View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Oh poor thing That's awful that you have to wait so long to see a doctor!

I hope she feels better soon, doesn't sound nice for her
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by nemosmummy
thanx everyone,,,

ive made abbie an appt for the doctor, first one available was friday morning so will have to just persavere until then, she slept for 2hrs 15 mins this morning and has whinged ever since she woke up, she certainly not herself

yes she has had cold after cold after tummy bug after cough all through the winter, its been one thing after another really so maybe her little body is just worn out

will let you all know how we get on and thankyou again for being there

Does your doctor not do emergencies? Or a sit and wait clinic?
I wouldn't be happy with waiting until friday

Give the NHS direct a ring, and tell them your doc said to wait until Friday, what do they recommend you do.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 02:09 PM
I agree with Hevvur, waiting til Friday seems a long time for all of you. NHS direct should at least be able to offer an appointment at a drop in centre when you can't get an appt with your dr. sounds like she could be run down with all her bugs so best to get it sorted sooner rather than later...before another bug hits! Hope you are ok too must be exhausted with the baby as well! Sending hugs!!!!
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 02:28 PM
thanx for the advice and hugs

yes im pretty much exhausted,, ive had abbie in my bedroom as she is really clingy at the minute and jayden doesnt sleep too well at night, he didnt settle until 4am

because abbie is still eating and drinking and is ok the majority of the time, they dont class it as an emergency they are a sham they really are, if she gets any worse i will be making an emergency appt whether they like it or not!!

i spoke to her nursery teacher about it and she said if her little body is run down she will catch every bug and virus going to best to keep her at home whilst she is unwell, atleast they understand and are not stroppy about it

not nice seeing your kids unwell
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2006, 03:05 PM
Can't understand why you have to wait so long.. I phoned this morning for Katie to see the Doctoer, she's either got mumps or god only knows, and she's been ill most of the winter too, one week on, one week off..LOL, they will see her at 5.05pm today at the end of the day, as kids take prioraty etc. Your Dr's should take into account kids cannot always tell you how unwell they are, and they come first.ggggrrrrrrrr.
parker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by nemosmummy
thanx everyone,,,

ive made abbie an appt for the doctor, first one available was friday morning so will have to just persavere until then, she slept for 2hrs 15 mins this morning and has whinged ever since she woke up, she certainly not herself

yes she has had cold after cold after tummy bug after cough all through the winter, its been one thing after another really so maybe her little body is just worn out

will let you all know how we get on and thankyou again for being there

OH boy what a worry

I can't bear doctors receptions.

I walked into my doctors with my daughter who'd been hit on the head with a hockey stick at school. She had a HUGE disgusting wobbly green egg on her forehead.

I was told that I couldn't just walk in and see a doctor but I could wait until the end of surgery. Her head ached and she was obviously distressed and the attitude of the receptionist were enough for me to leave immediately with the huff and I have to say I left the surgery soon after.

I am sure your doctor, would see Abbie sooner if s/he knew she was this unwell.

I would not have accepted that appointment, I would definately phone NHS Direct 0845 4647 24hrs, and explain the symptoms.
Play the damn reception at their own game and get an emergency appointment......I'm sure children are a priority.

Thinking of you - hoping for an answer to this sleepiness - please keep us posted

x x x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2006, 10:42 AM
any news...hows abbie doing???
troyboy
New Member!
Female 

19-05-2006, 04:33 PM
oh hope abbie is ok .. but her grandpa didnt mention she was ioll when i asked after the children today
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

19-05-2006, 04:55 PM
imo hun, take her to a&e tell her shes gone downhill quite quickly, they will prolly admit her and do tests there and then i would hope

dont want to scare you but it dont very nice for her so quickest option is prolly best
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Only just seen this - how is she doing?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >