Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2018, 06:59 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 19th May

Good morning everyone, Hope you are all in fine fettle.

Lynn, that must have been rather strange going to see Peter, Glad you did and you were able to have one or two bits of Gils jewellery and some photos. People in the dying business have no sentimental feelings do they, very mercenary.

Griff, glad they are getting somewhere with next doors building work.

Steve is working today and I think he is glad he will not be subjected to nothing but wedding all day. I must get Amber out for her walk.

Have a good day everyone stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2018, 07:26 AM
Good morning all.

Working slightly into reverse, put machine washing in took Gert round the block, came back and put a line of washing out had breakast and put the washing out. Had breakfast, another load in machine. Just waiting or that to finish then onto the line and off up the field before the fair weather walkers get out on this lovey day.

Moyra sorry you are feeling a bit unwell hope you get a solution before long.
Lynn Thoughts for you at going to the house.....
Griff what friendship hope its not Steve seems to be going so well.

To everyone I am in the garden today will watch bits of the wedding, going to hang out my hangng baskets for the first time properly just being "in and out daytime so far to grow on. Figer crossed no more dodgy weather. But if there is they will just have to cope.

o
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2018, 08:07 AM
Morning Moyra, Kazz and all to follow.
Lovely warm sunny day here already walked Dillon feel like it may be a scorcher.
Pottering in the garden today for us.
My rotary line gave up the other evening just fell apart when putting it away, it's always covered but it is about 5 years old so suppose they don't last forever.
Gorden has rigged me a couple of other lines up.

I also hope it is not the Steve friendship griff.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2018, 08:43 AM
I too was hoping Griff, was not referring to her friendship with Steve as they have been getting on so well lately.

My main problem is the weakness and tiredness I am suffering from. I am frightened of toppling over all the time.

It's my Steve's 55th birthday on Tuesday and I overlooked it as I had already bought his presents, namely new darts and flights and stems etc £60+ and also a couple of T. shirts suitably overprinted with 1963 etc on them. I was going to take him to lunch on Tuesday but I am having two teeth extracted so not sure whether I shall be up to it. We shall see.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2018, 09:00 AM
Good morning, Moyra, Kazz, Lynn and all ego follow

You have been busy this morning Kazz. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Hope you soon begin to feel the benefit of the Iron tablets Moyra

Nice that you were able to have a few bits I Gill's jewellery Lynn

I too hope that it is not Griff's friendship with Steve.

My raspberry Ruby is doing really well in the ground Harvey and there are lots of flowers appearing so hopefully a good crop. I have put my cage round it to stop the little thief from helping herself It fruits on the canes that are produced the year before so you can cut out the old ones down to ground level. They will be the brown ones. As it is still in the pot I think I would leave it there until the fruiting season is over before putting it in the ground.

Lovely morning morning here. Teazle walked early, throws on sofas in the conservatory washed and on the line and also cleaned all the windows downstairs.

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2018, 09:45 AM
Morning all
Lovely sunny day here
Moyra, i hope that Steve will understand his birthday meal may be a bit delayed, would be awful to go and have to pay for a meal if you can't manage to eat it or in pain
Lynn, we have a rotary line (is it just my mums name for it...whirly gig or is that a real thing?) i have it in a patio base so i can move it around if needs be...i never cover it up, just leave it out but folded up, i think i got it from wilko
Sue, Lol..i think my dogs would steal the fruit too, or flatten the bush, kota has a thing for rolling on plants at the moment??
Kazz, you have been busy...i have managed to wash up and feed the animals Lol. Urggghhh fair weather walkers, ours are back here too...the worst one is a guy who comes in a van with a mastiff, a chow and a staffy...no collars, no leads and no poo bags...oh and 3 young kids too
Yes, it is my friendship with Steve...if that's what it was, apparently i am selfish and just talk about myself and people i know! Nothing is further from the truth and i am the least selfish person i know, we ended up having a big argument and i think as he is back on his feet he will be o.k. I have said i will return the bracelet he got me and the little collectible he bought me a couple of weeks back but he says he doesn't want them back...to be honest though, it's not about what he wants...i don't want to be reminded of him so they are going back today. He has messaged me to apologise but he obviously said it for a reason and i told him some home truths too and i guess it's just best we go our separate ways, he knows if Molly needs me or he is in trouble i will help but other than that we are two very different people who treat people very very differently
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-05-2018, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
My raspberry Ruby is doing really well in the ground Harvey and there are lots of flowers appearing so hopefully a good crop. I have put my cage round it to stop the little thief from helping herself It fruits on the canes that are produced the year before so you can cut out the old ones down to ground level. They will be the brown ones. As it is still in the pot I think I would leave it there until the fruiting season is over before putting it in the ground.

Sue, thanks for that, I appreciate 'hands on' gardening advice. Yes, so many jobs to do that moving it now not high priority, will harvest the berries and hopefully put in the ground in a few months. I have a spot allocated and I can (Time permitting) dig in some good ol' horse muck while waiting
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-05-2018, 11:51 AM
Griff, sorry to read your post above, don't know what to say as 'relationships' definately not my strong point, but everything you write on Dogsey tells me you are 'good egg' and should be appreciated by those around you. If they don't then that is their loss.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2018, 12:31 PM
Griff, that's my fault. I said you two were getting along remarkably well and maybe that is what frightened Steve that you were getting too close for his comfort. He has apologised and I should be magnaminous and accept his apology and carry on as if nothing has happened.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2018, 01:59 PM
No Moyra, don't worry...it's been going on for about a week now, basically i was his Mrs...despite his saying friends, i have lots of friends but we aren't on the phone for hours a day, they don't cook me my dinner, they aren't the one i call repeatedly if i am in trouble...i will call one or the other..not always the same one. He kept referring to me as "woman" which he what he called me when we were together and i repeatedly asked him not to due to what it meant to me, yet still he kept on, even yesterday before we fell out. I have been up and returned the bracelet and the figure and left a bag of food for Molly so i at least know she is o.k..he has called me going nuts at me for returning the stuff, he asked why so i said i wanted no reminders of him..he said but you can't forget memories...i intend to give it a damn good go! We are both at very different points in our lives, we want very different things and last night showed that it is best we go our own ways...he however doesn't want to lose me as a "friend" apparently i am being silly, i have told him i am fine and will be o.k and just to leave me be but he can't seem to accept that...this is how things were before and he was seeing someone so i think it best if i step away
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >