Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2018, 06:49 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 2nd May

Good morning all, still not very warm, roll on tomorrow supposed to be better. Hope you are all well and feeling in fine fettle, both you and your four legged friends.

Guess, I have got to get Amber out for her walk, at least it is not raining YET!

Have a good day all hope Tyto, Casey and Dillon are all good. Take care, stay warm and dry, if you can, and most of all safe and well. God bless.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-05-2018, 06:53 AM

This is how far the workmen have got with updating our en-suite this morning. Today it is the grouting and hopefully some of the plumbing done, like the heated towel rail and shower unit etc.

Have to say they are doing a fantastic job ,far better than hoped for
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2018, 07:42 AM
It's looking good Barry and I should know Steve is a floor and wall tiler and is highly respected. Soon be finished.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2018, 08:33 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you managed to get Amber out without getting wet

Yes Moyra he seems to be very good at his job and has spent ages fiddling with the awkward bits. He starts and 8.00am and finishes at 5.00pm and doesn't seem to stop for lunch.

Have managed to get Teazle out and only got damp as it started to drizzle and is still doing so. More rain forecast for later in the day so that will save me watering my beans for a while. Have made some apple crumbles for son and apple/blackberry for us so only got the cook them now.

Hope all are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-05-2018, 09:44 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and Barry and all who follow.
Managed to get Dillon out while only lightly raining now its harder. He is down with the cars being sheltered by the trees, but will come in covered in twigs and leaves.
Have to pop over to Ely to pick his food order up later so had better keep a check on the levels at Welney if we get much more of this wet weather it will be shut again due to flooding.

Ensuite looking very nice.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2018, 09:50 AM
Oooo that's looking lovely Sue and Barry
Chucking down here, took chemo and dashed out before I started feeling sick... picked up a statue for the geek, cost £17 but retails for £80 in the same shop...bonus!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2018, 12:08 PM
Good morning all.

Horrible morning here. Cold, very wet and quite windy. YUK!

Needless to say, short walk today. Rosie is not a big fan of wet weather so she's happy with the short one on days like this.

Your bathroom looks to be coming on nicely. Good tiling makes a vast difference to the overall effect and that looks to be good tiling.

I'm always one for bargains too. I hate shopping, but love a bargain
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2018, 12:16 PM
Steve is a massive gaming geek, so we got his man cave sorted and it started off world of Warcraft themed with a few star wars bits now it's got all sorts, assassin's creed, Zelda and his best bargain...a black panther statue, he paid £40.... retails at £300!!! I am really pleased with how the room has turned out, my neighbour says I should get into interior design lol
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-05-2018, 06:56 PM
Grouting done and shower head and towel rail in. Shower panels and new toilet cistern to fit now and also new floor covering

Then for Sue to paint and me to put up the mirror which means moving the shaver light unit up a few mm.

they, the previous owners even bodged with the old mirror. To get it to fit they "nibbled" along the long edge
The one in the photo is a bit bigger but by moving the light up a couple of mm it fitted perfectly. An added bonus is we already had this one from when we moved
Just got to get the proper mirror screws and caps now
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-05-2018, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
the previous owners even bodged with the old mirror. To get it to fit they "nibbled" along the long edge
Unbelieve I suppose they used a pair of pliers, can't see how it could ever have looked right. But when you said they had a radio in the shower that pretty much told me everything one needs to know about them
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >