Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2024, 08:21 AM

Friday 15th March 2024

Morning all. Did you know that there is a national hug day? Well I missed it so I am now going to give you all a hug today just incase you need one. I am back on my diet. So for the next 10 weeks I am going to try and lose 1lb a week. That means by the end of May I will be slim and sylphlike. lol!! Well a girl can dream. bg!! Have a good day everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2024, 12:14 PM
Good afternoon.....I am raging!
My dad gave....yes gave a BMW away around 10 years ago, he gave it to a guy at the club we used to drink at. Within a week he was moaning about how he had had to do something and spent about 80p on a bolt! I had had a drink so wasn't really polite and just said "give me the keys back, I will give you the cost of the bolt and I will sell the car tomorrow for £1500 all day long". He shut up at that point but has made little comments in the past, we have seen him really much since COVID and not at all for at least 3 years.
My phone... landline went this morning, I answered and heard an old man on the phone, I didn't know who it was but he said is that Kelly? I went...yes, still no idea who it was, he said it was Phil and I said "who" ?? He repeated Phil and the penny dropped, I had no idea what he wanted.....the bloody car!! Again! Apparently he has banged the front of the car and damaged the wheel and the spare is a different size...well, yeah because I bought 17" rims for.it and we have the RAC/AA so will just get recovered in. Bare In mind, this car is 24 years old now, cost him barely any money and I haven't heard from him in years, he rung because my dad had told him he had a set of wheels for it...... after 10 bloody years! So me being nice offered to climb in the garage and look, I found the wheels, 4 x 16 inch he wants one 17", I was trying to explain they're after market wheels with an offset spacer, he is insisting they are BMW because the centre cap says so lol. Now, I could have been nice and said that if he swapped all 4 wheels for mine problem solved but the next bit of the conversation p*ssed me off royally.
Apparently tmy dad got ripped of with the car, it's 24 years old and still driving ( not ripped off) cost Phil very little money, he was going on about the body work again and then went on to say the cars dodgy as it ended up in auction at 4 years old.....well yes, it was a lease vehicle for a company, commonly disposed of at auction...we knew all this. I kind of lost.my rag a bit because the car was free and he is calling me for wheels he was offered 10 years ago and basically moaning, I am now even more angry because, he called my house phone....I am not in the phone book, he has never had my landline ever and the only 2 people who would have given him the number to contact us would have given my dad's mobile number.....he has gone over the my dad's aunty's house and she isn't well as she has had a stroke, he has obviously knocked her door and asked her for the number....I am sooooooo annoyed. My mums told me to block him s number...so I have, I have blocked him on my mobile too and Steve just can't believe the audacity of the guy, I am filthy and aching and a bit gobsmacked at the cheek of him
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2024, 12:31 PM
good afternoon

Hope you have managed to get a walk in the dry Brenda

Hugs Kelly and take a few deep breaths. The cheek of the man thinking you are still responsible for a car after 10 years.

Wet here gain but managed to get Teazle out without getting wet. Fortunately managed to mow the back lawn last night before the rain started as the birds had made a mess of it pulling out the moss. On duty this afternoon

Taker everyone
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2024, 12:41 PM
We have rain too sue
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2024, 01:21 PM
We have sun and have been for one walk and now just going for the second one and then read yet again another book.This time set in ww11 in the naafi.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2024, 02:47 PM
Good afternoon all

Dry here this morning, but looked threatening all the time we were out which was probably why we had the seafront cafe to ourselves this morning.

I think spring has sprung for Ted. He wanted to run everywhere this morning as opposed to walking and did zoomies round the garden when we got home. He's finally worn himself out and is well and truly zonked

The eye injection went really well. For the first time in over 18 months no pain and only minimal after effects.

Aw Kelly.. I'd have hung up on him as soon as I realised who it was. Some people have the cheek of the devil
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2024, 03:35 PM
So pleased to hear all is good for you and Ted. I got a little damp on my second walk but not to bad. Have a good evening everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2024, 04:21 PM
Good afternoon all

Off today and been in and out all day. Came back to find my neighbours washing and half the line in my back garden so recovered what I could (my side folded it and popped in in the porch for when they get home later have popped a note through their door letting them know but think they would of figured it out to be honest. Had to look twice you do not expect it. LOL

Popped into Sainsburys to pick up some bits and pieces nothing much. Was aiming to make the weekly litter pick but did not get there.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2024, 04:23 PM
Chris, so pleased there was no pain after this injection, must be quite off putting knowing it's going to hurt each time
Well, I am having one of those days! Waiting for Amazon delivery, says handed to resident....I have been in all day, nobody has come near the house as ring and CCTV confirm, Amazon help centre sent me in circles, I ended up ringing them and apparently the courier ( actually Amazon) sometimes mark parcels delivered if they are running late and then your stuff shows up tomorrow.... so.why.mark it as delivered?? She said if I haven't got it tomorrow, contact them and they will get me a refund. If it's been given to a neighbour, I am clueless as it says handed to resident and they shouldn't do that anyway as I have a safe place set....tw*ts
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2024, 04:29 PM
Brenda No idea of a national hug day however there appears to be a national day for everything but have a double "hug" "hug" on me.

Griff This is not meant weirdly or nastily but you seem to have a "sign over your head" saying "idiots fools and nutters" contact me. LOL I would like to think I would of done as Chris suggested but think I would of been to gobsmaked at the audacity to think along those lines. I also thnk I would be popping the newly found 16" wheels on ebay = job done.

Sue I have a flock and I say flock about 20 magpies who are totally besotted with my one area of grass assume there is something "tasty" underneath does not particually bother me but on occasion they do make me jump if I open the back door or the back bedroom window and they then scatter/fly and I jump.

Chris Excellent news about the injection, when is your operation/procedure due? Glad you have a exculsive cafe this morning although I imagine the owners would like a few more LOL. Ahh for Ted glad he enjoyed himself, do you think having him castrated has improved his alover health my friend has had her Bulldog doneand like Sue with Burt says best descision ever made.

Lynn Have you decided on exstension or conservatory think my guit would say exstention so its an all round year room usage have been in conservatories where they are bl**dy freezing 5 months of the year.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >