Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Joanne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2006, 04:44 PM

Non-doggy friends

Does anyone who have friends who dont like dogs (or animals)?

I just ask because my friend has never been bitten attacked etc by any dogs but because her mum told her to keep away from dogs when she was little she now still has an irrashional fear of them at 26.

It is soooooo annoying. She doesnt like animals in general anyway either and I am coming to the conclusion that people who dont like animals lack compassion. Or is that to general an assumption?
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Joanne
Does anyone who have friends who dont like dogs (or animals)?

I just ask because my friend has never been bitten attacked etc by any dogs but because her mum told her to keep away from dogs when she was little she now still has an irrashional fear of them at 26.

It is soooooo annoying. She doesnt like animals in general anyway either and I am coming to the conclusion that people who dont like animals lack compassion. Or is that to general an assumption?
that is a hard 1 because i am still not a fan of big dog's but i was attacked by1. i still like 2 think i have compassion. my best friend only likes cats and i think that is up to her, but some people are just nasty!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 04:52 PM
my sister hates dogs and she has made her kids scared as well she dosen't come round here ....suits me
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
my sister hates dogs and she has made her kids scared as well she dosen't come round here ....suits me
my sister has a thing about fish so i got 1 just so she wont come round! (really it's true)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 04:55 PM
That's a big no-no for me, if people don't like animals, then I don't like them, so they certainly wouldn't be friends of mine. All my friends have dogs, horses, cats, everything and lots of them, and luckily all my family are animal lovers too
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Just because you don't like them doesn't mean you would hurt them and I think to say that peeps lack compassion is a bit harsh (Although my MIL doesn't like my dogs and she lacks every emotion )
I've got non dogy friends ..I just see them with out the dogs
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2006, 05:24 PM
I don't think I'd could be close friends with anyone who didn't like dogs or animals. I just don't think we'd have much to talk about!
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by minda
I don't think I'd could be close friends with anyone who didn't like dogs or animals. I just don't think we'd have much to talk about!
wow really. all of my best friends don't have dogs. they have pets but not dog's. i love my dog alot but still have alot to talk to my friends about with out talking about mimi!
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Well, every now and again I do talk about something other than my dog , but in general I just can't see that I'd have much in common with someone who didn't like animals. I prefer to have friends I can relate to and admire and I'd see nothing to admire in someone who didn't like animals at least a little bit.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Yes-a particular friend of mine does not like dogs cause in his own words-they require too much work.Always makes me laugh when he comes round cause Vegas makes a beeline straight for him!

Its his loss at the end of the day cause loyality is one quality which is sometimes lacking in the human race,but dogs have in abundance...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >