Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2006, 08:58 AM
Well done,you tell em!

What on earth is the point in having poo bins if they get in that state and they can't be bothered to empty them.

Hope they listen and do something about it.
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Good on you Hevvur, this is my own personal bug bear too, the worst being people who put it in the bag and fling it in the tree! What is the point? Keep us posted on the council response please
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2006, 10:48 AM
good on you ! I hope something gets done. I called in for them to do something about the park across the road, there is a little stream and it seems alot of waste is sitting about there (i think it is wind blown and gets stuck) and there was something sharp that cut my parents pup's pad. Nothing was done about it, and you have just urged me to write my own letter!

p.s. how come your bins are different than ours! It looks like you have holes to put the rubbish in, we have heavy lids like in a bank where you can put money (or poo) in, but you can't take anything out (err, why would you want to?!) and i hate it that you have to lift it, i need two bags, one for the poo and one to put round my hand to lift the bin lid!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Jess - the litter bins have holes for the rubbish, the poo bins have a heavy lid, like you described

Roxy - would be good if you complained too!! I bet IF they reply, they will mention bank hliday, but I will just tell them if they can collect household refuse, then they should be able to empty dirty, unhygenic bins!

I agree about the carpark too, a lot of cars go so fast in there, and like you say - there are dogs and kids running about all over, and you cant see anything cos of the cars down the middle!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2006, 12:39 PM
blimey!!! thats horrid!!!

I remeber when i was at runshaw college, we were forever dodging cars on that park,,, surel;y it makes more sense to have the car park out of the actual park!!

let us know what they say...i take it preston city council you have complianed to?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by chinaowner
let us know what they say...i take it preston city council you have complianed to?
We are under a different council here!
South Ribble borough Council
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2006, 12:54 PM
good on you!! i can imagine the smell i'm so glad i wasn't there.
good idea for taking pics they have no excuse
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Good on you for complaining.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2006, 04:48 PM
We had two bins placed on the local field as requested to the councillors in our area. When we complained to the council that they weren't being emptied often enough(they finished up just like theones in your pictures) we were told that it was too expensive to empty them more often, their solution was to remove the bins!!!!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 11:46 AM
I GOT A REPLY!!!

'Dear Mrs Waite
Thank you for your e-mail regarding the bins on Worden Park. We are already aware of the problem with the bins on the park and have ordered some larger ones that we will swap with the existing ones once they arrive.

The bins are emptied by ourselves three times a week currently and once the bins have been exchange I will monitor the situation and make any necessary adjustments.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
Regards
Andrew Cowley

Litter Warden
SRBC '

So, lets see if we get bigger bins!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >