Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 08:10 PM

nails splitting.

i used to be a life long nail chewer but my new yr resolution was to stop biting. thought well i quit smoking the nails should be easy,
well they get to a nice length and split. so i end up filing them and cleaning them up. im taking a suppliment to help with nails n hair. lots of vitamins. i wear rubber gloves when i wash up. i use hand cream. and i also wear a nail hardener/strenghtner.
but they still split. one nail was bad, so ive superglued it !!!!! didnt have any nail glue.
i will treat myself to a proper manicure but they are so pricey. even the girls who come to your house.
any advice on how to harden them up a bit.???
thanx in advance.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
i used to be a life long nail chewer but my new yr resolution was to stop biting. thought well i quit smoking the nails should be easy,
well they get to a nice length and split. so i end up filing them and cleaning them up. im taking a suppliment to help with nails n hair. lots of vitamins. i wear rubber gloves when i wash up. i use hand cream. and i also wear a nail hardener/strenghtner.
but they still split. one nail was bad, so ive superglued it !!!!! didnt have any nail glue.
i will treat myself to a proper manicure but they are so pricey. even the girls who come to your house.
any advice on how to harden them up a bit.???
thanx in advance.
Sounds like you're doing a lot of the right things anyway. Could be that you need a vitamin supplement.
Take a look at the following:
http://www.healthstore.uk.com/c3548/...pplements.html
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Sounds like you're doing a lot of the right things anyway. Could be that you need a vitamin supplement.
Take a look at the following:
http://www.healthstore.uk.com/c3548/...pplements.html
the hair/nail/skin stuff im taking now have loads of extra vitamins in.so dare not take any more.
it just seems that as soon as they get a nice length they split.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
the hair/nail/skin stuff im taking now have loads of extra vitamins in.so dare not take any more.
it just seems that as soon as they get a nice length they split.
Could be that it will just take time for them to strengthen then. Bear with it and see how you go
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Could be that it will just take time for them to strengthen then. Bear with it and see how you go
at the moment im detoxing, so ive broken out into spots. youthfull skin. yea right ive got zits
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2008, 09:39 PM
It will take about 3 months to see a difference in your nails from the vitamins - stick with it as it will be worth it in the meantime Sally Hanson do a great range of nail products to improve growth / strengthen (i think its called maximum growth or something like that)
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by zoby View Post
It will take about 3 months to see a difference in your nails from the vitamins - stick with it as it will be worth it in the meantime Sally Hanson do a great range of nail products to improve growth / strengthen (i think its called maximum growth or something like that)
thanks ill have a look in the local asdas, they sell stuff like that.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 07:16 PM
I used to use Sally Henson products. Funny really because i want to grow mine again but blimin bite my nails. I bought some Sally Henson nail biter varnish today. Yuck i forgot i put it on and picked a grape nut out of my tooth earlier. Won't be doing that again
I know the products work because a few years ago i shut my finger in the front door and had to have my nail drilled. It took the nurse 3 attempts I had been using the nail hardener for a couple of weeks.