View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2016, 03:22 PM
So I am back from lunch and sadly not a carvery but the food is lovely and if you opt for the lunchtime menu good value. Only had flat wine not fizz. And I was good and didn't have dessert . We did share a starter though of nachos with dressing. Yum. I had Chicken schitzel with fries and salad and my friend had sea bass and creamed potato. Sadly she has gone home now to her doglet/s. One is hers and two are her daughters. So I am off for a well deserved coffee and a sit down after putting tesco shopping away and the dog food into a safe cupboard away from mices. Which at the moment we don't have. Funnily enough Griff we were talking about flexis over lunchtime and yep we both think they are a pain in the bside. Have a good evening peeps. bfn.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2016, 05:25 PM
Evening all.
Firstly - big thank you for the kindnesses expressed by so many of our Dogsey members, you all possess great generosity of spirit and it really is appreciated. Thank you all!
Just waiting on todays blood results which wll be sent back to my GP tomorrow and then depending on if there is improvement or not these will dictate how things progress from here on in!
Moyra - get onto your GP if you are in pain or not improving as you expect they have a duty of care and must help you. Don't take no for an answer or accept being fobbed off with some excuse or other, keep at them until they act and make you comfortable.
Griff - glad your post op one is doing fine, don't know how she managed that, but they do.
Oh Brenda - so sorry to read you have the Chicken Schitzels, I've had a dose of them, think they hadn't cooked it long enough. Couldn't go more than 20 yards from the old porcelain for days.
Feel sure you'll have some fine homeopathic remedy for 'em!!!!
Glad Dun Nibblin is progressing nicely - but do take care of your back June, don't want you laid up again with it. Pain apart, such things are always blerdy inconvenient.
Will be back later, just off for a soak in the bath prior to dinner, bye fer now.
Funny things typos - what a difference the letter 'n' can make, brenda! lol !
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2016, 05:43 PM
pleased you had a good time at Miller and carter Brenda, i was supposed to take Steve but we never made it...not sure there would have been anything for me to eat anyway...well chips and salad Lol
LG, you are hilarious Lol. Seriousy hope the medics get you sorted out sharpish
TW, yep, get the drawings right as too expensive to redo things
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2016, 05:51 PM
LG, thanks for the heads up on Sharpe. I've been watching it on Drama on a Saturday morning, and they are the same ones now, there's only one (I think) that I've missed. Wish they had made more of them, I doubt he'll be making any additional episodes, i.e. Sharpes Retirement Home as he's progressed a long way famewise since the halcyon Sharpe days, mind you he does get seen off in G.O.T fairly early on, and perhaps if there's no more work on the books he may return. He does seem to get killed off a lot
Hoping the blood tests come back with a positive outcome
Dog next door has been barking since I came back with Mabs and Kesh at 12.30. so probably started an hour or so before that, and it is 6.30 now, so 7 hours, how it keeps it up I have no idea, but I resorted to banging one of the girls metal dishes on the wall (back door is open) shouting Shut Up at one point, carried on barking, mine would have run and hid
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2016, 06:00 PM
Oh ha ha. Dont think there is a remedy for finger typos? Oops emmerdale on TTFN.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-07-2016, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
I had Chicken schitzel with fries and salad
Yes that made me smile.

Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Will be back later, just off for a soak in the bath prior to dinner, bye fer now.
Enjoy your dinner, be a decent chap, give the cook and and butler the rest of the evening off

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
and it is 6.30 now, so 7 hours,
As you said in a previous thread, any dog in your street can bark except yours, doesn't seem fair does it

Casey had his doppler ultrascan thingy today, results not bad but the new vet wants to keep him on the same doseage of Cardisure as the 'fractional shortening' was up a tad. (I have at last learned what this is )

This new vet is also not a great fan of Glucosamine and suggested Omega Plus as good for joints and his heart so will be trying that as soon as they get some in stock. I like the idea as I think it's an 'over the counter' product and I can maybe buy it on line at a decent price.

Also have some paperwork to catch up on so will be logging off soon. Goodnight and best wishes to you all.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2016, 09:22 PM
Good evening Harvey.
Good to hear that Casey had decent results, let's hope the Omega Plus works well for him.
Sadly, we no longer have a butler, there isn't really the work to warrant one on staff full time. Haven't had one for twenty years or so, it would be a waste of money. The days of lavish entertaining and late night revellry are over and the pennies must always be counted so domestic staff are a bit thin on the ground. Sorry to disappoint, Harvey! lol !
Good luck with the paperwork - bet you enjoy it as much as I do! Yawn!!!!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2016, 09:29 PM
Harvey - just been looking up Omega Plus, don't know how much it is to buy but it sounds identical to Super Solvitax which I have used in the past. SS is a fortified cod liver oil and has excellent results when given as part of the normal diet to ill or recovering animals of all kinds. It can also be added to diet just to maintain excellent condition in show or breeding animals.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-07-2016, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Harvey - just been looking up Omega Plus, don't know how much it is to buy but it sounds identical to Super Solvitax which I have used in the past. SS is a fortified cod liver oil and has excellent results when given as part of the normal diet to ill or recovering animals of all kinds. It can also be added to diet just to maintain excellent condition in show or breeding animals.
Thanks for that Gordon, not had time to look up Omega Plus either but vet said cod liver oil is good and if SS is an improved version and it has your endorsement then I will definately be buying it. Thanks once again

ETA:-
Please tell the memsahb that I'm still buying the socks from Fife Country and finding them excellant
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2016, 09:56 PM
Harvey:
A little digging revealed that Omega Plus is £13.95 for 225mls.
Super Solvitax is £23.50 for 4 litres.
Quite a huge saving - I make it about one tenth the cost of Omega Plus.
Passed the message to the Mem who gave me that all knowing smile - hate it when she does that! lol !!!!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >