View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2016, 01:29 PM
Oh Griff, what were they intending to do to Dex. Hope he is going to be ok. You must be very worried about him. I hope they sort him out so that you can pick him up later.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2016, 01:53 PM
he is going in for an enema moyra...basically an expensive spa day for a cat Lol, he had a mini enema last night but no good so today he is getting sedated and having the full one done, i do worry about him, he is very special to me
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2016, 02:34 PM
Hoping Dex is OK now and more comfortable, and they also find out what the actual problem is so it doesn't happen all over again another time
Son arrived only shortly after 10.30 and was in a rush to get back, he's based in Sheffield now, nearer home but further from me. His area used to be up near my end, but now he's had this job change things are very different. He's under more pressure than I imagined, and I just wish the premises he looked for so hard had come up in time for him to take the VR, as he's not happy at all.
Girls have been out and had a lovely play, sun is out, colder now, we've had a mild autumn up till this week. Was well wrapped up with woolly socks under my boots and gloves as well.
Keshi still in season, she certainly knows how to spin it out, glad I got these ovulation strips as I can check her so I know when we are safe to go out properly again.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2016, 02:50 PM
TW, pleased your sone turned up...i am sure at some point the right premises will come along and he will be able to set himself up in business.
They know what's up with Dex, we have known for about 6 years, he has a narrowing of his pelvis from when his had his accident...where the fracture healed it has narrowed and his motions can't pass through very well, he also has a mega colon...think thats right which means that he has a great deal of difficulty, we manage it with liquid parrafin, lactulose and pumpkin but occassionally he does need assistance. Still no call, getting worried about him now, danny said he would call when he was done...also called the Drs to see if i need to collect my antibiotics...the nurse who dipped my urine isn't there and the receptionist obviously couldn't be bothered to look on the computer
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2016, 02:58 PM
He was relying on the money from VR to set himself up, but he had to make the decision by the end of June, and he looked tirelessly for the right premises and nothing showed up. The next idea was for him to use potential bonus's, but things are not going well on that score, so I can perfectly well understand how he is feeling, he loved his old job, but it no longer exists, was unable to get the new project off the ground in time, and he cannot fund it by himself as the bonus's he was confidently expecting aren't forthcoming up to now.
I can't help him myself and it makes me feel useless.Just have to hope there is an improvement in the near future for him
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2016, 05:06 PM
To a degree, I know how you feel June. I want to give Steve some money to help him with the expense of his new vehicle but it is a case of explaining to the tax money that it was a gift from me so in the meantime I am not sure how I can financially help him. I have suggested that once his books are up to date we invite an inland revenue expert out to help us with his books this year as this new van is causing problems. He still owes £6k on the van as a loan. I would have liked to help him out with that. Not that I could afford to settle it all but I could have given him about 3k.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2016, 05:14 PM
He needs about 20K Moyra, the VR would have provided that, but if no premises then he couldn't take the risk
Got the chimney sweep booked for Friday morning, so I can survive till then. After that lovely big fire every day and toasty house.
Hoping Dex is OK Griff, and also the bloods have been sorted for you.
Made some Golden Paste for the girls. Have had some lambs tails simmering a few days, all the meat has dropped off, taken bones and yukky bits out, added veg, herbs and soup mix and it'll be lovely tomorrow and the next couple of days for lunch with nice bread.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2016, 05:21 PM
Afternoon everyone.
Do hope Dex is ok griff and you have a peaceful evening.
Moyra and June we all want to help out don't we they are our children after all however old or big. Do hope things turn around soon for the better June.

Well Dillon is 5 today who can believe it ? Bit of a big thing for us seeings as we lost Max in 2002 age 41/2 and Ollie February 2011 aged 4 and 9 months.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2016, 05:33 PM
Oh Well done, Dillon, may he enjoy several more happy years with you Lynn. xxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-11-2016, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
He's under more pressure than I imagined, and I just wish the premises he looked for so hard had come up in time for him to take the VR, as he's not happy at all.
If I recall when he was looking (and considering taking VR) was all pre Brexit referendum. IMO everything is now 'up in the air' as they say, uncertainty which ever way you look. In 2 or 3 years it will have settled and may well be a better time (to start his own business) than it was when he was looking earlier this year.

So hard as it sounds I would strongly suggest he just sticks with it, takes the pressure, and keeps his plans 'on ice' and to quote a rather over used expression "Everything comes to he who waits"
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >