Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2015, 11:31 AM
Good Morning all...well nearly afternoon Lol
Moyra, we have christmas food here and none of us ever touch it...in fact i don't take anything without asking if it is for me or not, i agree everyone goes a bit nuts at christmas and my mum goes tot he extreme!
Mandy, i do hope Lauryn feels better soon
Lynn, pleased dillon ate his weetabix
Nippy, good luck with the shopping
Brenda, i wonder what is going on with your tablet??how odd
Sue, enjoy your visit with your friend
TW, i always say it is the thought that count..honestly makes no odds to me if someone has bought something for a hundred quid or a quid
vets later with deags, i am sedating her as i want her claws cut...we have worked so hard getting her happy to go to the vet i don't want to undo it all for the sake of her claws being cut...a nice dopey dog is easier to manage so conor can cut her claws back nice and short for me
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2015, 11:45 AM
Griff it's weird as it is only this website on here and only if I try a new thread. No problems on threads already started. Must go and check the pie I can smell it which means time to put the veggies on.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-12-2015, 11:56 AM
Been out with Sammy, no coat for him today it's so mild. Waiting on courier coming as I missed him yesterday. Got Sammy another Christmas present yesterday, sneaked it out my bag and hid it from him hahaha

No extra food here for Christmas going to my sisters.

Glad dogs and backs are feeling better and hope Lauren gets better soon.

I'm a Christmas scrooge don't really buy anyone presents and if I do it's often something out the pound shop but everyone knows I don't have much money.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2015, 12:44 PM
It doesn't matter what you spend it is the thought that counts, even an email card is thought of highly by me because the person has thought about sending one. The pie was yummy.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2015, 01:27 PM
Back from walking the girls, think some people have already finished for Christmas as saw someone on the towpath today, also someone yesterday, both with dogs I've not seen before.
Saw them as I was about to let girls off, but then they disappeared down some steps, so was able to let the girls go.
Yesterday was a vizla which was dragging the girl along, her mother was with her, kept Lona on a line as she is very protective of Mabs and Zen, sure enough she had a grumble, Mabs stayed next to me, and Zen came to me but wanted to play with the vizla so she alternated between us, they were nice people though and no one screamed
Was just coming away from the towpath down the track to the road and girls vanished round a corner, they had a poor walker 'cornered' they were sheltering because it was raining, so girls were fussing around and Mabs kissing them, Zen trying to, Lona saying hello, luckily again - no screaming, and they could have been excused for that in the circumstances! Rains been off and on, very fine rain, but too warm to put my hood up even, got Cariad and Keshi out when it was dry so no dirty looks from Cariad because her coats got wet
Done the yard and kennels, nice clean dry bedding down, another load out, so warm, I am like a grease spot, can go in the shower though today
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2015, 02:39 PM
I think santa should get cariad a coat to save her pretty tresses getting wet Lol.you mentioning silicon has just reminded me there is a bit of sealant in the kitchen that is looking grubby so must got that replaced!!
Just saw how early/late LG was up...hope the old devil is all right.
Sat here having a minor panic, mum and dad have a friend who they met years ago in spain, lives in the next town and he used to pop in at christmas time...hasn't done it for a few years...anyhow, dad bought his new car off a dealership and the car salesman lives next door to dads mate, i have a feeling he is going to pop in again as we haven't had a card off him yet... this means i have to now do a mad tidy up instead of having the whole week i have probably a day...groan. I just have too much stuff to keep hold off, i have all my medical supplies, my blood results medical letters, i really need to find somewhere to keep it all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2015, 02:46 PM
Afternoon. Back form shopping and put away and cleaned upstairs then hd a coffee and cream cake and posted my last cards to Mark and Tracey and the children.
Having a breather before tidying down here have to get it done today will be leaving here about 10.30 tomorrow as meeting Elaine over at Van haage in Peterborough for a Christmas lunch. Gorden is leaving london early tomorrow so we may end up getting home at the same time. That's his plan but knowing how things work there he may get way laid.

Dillon seems back to his old self but he is still worrying around that back paw the one that has the problems so thinking now it was a coincidence that his anal glands were blocked and the two weren't connected. Will have to keep an eye and maybe take him and get that checked out. Should of done it yesterday but really felt they were connected after reading they can obsess on a paw if they can't get to the anal gland area.

Hope everyone is well see shopping trips have been survived, fridges gone on trips too.
griff I do hope your poor mum can get things sorted re: work.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Lynn it could just be a displacement habit. Try to take his mind off it every time you see him worrying about it. If in a couple days that hasn't worked then maybe think about the vet.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2015, 03:01 PM
Thanks Lynn, she has left her details for the other job and told her boss what she has done, he said apparently he told the people doing the breaks/lunches that it was up to mum to set her hours but 3 of them were adamant she'd to stay until 4pm
I do hope you get Dillon sorted out, i would have thought it was the anal glands to be honest, did you manage to get a magnetic collar for him??
Have a lovely lunch with Elaine
right off to sedate my poopie Lol...need to make sure she is nice and sleepy so we can get her claws cut nice and short!! don't know what it is with my dogs but doesn't matter how far i walk them on concrete they never seem to wear down, even when i could walk a lot further laneys claws used to grow like big tallons Lol. I do trim the claws up but i worry about the qwik and want the done properly (i get the angle all wrong!)
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-12-2015, 03:17 PM
Old Devil here! lol ! Just checking in to make sure no one starts a collection for a wreath! lol !
Get clearing up Griff - you know you love it really! Ho! Ho! Ho!
Glad to hear fridges have been transplanted and towpath walkers terrorised (heaven knows most of them really need it).
Didn't notice any invites for coffee and cream cakes over at Lynn's - must have got lost in the post. You can give mine to Dillon as a treat to take his mind off that paw.
Being as I was up early I had a stroll round in the dark to make sure nothing amiss was happening, under cover of darkness. Just Fagin and myself (and a shotgun - 'cos you never know). Fortunately all was well and even got a look at three of the roe deer, well away from the wood and browsing on some birch saplings. After a few minutes they got scent of either the dog or me and following a quick bark vanished silently back into the wood. If they are confident enough to leave cover then there has definitely been no strangers about. I think, somehow they know when they are on a good thing and never seem to stray far from home.
We are due to go on a couple of Xmas visits this weekend - would like to feign illness or similar, the Mem however is a wily bird and there's no way I'd get away with such wickedness. I suppose as it's only once a year and I do very little that doesn't please me, I better shut up and get on with it. Hence keeping the Xmas peace.
Off now to lock up and do a couple of very small jobs, will be back later, bye fer now.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >