Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DanishPastry
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2007, 06:41 PM

back at agility after summer holiday

A couple of videos of me and my terv girl from monday nights agility class. First class after a months holiday, and I was a bit all over the place to say the least but we had good fun. It has finally clicked for Indy that she gets a treat for a nice stop on the contacts, so now she wants to go on the dogwalk all the time must stop that before it becomes a bad habbit

video one

video two
chihuahualover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2007, 06:49 PM
I liked them both but the second video was too cute, *shes* trying to show off for you, but just cant seem to stay off that first obstacle, I think *she* likes it best!

There beautiful Danish!
DanishPastry
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2007, 06:57 PM
aww thank you

(p.s. he is a she :smt002 )
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Great vids. The commentary was also very entertaining!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2007, 09:33 PM
I loved the commentary too
Kruse, a lot of us instructors are inflicted with the mime thing :smt005

Indy is getting lovely stops on those contacts, well done both of you
Once she gets a bit more confident when you cross behind her, you should see less of her turning toward the side you were last on, but that will come
Have a think about timing - when she`s in the air over a jump, [ when you need to let her know you have changed sides ], is a good time to give her a cue - not too soon or she might break off stride to not jump and not too late so she does`nt have time to wonder where you are, and don`t forget how far back a dog can see behind them when facing forward, maybe raise an arm as well as give her a vocal nudge to let her know you have crossed behind
[ Sorry, you know I always stick my bloomin` great oar in when I have my instructor head on ].

That said, you are giving her lovely clear signals and body movements, nice and fluid for her to read, you have that `invisible cord` to use between you which is so lovely to watch for the resulting teamwork :smt038
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Lovely video's you must be very Proud of her.
DanishPastry
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-08-2007, 05:13 AM
Patch, on monday we in my class meet an hour earlier because the instructor wants to teach this command thoroughly and we don't have ernough time in just one hour if we want to do it properly and do a bit of something else too. She did start with one of the dogs, and first put 2 jumps in an angle like |_ and put a treat after the second jump, then gradually turning it more and more to be like _ _ with the dog jumping away from the handler. She says if we have more time she can concentrate more on one dog while the others have a rest, and it won't be rushed. It will be useful to teach Indy to work away from me, they call her the velcro dog, eventhough she is not nearly as bad as she used to be

BTW, after class I did a bit of weaving with her (as non of the courses we ran on had weaves) and she got 3 out of 4 perfect! This from standing about 1½ metres away, and then give the command, and she seeking the entrance herself, something she has not been confident with before I think a holiday has done her really well.
The one out of 4 she didn't get, she missed the last weave, so got MAJORLY punished.... only an "aww nearly there" and NO SAUSAGE needles to say she tried harder next time