Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
charlieG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-10-2008, 12:44 PM

when a dog goes into labour?

my dog is due to have pups about the 7th to the 13th of nvember and i was wondering how long after they stop eating and start panting more do they go into labour
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Well my bitch never stopped eating, indeed she insisted on a biscuit between puppies. It varies widely between different bitches. Really a change in temperature is the only sign I know that is always there. You could ask your dogs breeder as they often though not always follow their own mother.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Like Sue says all bitches are different ( I suppose like us ) If your worried then ask your vet I'm sure they will give you lots of advice pics as soon as they are born
charlieG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-10-2008, 01:01 PM
id love to do pics for u as soon as they r born but my hubby is away on holiday and is taking the camera with him. im hoping to get a camera from his mum to use but not sure if she has one
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by charlieG View Post
id love to do pics for u as soon as they r born but my hubby is away on holiday and is taking the camera with him. im hoping to get a camera from his mum to use but not sure if she has one
Oh I'm sure someone will lend you one. You won't be able to resist, click,click, click
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-10-2008, 03:35 PM
One of my bitches didn't eat for a week before she went into labour. Her daughter on the other hand scoffed a bif bowl of meat just before whelping her first pup
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 05:27 PM
My girl stopped eating dog food the day before she whelped but I was able to tempt her to eat a little chicken though. She was a week early, so I thought she was just being fussy. The next day though, she started the usual "labour signs" and I realised that was what the cut down on food was all about!
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 05:32 PM
my last bitch ate her evening meal she started to pant abit more around 9pm them she was passing her water sack went at 3am first pup was born at 4am and 7th pup at5.45am. she cleaned all pups then went out to look for her breakfast which is normaly at 6.30am.

all bitches are diffrent i am sure you will now when the time is right if you now your bitich then you read will read the signs and be ready... good luck hun, my girly is due around 23rd nov so hope to have little paws here as well will pup pics up for you all.
charlieG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-10-2008, 08:24 PM
how soon b4 a dog goes into labour do they start leaking milk?
charlieG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-10-2008, 07:42 PM
well things seem to be going good for memphis her temp is 100 and she is leaking milk and isnt very interested in her food. her belly is huge and rock hard and it feels like the pups have moved down a bit from her ribs. it wont be long now.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »