View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2008, 10:30 PM
we are on bt tps, but we are getting more and more, of these calls, i'v had 3 this week from the same company.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 10:39 PM
yep i get one about 3 in the afternoon. Its shown as "international number" on my phone. It basically will ask you to press 9 or whatever and that will connect you to a premium phone line.

I dont really want a "cruise " that much !!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 10:40 PM
as soon as i hear the American voice say hi there i hang up. just hope i dont get a genuine call from an american because it would be so rude LOL
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 05:32 AM
TPS are excellent but they only cover the UK which is why we are all getting more and more calls from outside UK.

Anyone intersted in joining should have a look here http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 06:29 AM
I have had a few when I pick the phone up without thinking. Normally I check the number first and only answer if I recognise the number.
If number is witheld I don't ever answer now as if its that important they can always leave me a message.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Had a few this week on fax line only which incidentally is BT. Our VM line seems ok though
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 10:19 AM
I saw this thread earlier and couldn't add to it...then the phone rang and this automated voice came on...I let it saya few words to make sure it wasn't a text message from anyone and then I hung up. Its the first one we've had here, I shall have to keep a log if it starts up big time
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-10-2008, 10:41 AM
It's an invasion of privacy isn't it bit like the e-mail spam thing - we had a lot of problems with spam a few years ago but somehow our ISP seems to have got on top of the problem now, and it's taking advantage of people (like the very old) who are easily confused.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 10:55 AM
We kept getting one saying we'd won a cruise. So one day I stayed on the line and it went through to a call centre. I used a trick my friend told me about. After the man said his opening gambit I said 'I'm sorry can you hold on for a second....' Then I just sat and waited until he rang off.

They never rang again.

I do it all the time now. The longest someone waited was 2 minutes 10 seconds. I don't do it to charity callers though.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm sure there is a number you can ring and they block all these types of phone calls. It costs to set it up I think, but not much. will try and find out for you
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >