Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 10:03 PM

Sent an e-mail to the council

I sent an e-mail to our local council today, after my walk in the park.
I'm not very good at writing letters, but did my best!

'Dear Sir/Madam,
I regularly walk my dog through Worden Park, and was pleased to see the new litter and dog waste bins you have provided.

Unfortunately, I feel the council has a problem with emptying them.
On my walk today 01/05/06, I passed nearly all the bins in the park, and every single one was overflowing to the point of 'poo bags' being littered all over the floor, on top of the bins, in the normal litter bins, on the hook on the bin stand.
The smell was disgusting, and I can only be thankful it wasn't a sunny day, as the area would have been crawling with flies, and also with children playing near to the bins, because after all, it is a park.

I have attached two pictures I took with the camera on my mobile phone for you to see for yourself how full the bins were, and how unsightly they looked, and I'm sure you can imagine the smell.
I'm sure you can see on both pictures, there are bags placed on top of the bins, and also on the floor around them.

There are enough bins in the park, but I feel they are not being emptied enough.

Regards,
Mrs Waite'

franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 10:09 PM
God Hevvur that is minging!! I hope they do something about it for your sake and everyone else that goes in the park- especially the kiddies!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 10:11 PM
That was only 2 of the bins!
There are a lot of bins, at least 8, but every single one of them was like that!
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2006, 10:26 PM
It gets like that in one of the parks I go to - except 10 times worse. I've seen it piled up around the base of the bin to the height of a foot or more. We don't seem to have that problem in my local park, but mostly because nobody there clears up after their dogs
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 10:28 PM
It really annoys me.
I know the dog warden (or, she knows us, as teagan plays with her dogs, who don't even wear a collar in the park!), and she really homes in on people who don't pick up - then they get a fine.

But whats the point of making people pick up, if the service you provide to get rid of the waste isn't adequate enough.
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 10:46 PM
wonder if it was because of the bank holiday? The bins at our local park were, admittedly for the first time, overflowing too!

The worst thing I saw though was on a trip back to Scotland recently. I went out for a walk with my sister and her two dogs to the woods - there were doggy poo bags littered all over the place. There are no bins and the owners have at least picked the poo up but dumped the bags!

Euch - can't imagine what's worse
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2006, 05:11 AM
It's like that in our park - it's so naff, and only ever seems to happen when the sun comes out and park workers are busy doing other stuff like planting bulbs. It makes me very cross. I don't use our park anymore for exactly this reason
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2006, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by trikeschick
wonder if it was because of the bank holiday? The bins at our local park were, admittedly for the first time, overflowing too!

The worst thing I saw though was on a trip back to Scotland recently. I went out for a walk with my sister and her two dogs to the woods - there were doggy poo bags littered all over the place. There are no bins and the owners have at least picked the poo up but dumped the bags!

Euch - can't imagine what's worse
The bin men still collected our dustbins and our recycling yesterday, so it shouldn't stop smelly poo being collected!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2006, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
That was only 2 of the bins!
There are a lot of bins, at least 8, but every single one of them was like that!

That's bad!!
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-05-2006, 08:20 AM
Hevvur this is disgusting I shall complain as well. My bug bear with Worden Park is the fact that its overflow car park is in the middle of the park, so you have children and dogs running free whilst cars and other vehicles are driving in and out, look what happened to my poor Sox 3 years ago.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >