Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
oh no you wouldn't there's nothing like working in a food factory for putting you off that particular food. I didn't eat crisps for about 6 months after I worked at Smiths Crisps and I haven't eaten a french fancy since....that has to be well over 20 years

I hasten to add that it wasn't that I was disgusted in how they were made, just I hated the job so much & it was so difficult that it put me off them for life (well I found it difficut - all the people who worked there found it so easy )
Ah, thank god I can still eat a French Fancy then!

Can't help but think of the weight I'd lose if I worked in a cake factory and got fed up with cakes! Nah, that would never happen!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Mmmm ginger biscuits! I tried to buy some last night but the coop had everything but ginger biscuits! I wondered if they might help my sickness.

Now i have read this i really want some.....and also gerkins, but luckily i have loads of those in the fridge!
Ginger biscuits, yes, gherkins....no! I'll let you off though, Catrin!

These food threads make me hungry!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Ah, thank god I can still eat a French Fancy then!

Can't help but think of the weight I'd lose if I worked in a cake factory and got fed up with cakes! Nah, that would never happen!
LOL that bought back memories of my Mum.
I remember there used to be a very large lady who worked in the chip shop up the road (she also said this about a large girl at a candy floss machine once). She's always say 'Poor lady, it's working in the chip shop, the oil absorbs into your skin'

Erm, no Mum, I think you'll find she's actually eating too many chippies, same as the girl with the candy floss!
Mind you Mum was from the generation that drinking lime juice would somehow melt fat away.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
I remember there used to be a very large lady who worked in the chip shop up the road (she also said this about a large girl at a candy floss machine once). She's always say 'Poor lady, it's working in the chip shop, the oil absorbs into your skin'

Erm, no Mum, I think you'll find she's actually eating too many chippies, same as the girl with the candy floss!
Mind you Mum was from the generation that drinking lime juice would somehow melt fat away.
Hehe that made me chuckle. I wonder if there is any truth behind that. I know that having vinegar with chips is good as it (ooo can't remember now), does something to the fat, helps your body break it down and pass through you quicker possibly?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post

Love it! So funny!

Ooh, now I fancy chippy chips with salt n vinegar! Aw.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3