View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Exactly the same as you here! Cassie will eat slowly and carefully and taste every morsel, whereas Georgie will scoff it down - gone in 60 seconds! then he sits there waiting for his raw carrot, but he has to wait until Cassie has finished hers I put it down to him being a male!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-07-2006, 06:00 PM
Well...
Ralph tends to mug food as you are putting it down...head in bowl and snorting like a pig-he lasts about 3 minutes of dinner time and then its gone, he aso shoves his head and paws into his water bowl and only ever drinks whilst lying down!

Florrie eats a bit of hers...then goes mooching around to everyone else to see what they have, so she takes about ten minutes including mooching time.

Polly is a truly dignified old lady-she takes a long time to eat..and takes every little bit with relish.

The cats tend to eat whatever it is WHILST its coming from the pouch
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 06:22 PM
if its wet food ben will eat it as soon as its in the bowl, but dried stuff like hes got now he grazes at, just a few mouthfulls. but if he can get to the cat food thats different thats gone in a shot
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Hector takes about 5 mins to get to his bowl, 10 mins to eat then he might not eat it all.

i think he's the worst eater i have ever known!!!!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Vegas takes ages to eat and often leaves half-then eats some more later on!

Abe was the funniest though-he used to almost 'hoover' the food into his mouth and was gone very in seconds!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 08:13 AM
---BLINK---
...and the food has disappeared

Seriously I've never seen a dog polish off food as fast as Roxy, its amazing!
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2006, 08:56 PM
metz takes ages to eat her meal she takes one biscuit out her bowl and walks away from the bowl to eat it. my friends dog a lab takes all of 2 second i have never seen anything like it i think she was starved in a past life lol
Ray
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-07-2006, 10:26 PM
My belgie Abby, being my fifth dog, takes far longer than any of the others did, maybe 8 or 9 minutes, but always finishes and seems to enjoy it
She also polishes off my cup of tea if i put it down
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 10:52 PM
I have four dogs and by the time I have put the last dish down- and it doesn't take a minute - Ben, the first to get fed, will have finished his. Within a couple of minutes of putting their dishes in their feed stands I am picking them back up to wash them.

On a good note - if there is any food left in any of the dishes I know that that dog is not well. They always clear their dishes!!!
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 07:07 PM
I can understand the "not a true lab "thing as most seem to gollop there meals ,and gemmas one of them ,but she is slowing down .................by a few seconds a year
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >