Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2024, 10:58 AM

Wednesday 17th January

Good morning everyone

Not so cold today. Teazle walked, bed changed and bedding washed and on radiators and airer also finished clearing the leaves from the garden. Think a trip to the tip tomorrow is on the agenda.

Take care everyone
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2024, 11:11 AM
Morning Sue
It is a bit nippy here but the sun is shining!!!
You have been busy and I am still sat in my PJ's
Will venture out in a bit and then walk the dogs... trying desperately to lose weight
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2024, 02:29 PM
Afternoon each and any one else to come. Yep bit chilly here and Tesco has been. Nothing much else to report except things are just the same. Hoping husbands doctor at the hospital will give me a letter saying what is wrong with him so that I can approach his bank with it. Just hope they don't make a charge unlike his doctor at the usual surgery he goes to. I politely said no to them. Have a good afternoon everyone. Hoping my friend Margaret comes but it is a chilly ride for her on a bus to me.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2024, 04:34 PM
Good afternoon all

Been to work and then popped in to drop some shopping to a friend who is laid up with this lurgy left it in the porch. Waved through the window.

Then home bit of lunch and now on here for a bit then bit of TV and then maybe bed with a book at work early doors again tomorrow.

Sue I need to get to the skip at some point this week but pleased to sad finally bin men been and recycling been 3 1/2 weeks since we saw them. But back on track. Hope to get my bedding on the line Friday but have next week off so shall see.

Griff I agree the sun is shinning and giving false impression of warmth LOL

Brenda Hope you did not have to thaw Margaret out when she arrived. If you cannot get a letter you cannot get a letter.

Chris Hope its not to cold out for Ted, although every dog I have had has adored the cold weather.

Lynn Re you both managing to decompress slightly now? hope you are.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2024, 05:59 PM
Evening everyone so far.
Well we left home at 8.50 am to get to Colchester for the funeral of our friend Don who had Huntingdon's and sadly died in December.

It was a lovely service.
We arrived home not long ago after a short stop at Tesco to pcik yup tea and get a coffee.

It has been very cold here and in Essex today.

Kazz yes we are beginning to decompress and it is as I thought Brewster is living with Elaine and Andy's friend close by but Elaine will own him.
Found out when trying to sort address details for changing his chip details.

Missing him terribly and no need to be but worry they continue the careful care needed for his hip and shoulder recovery.
We are slowly decompressing Kazz.
Tomorrow Bev, Boo and myself are off out to a garden centre.

Our friend Jacky wife of Don and friend Gaynor who we have n't seen for ages and she lost her husband a couple of years ago will be visiting and staying when the weather is better.
Jacky doesn't drink but Gaynor and myself like a glass or two of wine.

I hope Margaret got over brenda.
Sue we have a dump trip to do too.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2024, 07:49 PM
Sounds like a plan coming together to enjoy your retirement with the added benefit of Boo too. LOL
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2024, 07:57 PM
Yes Kazz.

We had some more sad news before leaving today and we'll be attending another funeral quite soon.
Pete our friend in Yorkshire went into a hospice at the weekend after coming home foer end of life care, he became double incontinent and and cannot make a sensible sentence so has gone onto the hospice they give him a couple of weeks. They should have had at least 18 months from the end of October.
Dessa and Vonny her two Bernese Dessa is turned 12 are going to stay at their friends who bred Dessa while Pam spends her last week or two at the hospice with Pete.

We will be glad when this month ends so much sadness for us at this time.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2024, 08:04 PM
You have such a lot going on Lynn it maybe was fortuitous that Brewster has stayed under the umberella of Elaine and therefore got a home near her so quickly. Giving you a chance to be with friends.

And you have the caravan holidays to look forward too.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2024, 08:36 PM
That has been going through my mind Kazz.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2024, 10:59 PM
Good evening all.

Blooming freezing, but we didn't 'do' the prom because I had an eye injection booked for this afternoon. Blooming heck, I can only just see again and my eye has non-stop run since I had it. It's stopped hurting now though so back on track

Ted isn't bothered by the cold when he's running full pelt, but then likes to come up on my knee to warm up He has a jumper and a coat on, but, bless him, he's so thin. It's still murder trying to get him to eat anything but he's better than he was with it. Still underweight though

Lynn, you're having a lousy start to the year. I do hope things start looking up for you soon