Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spot
Dogsey Veteran

31-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I used to love Rocky's smile:

I miss him
That is one very sloppy dog no wonder you miss that grin.
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
They also chatter they teeth when really excited (like when getting a chicken wing) dont know of any other dogs that do that tho.

Yeah, Guinness does that when he knows he's getting some raw.

He also does this sort of "croc-snap" thing when he wants attention and isn't getting it. His fosterer warned me about that one when we first went to meet him. It would look and sound pretty scary if you didn't know otherwise.
bijou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-11-2012, 06:22 AM
Hi, Ive had 20 plus years of rehabilitating clients dogs and teaching not to bite and also for the past 10 years teaching dogs to bite.
There are some stressed dogs showing defence in some of those photos.
With the greatest respect Dave this has NOTHING to do with stress or defence -the bitch in the original photo is a PAT dog with the most unstressy nature possible - this is simply her way of greeting those she loves - it's a breed trait for Belgians and almost every one I've had has done this.
dave olley
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Hi,some of the dogs in some of the photos are showing stress and defence.
Sometimes people interpret things in different ways
There are many reasons for this,lack of understanding is the foremost hurdle we all have to overcome.

Dave
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by dave olley View Post
There are many reasons for this,lack of understanding is the foremost hurdle we all have to overcome.

Dave
You must be looking at different pictures than the ones in this thread then, if you think some of the dogs here are showing stress and defence.
Meg
Supervisor

01-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by dave olley View Post
Dave
Hi Dave I guess from some of the photographs it may appear that way but to get a really accurate interpretation I would say you would really need to see the dog 'in person' when the photographs were taken.

I used to have a dog Bunny who would pull all sorts of different faces on demand and she did this when she was neither stressed or being defensive
bijou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Who was it who said "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing ?"...
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by bijou View Post
With the greatest respect Dave this has NOTHING to do with stress or defence -the bitch in the original photo is a PAT dog with the most unstressy nature possible - this is simply her way of greeting those she loves - it's a breed trait for Belgians and almost every one I've had has done this.
I have to say I agree with this.. if Tilly is doing this out of stress and defence then blimey she is stressed 24hrs a day and mostly when just waking up in the morning and coming over to say hi.

Tilly is definately NOT a stressed dog, she is a happy smiley wobbily dog... but then maybe I don't know my dog at all
Azz
Administrator
Male 

01-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Catching a dog at the precise time while 'speaking' could easily result in a photo that some might interpret as aggression - but it's just a single freeze frame from thousands. It's the overall picture (that you don't get to see in a photo) that counts imo.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

01-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Catching a dog at the precise time while 'speaking' could easily result in a photo that some might interpret as aggression - but it's just a single freeze frame from thousands. It's the overall picture (that you don't get to see in a photo) that counts imo.
It is like that Alamy stock photograph of a Staffie that the Mail always put up to show a "dangerous" Staffie whenever one has bitten someone.

The photograph taken just at the moment the dog was sneezing...
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >