Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisalovespets
New Member!
Female 

27-04-2007, 11:04 AM

looking 4 jackrussel

i am looking 4 a little jackrussel to home i have alot of love to give as i lost my male staffy last year due to his age he was very old,so i have a space in my life that needs filled,i would prefer a pup or a young dog/bitch.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Have you treid breed rescue? I will keep ears open for you.
lisalovespets
New Member!
Female 

27-04-2007, 11:27 AM
thanx alot. i have been trying all the local rescue places.i will look at breed rescue.thanx again
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Found this one needing a home today.

jenny is a 15 week old jrt with a tail, she was brought for a companion to an older gsd it didnt work out so she was surrendered to us.
she is a lively typical jack she has had her vaccinations and we would require any adopters to have her speyed.
she is currently living with 2 jrt and 4 borders and is a lively lovely little thing, we would require any potenial adopters to be home for best part of the day as she needs guidence and training,
please email me at lynneveasey@btinternet.com for a rehoming questionaire please ensure that you have a contact landline number so we can ring you no mobiles please,
all adopters are subject to a home check and a donation is required to help with cost's.
we would prefere our potenial adopters to live in the london and surrounding area's

She is at Enfield dog rescue and there is a picture on dog rescue pages.

more pic's to follow when she stay's still long enough
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Another one is looking in North Sheffield.

Suki is looking for a new home. She is a 2 and a half year old longer legged JRT, with a full tail!

Suki is in her current home in North Sheffield. She lives with 4 young children (aged 3-7), two other dogs, 6 cats, a parrot, snakes and at times an indoor rabbit. She is also good around horses and livestock when on walks.

Suki is virtually bombproof, but due to the owner's husband's serious ill-health is being rehomed along with several of the family's other pets to allow the owner to focus on her husband's nursing needs. Suki is much loved, has been very well trained and cared for, and really deserves that special home.

She is a little plump having been spoilt, but this is not being helped at the moment due to lack of exercise.

I have spent several hours with Suki and she is a little gem. She was recently rehomed by the family without rescue support, and sadly was returned within 24 hours. This was NOT Suki's fault, but it seems the man of the household frightened her, and she then wet every time he went near her. Suki's family felt dreadful that they had misjudged the home, and are now working with RDR to ensure the perfect situation for her.

Suki loves playing ball, squeaky toys, tuggies and walks. She does not appear bothered by loud bangs or fireworks, or the camera flash. She will only eat her main meals in her crate, and sees this very much as her special place, so a crate would be essential initially to ensure a sense of security for her. She can undo a crate though, so at night she will let herself out of the crate for a security check around the house, then settle to sleep where she chooses.

Suki has very good recall in open fields once she has a bond with you, but if she can get out of the front door she will take herself off to the field for a run, so house and garden security is essential. Lead-walking is quite good, although she does like to have a good explore and sniff, so walks can be longer than planned

Suki is ok being left for 2-4 hours, but is not used to this on a daily basis. She has a range of known commands including sit, Hi-5, go to bed etc. She is VERY gentle when taking treats.

Although Suki is used to young children, she is a bit of a lap dog and would suit a mature couple with visiting grandchildren. She just wants your love and attention, and a gentle household that will be patient if she is initially unsettled by the move.

Anyone interested in rehoming Suki will need to complete an application form; this can be done via email or telephone. Every home is assessed individually based on the needs of the dog, and a home check carried out if suitable. You would also need to be able to visit Suki in her own home in Sheffield. Suki will be spayed, vaccinated, wormed and microchipped, an adoption contract will be signed and a donation is required.

If you wish to speak to someone regarding Suki please telephone Clare on 07929 478634 / Coryn on 07919 542856 (evenings only) or use the Contact Form on the Rochdale Dog Rescue website.
kazaroo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Suki is a gorgeous looking dog-but who ever you take will give you much pleasure xxx Good Luck x
lisalovespets
New Member!
Female 

27-04-2007, 11:53 AM
thanx for the replys people thsi means alot getting help as well as me looking i would take them both its just i am in cumbria and i have no transport,it would be best if i could find one in my area thanx for the help.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 11:56 AM
You could contact animal concern cumbria and let them know what you are looking for?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2007, 10:16 PM
This one is in Preston, very near you....

This is Bailey (hopefully i've managed to attach his picture ) He's an 18month old semi rough coated JRT, he's neutered, microchipped and up to date with his vaccs, he came into rescue because his owner was having to leave him for up to 10 hours a day and she didn't feel this fair to him, he's a good little dog, good with most other dogs, good with cats, i haven't had him round kids so i don't know, but to be honest i would prefer him not to go with kids as he has a typical jack attitude he is apparantley good with horses as his last owner had them. He was a little ott when he came into rescue via the local vet, a change in diet soon changed that, his main issue is his love of cars, he will jump in anyone's he does get rather cross if you put him in a crate or a car cage, we solved that out by putting a doggie seat belt on him instead.
Anyone wanting more info can contact me on 01772 864585, he is at present Nr Preston, Lancs
I would prefer him to go in the North West but this is not essential, he would prefer an active home either plenty of walking or perhapes agility.
Home checks will be done and a donation expected

Deborah Gornall
(papillon rescue/welfare)
mad4it
New Member!
Female 

14-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi
Are you still looking for a jrt. I have one that is looking for a new home, he is 18 months old. If you are interested in more details let me know, I live in Essex.
Thanks
Gill
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >