View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2012, 08:29 AM

What is the funniest/naughtiest thing your dogs have done?

After reading a recent thread, thought this could be fun. Sometimes we get the impression that everyone here on dogsey is oh so perfect, what this thread aims to achieve is to show actually, our dogs have their moments too, and we are all human!

I'll start.

Betsy has her moments too. Despite being almost dry night and day, at the potential in-laws house she did a HUGE widdle on their new sofabed. I think she heard us moaning how uncomfy it was. And she ate the catfood and had smelly cat food farts all day.

My old dog archie was also a character. I still to this day have not let some friends of our family know he cocked his leg on their xmas tree- instead I put a present where the mark was *blushes*. Tbf, I was 10, not that that is an excuse or makes it right. He also used to delight in eating other dogs poo, was SO greedy. I bet even the most talented trainer here on dogsey wouldn't of been able to help him in this department- I even emailed a celeb dog trainer and he seemed at loss at what to do! He pinched little kids ice creams, donuts, nicked a hog roast from a sports club and bagette from a bbq...! The amount of food items and beverages we had to replace...!

We have a police dog training ground near us, and the amount of times I had to retrieve him when he was younger from saying hello to dogs so obviously in training , well, were numerous lets say. Luckily they were very tolerant! Lets say I've learnt from numerous mistakes with archie for betsy!

We also have a sports field, where cricket games are also held, and my archie boy being a lab found that after running to the centre of the pitch to *retrieve* the ball,, causing one or two red faces, then went to collect the flags deposited round the game in is mouth. Luckily they saw the funny side!

My archie also (quite an achievement I feel) managed to eat a whole double layer chocolate birthday cake without any ill effects. Didn't stop myself from becoming beside myself with worry, I do seriously think he was semi immune to chocolate health effects- the amount he unintentially consumed in his lifetime. In fact if my mum knew I had got chocolates for someone and she fancied having some (with the idea to replace later of course...) I suspect more than once she blamed it on him because I would never get mad. You just couldn't with his eyes!

He used to go to agility for fun, despite being rather well padded, although not obese, the instructor used to lecture me to cut his food intake down as he was convinced he would try to make it through a tyre jump one day and get stuck. He never did and once actually did a full round in 28.6 seconds, coming second to a collie. I will make it clear that I did cut his intake down, and had to have words with my mum who was becoming hypnotized by his starving puppy act.

Also, he loved to swallow socks. Whole. Once, on a walk, in front of many of my dads colleagues we took him for a walk, and he did a poo, and the sock wouldn't quite shift. So what did my dad have to do? Yep, step on it and throw a treat, to which it slopped down to the floor.

So there you go. If I ever sound smug, its because I've had a lot of learning to do before I got there!
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Oh, and when we decided to enter him into his first and last proper conformation show, he cocked his leg on the judging table, on the judge.
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Erm. The "Sprocker" farts...looks concerned...Smells himself, whines and leaves the room. It is the funniest thing you've ever seen.
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Erm. The "Sprocker" farts...looks concerned...Smells himself, whines and leaves the room. It is the funniest thing you've ever seen.
Ahahaha. Both Betsy and arch do/did the accusing look (stare) at their bums when they fart. Hilarious!
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by labaddicted91 View Post
Ahahaha. Both Betsy and arch do/did the accusing look (stare) at their bums when they fart. Hilarious!
I wouldn't mind but its EVERYTIME. He also get embarrassed to poo if you're looking at him..and god forbid one of the others farts in the spaniel pile! ... He will try every human in the house...as if looking for comfort!
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2012, 09:09 AM
I've had Darcey nearly 4 months, the worst things she's chewed so far are the seat belts in the car (which cost me nearly £60 to replace) and a duvet cover, there's also been a lot more things but not quite as bad
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2012, 09:16 AM
I wouldn't mind but its EVERYTIME. He also get embarrassed to poo if you're looking at him..and god forbid one of the others farts in the spaniel pile! ... He will try every human in the house...as if looking for comfort!
Ahahaha! Love it

Archie got through at least 30 dog beds. He just kept eating them. Not chewing, but eating!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Oliver's a chewer, he'll chew anything if he's bored... I've had to replace seatbelts (the plastic parts you clip into), debit cards (x3) my driver's license, (twice) numerous cords (macbook cords are rather expensive, incase you're wondering...) many, MANY comforters and blankets (while I'm sleeping or reading, or watching TV)

Oh and all this is AFTER he got out of the "puppy chew stage" He was good as gold when I was expecting him to chew.... after he got brains (2 years) is when he suddenly decided to search and destroy....

Oliver flips out if a person or dog looks him in the eye... if they dont look at him, he's perfectly fine... However he's cute as heck, and everyone looks at him...

I dont know that I'll even get into what Mouse and Boo do....

Scout and Zoe are perfect though LOL (except, of course, peeing on the floor now and then)
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Here goes.....

Bo:

* Knocked over a runner when she was about 6 months old.
* Now will leap and and try to nip (I should say that her bite inhibition is brilliant and she doesn't actually bite!) anyone running towards her.
* Will chase and bite at the tyres of bikes if she gets the opportuity.
* Will jump up at nip at the postman. Tried to nip one outside of the house the other day.
* Chased a horse rider once.
* Hates anyone wearing lyrca.
* Will lunge towards bikes and mopeds if we are walking along a road.
* HATES cats.
* Has ripped the lead out of my hand and chased a cat down the road before.
* Had me over the handle bars on my bike before lunging after a cat.
* Tripped over in town once because she lunged in front of me. She then ran into the road because I fell and was very lucky a car stopped.
* Can't be trusted around children. Too boisterous.
* Bullies submissive dogs.
* Has destroyed countless things, including holes in the sofa, tons of cushions, shoes, glasses, remotes, skirting boards, etc.
* Loves the sound of her own voice far too much!
* Prolific killer of wildlife; has killed a deer, rabbits, numerous birds, squirrels, etc.
GlitzyGeorgina
New Member!
Female 

06-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Hi

Marco

1. Ripped a duvet to shreds
2. Picked a plant up and shook all over the lounge
3. Upturned 2 sofas and and bit lumps out of both
4. Chewed the dining room suite
5. Dug big holes in the garden
6. Chewed the seats in the car (only left for a few minutes)
7. Husband threw ball to me, Marco ran straight into me and I ended rolling down a hill
8. Pinched 2 chicken breasts off kitchen table
9. Pulled me through a hedge after a cat
10. Chewed gear stick in car
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »