Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2014, 06:32 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Friday).

Morning everyone. and yawn again.
Sunny here already and although not been out yet feels very hot so when I have typed this I am taking Dillon for a stroll.
He woke me at 10 to 3 this morning and came back in from sleeping outside at 4.30. I had fallen asleep on the sofa and got startled by a big bark outside the back door.
Doors and windows were left open till gone eleven last night and I had hoped the house had cooled down enough for him obviously not. I may take to sleeping on the sun lounger outside with him if this carries on.
Gorden home tonight and he has the car not pretty as it has a different colour door and of course the already poor peeling bonnet due to when the radiator had a stick go through it and all the water and anti freeze damaged the paintwork but it is safe to drive so that's good. It will be going for a new bonnet soon and a re-spray.

Helena I hope Dave wasn't too late getting home after breaking down and that the sale of the car all went smoothly in the end.
Hope the finger is quiet today.
Nippy Jen hope the aches and pains are feeling better today and anyone else with aches and pains so that will definitely be Eileen and June too.
Moyra hope you are feeling less tired today and Linda hope you had a good night that Loki is still ok after his fall and that you have a nice bike ride to school this morning.
Malka hope the eye is not too sore today.
To anyone I have missed hope you feel better soon and any poorly doglets too.
Eileen almost forgot have a lovely weekend after OH had his long stint away.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2014, 07:26 AM
Good morning Lynn and all..

Just had my second breakfast here after jamming up a storm.

Glorious morning.. the clouds have climbed the mountains and even their shadows are lifting high.

All is serene in these blessed early hours...

The dogs have feasted on raw chicken and are where they want to be. Collie in the shed and thus in the shade.

It is going to be a hot day here; staying indoors mostly now as am very tired. But the rows of neat jars are worth the effort.

And may feel better later and get some gardening done...

Lavender bags are done and I have the rosaries ready to write up, then the car to sort ready for the Great Escape. Taking stuff to the recycling on the way..

Hoping the sileage gets done tomorrow while I am out; this man works full time as well as farming so that would make sense. Whatever, it will get done and over with. Only once a year and he will have a bumper crop this year...
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2014, 07:28 AM
Hi Lynn and everyone.
Lynn you are very good at remembering everyone, how do you do it. Bless you
Hope Gorden gets home safely.
Lovely day again, nothing much planned so I may be sitting in the garden after the housework
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2014, 07:29 AM
Morning Rose sounds like you have had a fruitful time with the jam excuse the pun and are still very busy.
I will have fingers crossed the silage gets done while you are out tomorrow.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2014, 07:32 AM
Morning Nippy Jen enjoy the garden. Its very hot here so I may be joining you later.
Its my brain training about the only exercise it gets now.

Been down the river side with Dillon very busy with cars though cutting through the village. Pleasant walk but very hot at 1/4 to 8. Do you remember me telling you about the swan that was attacked and had to be pts ? I saw its mate today all on its own gliding about. It came to the bank and I had a little chat with it think its a him and it listened. Feel very sorry for it.
People can be so cruel it makes me mad.
Then coming through the village the parcel force man pulled up and was very wary of Dillon I told him he is very friendly he said are you sure. In the end he took my word for it and warily put his hand down to fuss him and kept saying he is a big boy. I think he was still a bit frightened of him funny how Dillon can make big grown man quiver.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Morning all - can open my eye a bit but not really see much. Want to get the steristrips off the stitches but cannot see to do so and my neighbour is away again so nobody to help me shower.

And Da Booga decided to have another major Grand Mal seizure at ~2.30am.

Just what I needed. Not.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2014, 07:45 AM
Morning Malka. Sorry to hear about Pereg.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2014, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Rose sounds like you have had a fruitful time with the jam excuse the pun and are still very busy.
I will have fingers crossed the silage gets done while you are out tomorrow.
Love the pun!

Will be at LIDL en route tomorrow sussing out the fruit. When things were quiet in winter i made big batches of marmalades, eg lemon and grapefruit so I can blend flavours easily now. The jams are gourmet special recipe. Just did Irish Whiskey Marmalade which the tourists love. Each jar is trimmed with ribbon or yarns.

So blissful here in these hours..

It is all like Helena with the vans; gets hectic in summer. Although the run up to Christmas last year was spectacular...
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2014, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Nippy Jen enjoy the garden. Its very hot here so I may be joining you later.
Its my brain training about the only exercise it gets now.

Been down the river side with Dillon very busy with cars though cutting through the village. Pleasant walk but very hot at 1/4 to 8. Do you remember me telling you about the swan that was attacked and had to be pts ? I saw its mate today all on its own gliding about. It came to the bank and I had a little chat with it think its a him and it listened. Feel very sorry for it.
People can be so cruel it makes me mad.
Then coming through the village the parcel force man pulled up and was very wary of Dillon I told him he is very friendly he said are you sure. In the end he took my word for it and warily put his hand down to fuss him and kept saying he is a big boy. I think he was still a bit frightened of him funny how Dillon can make big grown man quiver.
all dogs make grown men quiver Used t have an old plumber who would not enter the house unless and until I had my two in a room apart.. " I dont want to get et..." and a carpenter who would nto leave his van until he saw me out in the field with the dogs..

Had a postman on the island who used to get savaged.. by a cockerel!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2014, 07:59 AM
Morning

Sorry you had a disturbed night Lynn. You're getting as bad as me with the sofa sleeping! I feel really sad for your swan.

No cycling today - I fell asleep on the sofa and woke up five hours later! Crawled up to bed only to be woken half an hour later by poor old Loki having a fit! I knew it was going to happen last night because of his behaviour and it was six weeks to the day since the last lot.

He's fine and snoozing outside in the shade but it's a bad weekend because he'll have more and it's the Communion and we will have to leave him on Sunday. He won't be able to go in the car boot either because it's far too hot.

Six weeks fit-free is better than four though.

So today I need to tidy up this disgrace of a house - it's so messy.

Have a good day everyone.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »