the end of the world and these things do not last forever. Even though I expect them to!

Why did I ever want a computer?

[that is a rhetorical question which does not need a response because everyone on Dogsey knows that Malka is nuts!]
Ahhh yes but if you didn't have a 'puter we would never have known that you were nuts......... in fact we would never have known you at all.
How sad would that be!!?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Ahhh yes but if you didn't have a 'puter we would never have known that you were nuts......... in fact we would never have known you at all.
How sad would that be!!?
This made me laugh Joking aside though I'm impressed at how you understand computers - they terrify me!!

What a pain though and obviously not what you'd expect from an all-signing-all-dancing 'puter . Look on the bright side though, it'll have taken your mind off the rain and drainage problems.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

09-01-2013, 06:56 PM
I actually do not understand computers - I do not even know how emails get sent. And it was not the end of the world - just the blue screen of death!

Malka did a mini panic. Dat's all.

I have no idea what is in this new computer [apart from the cost!]. But it is a zillion times faster that my previous one [stop exaggerating Malka]. And has a zillion times more capacity [stop exaggerating Malka] - and to be honest I probably do not need such a powerful computer...

... but I likes it muchly!

It just had an 'iccup dis mornin' wiv de blue screen of death but it is all better now.

I think.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >