Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2008, 03:23 PM

Feel FAT & Lethargic :(

Sorry for the depressing thread lol
used to go gym every day and i guess with gym and the healthy feeling it gives u it makes you want to eat more healthily, hence i was slim and really happy with the results...then i couldnt afford to go anymore i kept eating more and more and not exercising and now im 11stone and feeling horrible!!!!

alot of it is emotional eating, im guessing, i eat when im bored (not good)

so would anyone be interested in joining a sorta weightloss club, we can post our weights every monday, give tips on how we avoided eating and recipes maybe??

also with sizes and weights we would like to be ?

xx
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Oh definitely. I did this on another forum and it was fab. We all shared ideas etc.
Chris_Collins
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-10-2008, 12:33 PM
i've found that cutting out red meat, bread and booze has helped in the past. Adding thermogenic foods (chillis, tabasco, cayenne pepper etc) to pretty much everything increases metabolism. Having _small_ amounts of whey protein 30-45 mins after a workout stops cravings, reduces hunger and has virtually no fat means you dont pig out on meals after exercise.

Miso soup is a very effective alternative to tea/coffee/traditional soup for a meal, and is virtually fat free but high in protein.

Simply looking at the fat content labels on packaging works wonders - decide what you're going to eat and pick the brand that has the lowest calories, salt, fat and sugars.

The first few days of an diet is always the hardest, the body is recognising that you're essentially fasting and tries to shut down, hence the lethargy. Work through this and it'll be gone within a week.

Remember to drink plenty. Green or herbal teas are great alternative to water. Avoid drinking large amounts of caffeine (although some is acceptable as it helps stimulate bile production useful for metabolic uptake of nutrients).

Gyms aren't the only means of doing exercise. Having a dog is the perfect means of exercise for interval training. 2 mins jog with 30 secs sprint for 10 minutes will leave you and your pooch buzzing.

Walk up hills, run down them, climb stairs. Ride a bike. Do something you wouldn't normally do. Be imaginative.

Finally, dont give up. Surround yourselves with people who support you. Dont be tempted off the path etc.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 03:09 PM
I'd be very interested .....especially coming up to winter.

I always get really down with awful weather and soming home with wet dogs and wet clothes....well...you all know!

Also a terrible some for snacking and boredom eating!....

I have started going to a local volleyball club..I guess its a start!
BriGoose
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-10-2008, 07:17 PM
I know how you feel!! im constantly slipping up, i go extreme health to lots of drink, not particularly junk food, but just heavy fatty foods and hardly any exercise. And its normally when other things are going on in my life, i find it hard when i'm not happy to find the motivation or energy.

When your hungry your hungry for nutrition, just remember that, think about the food that you are eating when you go to eat it, is it actually going to benefit you in anyway..this sometimes works with me thinking like this. I upped my intake of raw foods and drank more and that does help alot, eating things like coconut are very healthy and are full of healthy fats, that breakdown the bad fats...so you dont put weight on but get full on them.
Cant recommend getting lots of greens in your diet enough, try having a green smoothie for breakfast and some seeds or a trail mix to snack on.
I take mesquite meal in my smoothies also, its high protein contains good quantities of calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron and zinc, and is rich in the amino acid lysine as well. Its also a natural appetite supressent.
Smoothies are a good thing to get into!
BriGoose
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Oh yeah i second Chris on the chilli , when i was hungry mid afternoon i use to make a mayan hot chocolate, raw cacao, chilli and vanilla...YUM! adding cayenne and chilli's makes me eat alot less, also drinking green tea and i add ACV to drinks all three of these things make me still have the urge to eat, but i dont feel hungry...if that makes sense..so i dont eat as much!
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Can i just say 3 words.....Aduki bean soup.
I dont know how this works but it does lol.
Aduki beans speed up yr metabolism and adding chilli speeds it even more.
It is really tasty and really filling.

Recipe:
serves 4

125 g aduki beans (pre – soaked)

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion
1 garlic clove
2 celery sticks
2 carrots
1 tablespoon mild chilli powder – more if you like it hotter
2 tablespoons tomato puree

1 can tomatoes
1 litre stock – made with marigold bouillon powder

maldon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
parsley sprigs - chopped
Method

* heat the oil in large saucepan over a medium heat
* chop the onion, garlic, celery and carrots into small pieces
* sauté the onion, celery, carrot and garlic gently for about 5 – 10 minutes until soft
* add the tomato paste and chilli powder and cook for a minute
* add the tomatoes, beans, stock and seasoning
* bring to the boil and simmer gently for about 1 hour until the beans are soft
* using a hand held blender – blend the soup a little, leaving some texture
* taste and adjust seasoning
* sprinkle with parsley to serve
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-10-2008, 11:08 PM
The receipe sounds good, similar to ones I've done in the past but not used the beans before, I'll give it a go I think, so thanks.
BriGoose
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-10-2008, 07:42 PM
marigold bouillon powder i LOVE that stuff, its nice as a drink also!