jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2008, 01:06 PM

My adventure at the UB40 concert last night

well we left at 4am, picked my friend up and headed off to essex
arrived at 9am and my daughter cooked us all breakfast
then went shopping to get some new jeans for the concert

left my daughters at 4pm to collect her friend and headed out to Brentwood, arrived about 4.45pm and joined the queue, we were all very excited at seeing the concert

got let in about 5.15pm and found our place very near the front of the stage, brought a bottle of beer and awaited the start at 7.30pm, time flew past and we got chatting to some lovely people

Asward come on at 7.30pm and were excellent, my leg had held out and i was good spirits, dancing and singing, loving it

then UB40 came on, i was in heaven, they were excellent, then half way through their set i felt dizzy, the crowd was pushing forward and there was not a lot of space, i said to my daughter could i lean on her shoulder as i felt a bit faint
i was okay, then i felt my legs going abit, steadied myself, and said to my friend i was okay but felt a little light headed

then all i remember is being held up by two paramedics, yep you guessed it i passed out!!!!!!

never been so embrassed in my life, was taken to a ambulance where they told me my heart wa beating too fast and i needed to go to hospital, i refused and told them it was not my illness but UB40,s fault

i ended up missing Maxi Priest but got to watch the rest of the concert on the sidelines
i still feel unsteady today and hurt my leg badly when i went down, so am going doctors tomorrow to get sorted

i can never go anywhere without something happeing can i and it is starting to get me down tbh

anyway i was chatting on the UB40 forum this morning to a another member and she saw me walked out by the paramedics and then one of the bandmembers of UB40 replyed to our messages

here is what he put

bt/ub40
Band Member
Band Member

Good Morning Jackie....glad to hear you are home safe and feeling OK..we were a bit worried when we saw 150 flourescent jackets jumping into the crowd but then as they carried you out we all saw you were awake and looking alright....I believe its that Pikeys fault , shaking his his hips like that and making your heartbeat fast.....he's always doing that..anyway Thanks for coming all the way from Wales and I hope you haven't been put off...take care BT & UB40

Last edited by bt/ub40 on Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

i was stunned that they took the time out to reply to me, how nice is that

got back home at 5am this morning, and i would deff do it all again, just not the fainting
will post pics later when i upload them
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2008, 04:37 PM
That was nice of them, you need to print it off and frame it.
Glad you are feeling better now.
I lived in Brentwood, and the Brentwood centre which it sounds like you were at was 10 mins walk away from where I grew up.
Take care now no more excitement for a while.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Some people will do anything just to get nearer the stage!
Sounds like you had a great time and an adventure to remember. If you are like me once the thought of fainting gets in your head it's a foregone conclusion that it will happen.
You be careful, true fans will be fainting at all their furture concerts just to get to sit on side and get personal messages from the band.
Hope your doctor sorts your leg out, once you've told him the story too.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Thank you both very much

yes it was Brentwood centre Lynn

Wishbone we were quite near the front anyway

here a few pics i took

My daughters friend and her stuffing their faces before it started

the view across the field by the toilet block

and a couple of the concert

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Great pics Jackie I remember the place before the centre was built just fields.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Wonderful J, even though there was an incident that you had to deal with. Hope you get your leg sorted hon.

x0x
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 10:49 AM
i have been doctors i have soft tissue damage to my knee and had to go for blood tests this morning as he said my blood pressure is low and as normal wait for results

the nurse said this morning if i faint again i am to go straight to A&E
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by jackiew View Post
i have been doctors i have soft tissue damage to my knee and had to go for blood tests this morning as he said my blood pressure is low and as normal wait for results

the nurse said this morning if i faint again i am to go straight to A&E
At least it's only soft tissue damage, could've been worse. Fainting is usually a sign something is not right, UB40 or not, so sounds like you have a good gp.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 06:18 PM
yeh he aint too bad Wishbone

i still feel very shaky though, as if i am a little drunk

but am gonna rest and see how it goes