Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tablundell
New Member!
Female 

28-09-2010, 03:47 PM

Wainwrights puppy food

I have an 11 month old Weimaraner with a very sensitive tummy. Has anyone tried wainwrights dry puppy food the turkey & rice variety?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Wainwrights is a very good food. If your pup has a sensitive tum i would suggest the Salmon and potato rather than the turkey as turkey is quite rich.
tablundell
New Member!
Female 

28-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Thanks very much for your reply. The reason I went for the turkey variety is that he doesn't seem to like fish based food. I just want to find food that he's happy with that won't upset his tummy & he needs to put on weight
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by tablundell View Post
I have an 11 month old Weimaraner with a very sensitive tummy. Has anyone tried wainwrights dry puppy food the turkey & rice variety?
Yeah my puppy has Wainwrights and absolutly loves it! Really nice food
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2010, 05:19 PM
My puppy used to have wainwrights puppy, then went onto adult, its a very nice food with good ingredients.
As already said the salmon and potato may suit a sensetive tummy better than turkey.

Good luck
NeoTed
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-09-2010, 05:27 PM
We changed Ted to Wainwrights and he started getting tear staining and really smells doggy! We've changed him again now.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Rupert's been on pretty much every food available and Wainwrights is the one I've found suits him best. It's the only one he eats reliably and doesn't lose weight on anyway. He looks great on it and the horrible smell he used to have has gone since he's been on it.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 02:55 PM
I use this for my puppies and recently went onto JWB for my dog but i think im going back to Wainwrights. Its a good food
tablundell
New Member!
Female 

29-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks so much for your replies. I just wanted to provide an update. Fletcher has been on Wainwrights large breed puppy food (turkey & rice variety) for 2 days now & for the first time in a long time he has sat waiting for his food & ate it all immediately. He really seems to like it. He has a bit of a runny bum but I'm hoping that's due to the change of food.