Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 05:33 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Friday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

Bright and early this morning cos I wanted to catch the tide on the beach, and then I looked out the window to see that it was raining, but got up anyway. Very blustery old night down on the south coast, but I'm sure you had a taster of it too yesterday, and a bit of torrential rain which has stopped now to leave a bit of damp old drizzle. I wanted that rain for the new turf though, as I've had to water it every night for the past week.

Dave home tonight, he's got lots on his mind, but I told him there's no point worrying now cos there's so much of it, he'd better just laugh it all off, cos it really can't get any worse for him. It's all going over my head now cos it's getting such a joke. To top it all, he said the car he has been driving home in for the past few months had felt all wobbly at the back and he hadn't had a chance to look at it until yesterday. When he put it up on the ramp,. he found a big 4" hole type thingy on the inside rim, which had gone through the whole top surface of the tyre He said it most definitely would have blown out on the way home tonight on his 70 mile trip and he says he doesn't know what made him suddenly decide to get it up on the ramp, but thankfully, he did, cos his fully skilled top notch technician told him it was probably the drive shaft, whereas Dave said it's a tyre problem, so good job Dave knew he was right on that! Could have been interesting on the motorway

Zena's fine this morning,she's happily munching away on her Markies, so I know she's not feeling sick, don't know what was going on with her yesterday, but she was soon over it.

Lynn, I'm sure you'll be having a little lie in this morning after we wore you out with our EA talk yesterday, and let's hope your lot can now get their a*ses into gear and get you some buyers.

Hope everyone is well today along with the doglets, and I'm off to get dressed and out before it chucks it down again. Enjoy your Friday
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-05-2013, 05:39 AM

Waiting for the surgery to open as I think Pereg needs an increase in her meds so I have to discuss it with Ram.

I am sorry I must have missed so much yesterday but life has gone kerplunkt at the moment so please forgive me.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 05:53 AM
Morning Malka, I do hope she's a lot, lot better today and that you managed to get a good catch up on your sleep. I'm sure he can organise something to help you through this latest episode, it must be very hard to cope I also hope you are still in one piece there too.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2013, 06:10 AM
Morning Helena, morning everyone.

I am glad I am not reading about windows blowing in this morning Helena and glad to hear Zena is herself this morning.
Poor Dave more problems I take it it with this numpty still that's bad enough so I hope it isn't anything different.
What a good job he put the car on the ramp and checked his tyre before driving home tonight. I reckon your dear old mum had a hand in this.

Malka life does tend to go kerplunk sometimes doesn't it. We all understand and I hope you and Pereg got a better night but I am suspecting not if you say you are waiting for the surgery to open to discuss an increase in her meds.

Breezy out and damp we have had some rain overnight again but doesn't seem to be raining at the moment. Lets hope it stays that way.

Woke up feeling pretty down again this morning it feels like walking through never ending sticky mud at the moment.
Feel a little better now as Gorden has just told me his consultancy money for a job last month has gone in overnight and a cheque has cleared for another job he did recently.
Lets hope the jobs keep coming or better still an interview or 3 would be good and at least one full time permanent position. Don't want to be greedy.
I may pop out today to get a cheap hair colour gosh it needs something doing to it and I need some picnic food we are off to the Bernese garden party on Sunday I have saved the petrol money and we would be eating anyway whether out or in and it is always nice to pop along and of course Dillon's brother one of them may be there. It will be nice to compare them.

I forgot to tell you all one of Dillon's brothers has been re-homed the one who went to Scotland. The couple split and the husband moved into a flat so couldn't take him but the wife could of done but he wouldn't let her have him out of spite. The dog was registered in his name. Such a shame for the poor dog to go to strangers.

Better go and do Gorden's breakfast and lunch and feed the dog.
Have a happy and safe Friday.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 06:32 AM
Morning H, Malka, Lynn and all who follow.
Even more busy day here than normal. Have to do mums shopping and housework this morning, then off to the new house to do some measuring. I will try and get some photos of it too.
Then I have to be home by 12.30 to try and whiz Lily round the block before my friend, who's old lady I had been doing while she was on holiday, comes round to show me how to make one of her gorgeous banoffee pies, then its off to work till tonight. I boiled the tins of condensed milk last night for 3 hrs so they are ready for today. By the time I had got in from work and got them on though it was midnight before they were ready.
I did come home from work last night though to a nice dinner waiting on the table of stuffed peppers couscous and spicy wedges, followed by the most delicious chocolate icecream cooked by Ash. I am going to miss his meals when he goes very early Monday morning, itwill be back to my boring ones.

H I hope Dave can let things go over his head too and that you can both switch off and relax this wekend.

Malka I hope between you and Ram you can get Pereg back on an even keel and stop these seizures.

Lynn, poor dillons brother, so sad he couldn't have stayed with someone he knew.
Hope you get some positive news today too.

Take care all and have a good day.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-05-2013, 06:43 AM
Just spoken with Ram and agreed to increase Pereg's Pb. It is going to be a bit difficult as Phenobarbitone here comes in 15mg and 100mg tabs, and Pereg has 50mg TID - 7am, 3pm and 11pm and it is fairly easy to cut the tiny tablets into half.

My thoughts were for her to have an extra 15mg each dose but Ram says it will take a week or so to order them in, and because Pereg has started violent seizures again , he wants her to have 75mg 7am and 11pm keeping to the 50mg at 3pm.

In the meantime he is going to order in some 15mg tabs so I can [I forget my English] - fiddle around [?] with her dosage to get the best for her.

So we will see what happens now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 07:03 AM
Good Morning everyone, OMW It seems all problems for everyone. H I am so sorry Dave has just got more problems but as Lynn said Mum must have protected him from having a nasty accident with his vehicle. Lynn I do hope you get some good news soon. Glad there's some money coming in. It is such a worry.

Malka, so sorry Pereg is going to need more medication to help her over this phase. It must be very distressing to see her like it.

Bev, You never seem to stop. I hope you get a bit more rest now your friend is back.

I have a small walk in plastic covered greenhouse. The cover on that went last night in the wind, just the roof fortunately so I don't think my tomatoes and geraniums got too wind blown. I have had to strip the plastic right off it. Fortunately I have a spare new plastic cover for it. I have relocated the geraniums and other sensitive plants to a glass fronted shed I have further round the back garden, that will hold them until the better weather. The tomato plants are a problem as I had just strung them up. I have had to move them to under cover of the gazebo and covered them in fleece for now. That will have to do until I can get the new cover on which I think will have to wait until we get some warm sunshine to make it more pliable. My son Steve who lives with me is currently suffering with his back terribly and needs an osteopath. I have given him a couple of my tramadol to help with the pain. But until he sorts his back I don't think I can manage that new cover on my own, not tall enough for one thing and I suspect it is going to be a two man job.

Well I hope some of your problems will dissolve very shortly and I will keep my fingers crossed and pray that they do. Try and have a good day all, God bless.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 07:06 AM
Malka glad Ram is going to sort something out for Pereg. I suppose it is a bit hit and miss to know exactly how much she needs.

Lyn, I also meant to say sorry to hear about Dillon's brother, that is a mean thing to do not to let him go with the partner he knows and no doubt loves.

Try and have a good day everyone.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 07:07 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Helena - I hope you managed to get down to the beach and beat the tide. Thank goodness that car Dave's been driving went up on the ramp It'll be lovely for you to have Dave home tonight and I bet he'll love the new carpet
How awful that Dillon's brother had to be rehomed all because the man was such a spiteful person - he clearly is no animal lover.

Malka - I hope Pereg does better on the increased meds.

Bev - I hope your day runs smoothly and you get time to make the Banoffee pie which I have to admit is one of my favourite puds.

See you all later I hope your day runs smoothly.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 07:30 AM
Morning all,

Been a stressful time for me, mum made a bid for freedom the night before last, only found out last night when Dad told me. She went home, told Dad the hospital had let her go home. Twit that he is believed her. I gave him a right old row. The police lifted her and took her back to the hospital.

So didn't sleep last night, not helped by OH who had been out and came to bed only to grind his teeth, snore, try to cuddle in to me when I was already too hot. So once Davie is off to school I am borrowing his bed and sleeping there for a while. In the meantime everything is annoying me cause I'm so tired.

I have a cadet weekend so I'm hoping it will distract me from the stress of my parents.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »