Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zepthedep
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-11-2006, 06:38 PM

whats the worst you

Have had said to you when picking up a dog to come into welfare. My most recent was " well since iv'e got athritis in my hands , I cant hit her hard enough to train her properly" promptly followed by him thumping the dog and saying "see".
I just said "theres no need of that" ,put the dog on a lead and walked out with her. You cant say anything or you may not get the dog out.

[inspired by ozzysmom , Oh you must have to bite your tongues at times when dealing with people like this! Mine would be in half]
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-11-2006, 06:41 PM
I'd have wanted to lamp him, but I guess ya gotta just bite ya tongue as you said...
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2006, 06:44 PM
What a horrid person!

Surprised the dog never turned on him for hitting her all that time, poor girl
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by zepthedep View Post
" well since iv'e got athritis in my hands , I cant hit her hard enough to train her properly" promptly followed by him thumping the dog and saying "see".
I just said "theres no need of that" ,put the dog on a lead and walked out with her. You cant say anything or you may not get the dog out.

[inspired by ozzysmom , Oh you must have to bite your tongues at times when dealing with people like this! Mine would be in half]

OMG - I cannot stress highly enough how much I greatly admire any rescuers like yourself who not only work tirelessly, unselfishly long gruelling hours spent on helping often without thanks and then have to have the tact and diplomacy to deal with imbeciles like that. I would probably end up going to jail confronted with such heartless, nasty people
barneys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Ozzysmom View Post
OMG - I cannot stress highly enough how much I greatly admire any rescuers like yourself who not only work tirelessly, unselfishly long gruelling hours spent on helping often without thanks and then have to have the tact and diplomacy to deal with imbeciles like that. I would probably end up going to jail confronted with such heartless, nasty people
Same here ---Aileen
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

11-11-2006, 07:19 PM
me too.............
zepthedep
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-11-2006, 07:19 PM
dont get me wrong im no saint , and in the van driving down the road the air is blue
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2006, 07:32 PM
...yes, but the air and his face would be blue if it was me! Thank heavens for rescuers!
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by zepthedep View Post
Have had said to you when picking up a dog to come into welfare. My most recent was " well since iv'e got athritis in my hands , I cant hit her hard enough to train her properly" promptly followed by him thumping the dog and saying "see".

"She aint no good to me anymore, cos I can't breed from her"

"the chain keeps tripping up my little girl" (chain was atttached to dog, tied to tree at bottom of garden)
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2006, 10:49 PM
There's blood dripping from his mouth and we can't stand the smell.This one was the worst, the poor dog had the worst case of jaw/mouth cancer my vet had ever seen. The owners hadn't taken him to a vet as neither the man or his daughter would accept responsibility for the dog. The man had also given the dog a good hiding that same morning. We made the man go to the vets with us, the dog was given blessed relief (euthanasia) and then we left the man with a six mile walk home, no bus fares, holey trainers, thin jacket and sleet/snow pouring down. I hope the walk gave him a few hours to reflect on his cruelty.

The dog has got too big!! - Hello ! These are Boxers for goodness sake.

The house has got too small!! Did they lose a room or two during the night?

We are getting a new suite and carpet and the dog won't match!! - What can you say to that? 6 year old Boxer bitch they had had from a puppy.

He won't let us put the Christmas tree up!- WOW that's original, I have only heard that one once!!

He chewed a new book up and I'm not putting up with that sort of behaviour. - It was a £2.99 paperback!! She even fished it out of the dustbin to show us the evidence! 10 month old Boxer dog they had paid £500 for!!

We go on holiday tomorrow, could we have another dog when we come back?- No answer to that one! They had had the dog given, easy come, easy go!

I could go on and on and on......................

Then there was the 9 month old Boxer pup that hadn't been for a walk for nearly six months as his owners, who were in their eighties, couldn't manage him. He had been a Christmas present from their grandaughter.

The 9 year old Boxer that had rectal cancer and couldn't even sit down as the tumour had spread and was down his tail. The owner said that he was ok when he handed him over and that we must have given the dog cancer. This dog was handed in to us 2 days before Christmas, so our Christmas eve was lovely that year, holding that dog in our arms whilst he was put to sleep, something his owner should have been doing, not a stranger.

Rescue is just never ending, it wears you out emotionally, it takes over from normal life (what is a normal life?) but then you speak to someone who has had a Boxer from you for 11 or 12 years and they are crying over the loss of their dear pet and then offering a home to another rescued Boxer, this is the bit that gives you the incentive to carry on.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >