Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2014, 06:08 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Saturday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Chucking it down outside, but can't complain cos we've had a lovely week. Dave arrived home late, roads closed, accidents, but at least he did arrive home eventually.

Off to the van to do the change over today, and Dave's coming with me cos the shower tray isn't draining well, so somebody has obviously washed their dog in there and it's bunged up with hair.

Apart from that nothing much else to do and Dave won't be able to do much either in this weather cos all his diy jobs are now outside ones and electrics. I'm sure he'll want to get on with something when he gets back though.

Hope everyone is ok today along with the doglets and I'll try and pop back later for a catchup. Enjoy your week-end all
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2014, 06:17 AM
Morning Helena and all who follow,

Another very wet morning here, it is bucketing down. I felt very 'exposed' standing out in the garden with the dogs this morning with that tree gone ..... I'm sure I'll get use to it

My younger son is around today which is rare and wants to come on a dog walk later which will be lovely providing its not really wet.

I hope the change over goes well Helena and Dave manages to find some job to do when you both get home ...... there really can't be many left surely

I hope any poorly members and dogs are feeling better today, especially Bev who has got us all worried.

See you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2014, 06:19 AM
Morning Helena what a nuisance drive for Dave last night but as you say at least he did arrive home safely.
Good luck with the shower unbunging. You and Dave could sit in your conversation set today having a conversation if its too wet for jobs.

Weather bit grim here too although not raining but it has been. Dillon kept me wake half the night with his panting he must of been hot then around two he wanted to go out so Gorden obliged with that job. They were both back in an hour after Dillon has laid outside.
This morning he was awake by 7 am and is now outside nothing wrong with him he is bouncy and naughty but just hot. Dreading the summer with him.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2014, 06:20 AM
Morning Jenny. You must remember to put some clothes on now the tree has gone. Enjoy your day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2014, 06:47 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Jenny. You must remember to put some clothes on now the tree has gone. Enjoy your day.
Ha, ha .... I'd be arrested if I was out there with nothing on but it would guarantee that our neighbours opposite would at least draw their curtains at night
Poor Dillon really does suffer from the heat doesn't he and it can't be fun for you and Gorden having interrupted sleep . Enjoy your day which I'm sure at sometime will include a visit to a nursery or cafe for coffee and some gorgeous cake
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2014, 07:09 AM
Morning H and all,

Still feeling really rough and dizzy. I am now starting to wish I had someone here to help me and maybe even look after me a little. I am really struggling. I have no proper food in now and even if I had just can't stand long enough to cook or make anything.

I am mean't to be going to do mums housework this morning and then driving her to Colchester (a 20 mile round trip) to do her shopping, but I can't see I can do it, but I don't want her to know I am ill as she has enough problems with her and dads health and she does over worry which won't do her any good. So I am trying to think of an excuse for not going that won't worry her.

One of my sons is at work all weekend and the other has car problems so neither can do the 60 mile round trip to me. Ash is working day and night this weekend out on exercise and Charly can't drive so can't get here as there would be nobody to have Harley if she got the train and she has to be back for an interview Monday so it wouldn't be practical.
Anyway enough of my woes, I am sure in a week or two when I am better I will look back and laugh about this. There are a lot of people out there far worse off than me.

H I hope Dave can unblock the shower tray and it is just some dog hair.

Jenny enjoy the day with your younger son and your walk together.

Lynn poor Dillon suffering with the heat already. You will have to get him a paddling pool for the summer so he can lay in it and keep cool.

Just started to rain here, which at least means I won't have to water the garden today. Its so dry out there we badly need it.

Have a good day all whatever your plans
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2014, 07:25 AM
Morning Bev. Can your sister not help out with mum and dad for a bit till you feel better ? Like I use too you do the lions share of the caring and sometimes one of the other siblings need to step up and help. I know its hard to ask and even harder too get them to help and if they do its very reluctant and makes you feel guilty.
If you don't get the rest you need you will not be able to take over the caring again for a long time.
I know mum and dad are ill but you are too and will be no good to them in the future if you don't take that needed break you are also trying to work a long day job and a strenuous job.
(((Hugs))) feel better soon.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2014, 07:33 AM
My sister is at work today in all fairness, but no she doesn't have a clue how to help anyone she is certainly not the nurturing kind,
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2014, 07:37 AM
Well fair enough today if she is working. I think you need to cancel today however you do it for your safety a well as your mums. But you also need to feel a lot better before taking on too much again you have to get yourself well. I know Bev from experience it won't just be physical in the end.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2014, 07:39 AM
Morning all
I actually feel a little better, now just need to stop coughing and feeling sick. When I went to the docs on Thursday, she gave me some strong antibiotics which I think started working quite quick. She had a good look at me and said of also got a chest infection, on top of the virus, which is why I felt so low.
Now though poor Hubby is ill. He's flued up, he came home from work Thursday night really ill, cold to the bone
Poor Rosie is wondering what's going off. Lauryn has took her out but she not had a proper long walk, but as my son says "she's a lazy dog really" so she not too bothered

Helena hope the caravan drain cleaning is sorted easily
MM you don't sound well at all,
Jenny hope the rain stops so you can go on that walk
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »