Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Just enjoy him while he is a pup, before you know he will be all growed up
I can completely agree with this! My OH often jokes about favouritism when I have a snuggle with Roux or play silly games with him, but Ella's puppyhood flew by and she was my OH's first puppy so he was often tearing his hair out and I felt that I let all the fun stuff of having a pup pass me by - I'm determined to enjoy it this time round!

I'm sure your little lad is going to grow up to be a wonderful boy
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Awww thanks Em...

I know what you mean, whether it's to ask advice or have a general doggy rant, Dogsey is a top site full of top peeps!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks so much for the mention. It is just me drooling over him every time. He really is a special little fella.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 05:44 PM
I'm enjoying it:
*I'm enjoying the rash I have on my hands from the scrabbling during "leave it" training.
*I'm enjoying the digging he does in my back garden and the stones he always picks up to deliberately make me worry he's going to choke to death.
*I'm enjoying the muddy pawprints I have all over my sofa and carpet now as a result of the garden digging.
*I'm enjoying the fact that my house "displays" seem to all start waist up and that as a result my lovely little love nest will prob never be the same again.
*I'm enjoying the fact that my husband and I haven't had time to be be properly intimate over the past month, (especially bearing in mind the fact that we've only been married for 3 months ;o).
*But most of all, I'm enjoying the challenges, having something little who depends on me, the fact that for the first time in a long time I haven't felt any of my SAD symptoms, the smell of him, the warmth of him, hearing him snore and whimper in his sleep, seeing his little tongue uncurl when he's really sleepy and yawns, the softness of his puppy fur, rubbing his little, pink, portly puppy tummy and wiping away his eye googey lovingly!

I AM enjoying it ;o)
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 05:48 PM
You'll have me in tears in a min, if you carry on. Don't you just love them. I love the smell of puppy breath, but not when they have eaten poo
Elaine xx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Woody's puppy breath disappeared the day Mummy decided to treat him to a rawhide chew! ROADKILL!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 05:51 PM
I feel very humble now....thank you.

But you have such a gorgeous wee pup there, how could you fail xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Doofuz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2008, 07:00 PM
I like to help too, if I can be of use. Some of your posts so reminded me of me when I was at that stage with Wembley, and on my own with him day in and day out. You wouldn't believe he is the same dog now...so pleased I could pass on words of past experience.

Glad you can see the difference some time makes! Gorgeous photo!
Doofuz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I'm enjoying it:
*I'm enjoying the rash I have on my hands from the scrabbling during "leave it" training.
*I'm enjoying the digging he does in my back garden and the stones he always picks up to deliberately make me worry he's going to choke to death.
*I'm enjoying the muddy pawprints I have all over my sofa and carpet now as a result of the garden digging.
*I'm enjoying the fact that my house "displays" seem to all start waist up and that as a result my lovely little love nest will prob never be the same again.
*I'm enjoying the fact that my husband and I haven't had time to be be properly intimate over the past month, (especially bearing in mind the fact that we've only been married for 3 months ;o).
*But most of all, I'm enjoying the challenges, having something little who depends on me, the fact that for the first time in a long time I haven't felt any of my SAD symptoms, the smell of him, the warmth of him, hearing him snore and whimper in his sleep, seeing his little tongue uncurl when he's really sleepy and yawns, the softness of his puppy fur, rubbing his little, pink, portly puppy tummy and wiping away his eye googey lovingly!

I AM enjoying it ;o)

Same here...but Wembley is 16 weeks, so expect this to continue for a bit longer!

Congratulations on recent nuptials, H and I have been married for just over a year, and love nest is totally ruined!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Cheers for the mention, Pidge, but there was really no need.

Glad you're finding changes now in Woody for the better, you've got loads of help and support here if you need it, as you know. All you have to do is ask and someone will be along to help.

Woody's getting big!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >