Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by borderladysue View Post
Glad it was usefull do plenty of research and get the correct legal advice, good luck.

sue
Thanks..will keep you all posted

Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
Agricultural occupancy means you need to live within so many miles of the area and make the majority of your income in the agricultural or forestry trade.
Thanks for the info

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Well that would make you an 'agricultural worker' then maybe get a few hens and sell eggs at the roadside just to make sure I do hope you will keep us up to date on this it sounds like a lovely idea.
Will definately keep you posted H, although I don't think the hens idea would be any good for me as I'm scared of birds

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
These properties are always a lot cheaper than the norm, and we came across a few when searching many years ago. It means you have to prove that you will be using the land for agricultural purposes of some sort, i.e. making hay, baling it and using or selling it, that kind of thing. Mortgage companies aren't keen either for some strange reason. It's a big "tie" to buying a property, you should really avoid them is my advice, I know we did.
Thanks H, yes the couple of properties that seem too good to be true for the money have these clauses, and that must be the reason. It is still very early days yet but I wanted to find out as much as I could, if we need to put them completely out of our minds we will, but we both want a smallholding type venture and I am more than happy to have some goats, sheep, pigs etc...not for food though, they would be my pets

Some of the outbuildings would be ideal for Clive to work out of, to convert into doggy holiday homes and to provide livery, (some have stable blocks), all possibly providing a small income. If we can buy something without a mortgage then we won't be under the pressure that we and most other people are each month.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2