Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

18-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
This poor dog.

I would not be surprised if the aggression shown is very much due to Jacca's being shocked with the collar, this is sickening to read.

The poor poor poor dog

Wys
x
I don't think so, seeing as the food issue was separate from the door jumping/barking issue.

Example of using e collar for food guarders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqq4zs75_wA

Adam
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Adam, have a look at the video link in this thread. This is what I'm talking about. Hope you enjoy it, I did. http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=139761

Note this is positive training.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
I don't think so, seeing as the food issue was separate from the door jumping/barking issue.

Adam

Every single behavioural problem, or training situation, you seem to advocate an E Collar. You are a poor excuse for a dog trainer, one solution for many problems does not work.
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

18-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Adam, have a look at the video link in this thread. This is what I'm talking about. Hope you enjoy it, I did. http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=139761

Note this is positive training.
Not totaly, when the lab lunges at the dobe and she/he jumps up he puts his hand out towards the dobe, its body language changes and it goes submissive, its also muzzled!
It responds to the aversivness of his hand gestuire with appeasment in an attempt to turn it off.

He also uses loads of leash jerks/corrections with the lab.

Adam
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 06:35 PM

Adam
Wasn't it you who said that the use of a higher level before on Jacca may have "set things up wrong"?

Surely nobody could be so dim as to be unable to link incompetent training and a HIGH LEVEL ELECTRIC SHOCK to further problems in that poor dog?

You admitted you'd "like to be less reliant on them". Shock collars, that is. What happened? Couldn't quite manage to train a dog without abuse?

You should jack it in becuase you are a failure as a dog trainer.
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

18-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Wasn't it you who said that the use of a higher level before on Jacca may have "set things up wrong"?

Surely nobody could be so dim as to be unable to link incompetent training and a HIGH LEVEL ELECTRIC SHOCK to further problems in that poor dog?

You admitted you'd "like to be less reliant on them". Shock collars, that is. What happened? Couldn't quite manage to train a dog without abuse?

You should jack it in becuase you are a failure as a dog trainer.
With regards to having to use the collar really low myself because he was sensitised.

2nd bold, not anymore, that was over a year ago.

3rd bold, hows your dog doing? Cured that dog aggression yet?

Btw he's still alive, would he be if I hadn't trained him?

Same question with my Jacca.

Adam
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Did you watch the link on the thread I directed you to?

He doesn't need to shock a nervous dog. That is what I call a real man---confident enough in his own ability without having to shock the dogs.

rune
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 06:54 PM
With regards to having to use the collar really low myself because he was sensitised.

Adam
Rubbish, you said yourself you should have used a more reward based method - in retrospect, that is, when it was too late and the damage was done. That dog was messed up. Alive, yes, but messed up. He was an experiment because you had barely any experience, which is why you were asking for suggestions on an internet forum while AT THE SAME TIME using an e-collar on him.

Yes, it was a year ago that you said you would like to be not so reliant on shock collars. Thank you for confirming that you no longer wish this - because you are incapable of training a dog without inflicting abuse.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Not totaly, when the lab lunges at the dobe and she/he jumps up he puts his hand out towards the dobe, its body language changes and it goes submissive, its also muzzled!
It responds to the aversivness of his hand gestuire with appeasment in an attempt to turn it off.

He also uses loads of leash jerks/corrections with the lab.

Adam

Adam, how is that not positive training? because he put his hand out to stop a dog reacting?

He did not SHOCK the dog, he hardly said a word, he did not HIT the dog - he just put his hand out to say 'enough' and he allowed that dog (the dobe was just saying go away with that attitude btw) space by keeping the other on-lead. He explained the reasons clearly. He then allowed the dobe to get on with it and walked with the other one onlead. If he did not use the lead - that is the type of dog that will cause a lot of bother in a group. IMO a couple of tugs on a lead for one to prevent a fight for the greater good of all those dogs is not exactly negative training

He also explained about the muzzle and in what way is wearing a muzzle a fact that training is not positive?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 06:57 PM

3rd bold, hows your dog doing? Cured that dog aggression yet?

Adam
Why, would you like to try sticking an electric shock collar on him and subject him to your abuse? As my dog is quite a character, perhaps you'd like to use two collars? Three? Two around his neck and one around his genitals? More?
Closed Thread
Page 51 of 206 « First < 41 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 61 101 151 > Last »