View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2013, 07:06 AM

Morning all. Dogsey daily thread (Friday).

Again another dry day lovely.A bit dark though to see if it will be a bright day or a dull day.
I don't think I mind if it is dull as long it is dry.
I do believe I heard we are in for some nice temperatures for the next few days so here's hoping.

Well so far another fairly calm quiet day from Dillon he did have a bit of a bark and moan as I had a lie-in but he wasn't too bad. He is currently waiting quietly for his breakfast.

Not much on the cards here today the usual walks and housework and washing and I must pop out for milk and bread and some other bits.

Are you having chips for breakfast today Malka I have some malt vinegar if you can catch it if I throw it to you.

For all those feeling poorly wishing you well soon.

Off to do the big boys breakfast catch up later.

Have a nice day everyone and take care out there.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Morning Lynn and all who follow, been very busy the last few days... but today/tomorrow (Friday) we shall be skiing!! YAY!! Girls will go to daycare and play with their friends and we shall wrap up warm and hit the slopes

Right, off to bed, hope any doglets or peeps who are poorly start to feel better soon.

Happy Friday xx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Morning Lynn and all

Glad to hear Dillon is calmer today! Hang in there. It would be lovely to have a few mild dry days for a change. We have a Lavant that runs every so often, it's up now so had to drive down a river to reach my dr's yesterday, I began to regret it but it turned out ok.

I wonder if my cousin ever arrived at his care home, I am planning on popping in later on my way to work to make sure he is ok, I am tempted to contact the hospital, they need to seriously look at their procedures, he could have been home by lunchtime but for one signature, they couldn't seem to pass on information either.

I hope everyone has a lovely day today.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
Morning Lynn and all who follow, been very busy the last few days... but today/tomorrow (Friday) we shall be skiing!! YAY!! Girls will go to daycare and play with their friends and we shall wrap up warm and hit the slopes

Right, off to bed, hope any doglets or peeps who are poorly start to feel better soon.

Happy Friday xx
Longing for snow here! I know I would be cut off but that is fine and well stocked. It would be utterly and totally glorious up here in snow.

Still exhausted but there it is. The mind is young but the body is otherwise...

My good friend the landlord came late afternoon.. Brought me two wholemeal loaves and a newspaper. bless him.

He came to break the fence between the land here and his field so I can put black plastic down for the new garden and he will add fencing and a gate later Promised to cut wood for me as well, bless him..Later is limited as in spring he will need to put his sheep in there..As he was working with barbed wire, there is now a neat string of it atop the gate. Need to be able to let the dogs run without risking invaders.. and this morning I can take the dogs a run in the field... great! They will love that

Sorting the two sacks of buttons that arrived this week in the gifts from the old wool shop... A lot of triangular and square ones that are so pretty. And working mohair by day and baby things in the evening as the variety helps the hands.

Mild and still and often damp and very dull and dark and drab.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Morning Lynn, Debbie, Gerry, Rosebud and everyone

I swear it's getting darker instead of lighter in the mornings and I don't like it. Only got up cos Zena was kissing me to death to let her out and Dave had shut his door.

Glad Dillon was a good boy this morning for you Lynn, enjoy the ski-ing tonight Debbie and I'm sure the furkids are going to enjoy their daycare. Good luck with your cousin Gerry, I saw what a nightmare it was for you and him yesterday, so let's hope he's in the care home this morning. Glad to hear the dogs get a new field up there Rosebud, they will love that!

When it gets light, we'll be off down the beach again, the tide is out as far as it will go and I might remember to take the camera and make you all jealous

I can't quite believe how happy and healthy Zena is atm, she's bouncing around like a 2 year old again, never slopes off into her bed looking miserable, she's eating breakfast every time, and instead of ringing my vet like I'm supposed to to update him, I think I'm going to put it all down in writing so that he could read it at his leisure as I want to add a few bits of history to it and mention that hiatas hernia I've been Googling about, just to see what he thinks.

We've got a visitor tonight from 7pm, I hope Zena will let him in with copious amounts of cheese and her squeaky ball, cos I don't think we've ever had a visitor arrive in the dark, but I shall be on top of her, otherwise she'll get shut in the bedroom until she calms down.

Anyway, that's it for me today, hope everyone is ok today along with the doglets, we certainly are, I can even walk this morning, haven't injured myself for ages now have I!!! Enjoy your Friday.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2013, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post

Happy Friday xx
Morning or is goodnight DD.
Enjoy the skiing and I bet the girls will love their play day.

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Lynn and all

Glad to hear Dillon is calmer today! Hang in there. It would be lovely to have a few mild dry days for a change. We have a Lavant that runs every so often, it's up now so had to drive down a river to reach my dr's yesterday, I began to regret it but it turned out ok.

I wonder if my cousin ever arrived at his care home, I am planning on popping in later on my way to work to make sure he is ok, I am tempted to contact the hospital, they need to seriously look at their procedures, he could have been home by lunchtime but for one signature, they couldn't seem to pass on information either.

I hope everyone has a lovely day today.
Morning Gerri. Glad to hear all turned out well yesterday with your adventure to the Docs.
I hope your cousin has arrived safely at the home. We had this with mum the transition can be a bit of a nightmare.
Spoke to soon about Dillon we have decided we are going to have a barky morning.
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Longing for snow here! I know I would be cut off but that is fine and well stocked. It would be utterly and totally glorious up here in snow.

Still exhausted but there it is. The mind is young but the body is otherwise...

My good friend the landlord came late afternoon.. Brought me two wholemeal loaves and a newspaper. bless him.

He came to break the fence between the land here and his field so I can put black plastic down for the new garden and he will add fencing and a gate later Promised to cut wood for me as well, bless him..Later is limited as in spring he will need to put his sheep in there..As he was working with barbed wire, there is now a neat string of it atop the gate. Need to be able to let the dogs run without risking invaders.. and this morning I can take the dogs a run in the field... great! They will love that

Sorting the two sacks of buttons that arrived this week in the gifts from the old wool shop... A lot of triangular and square ones that are so pretty. And working mohair by day and baby things in the evening as the variety helps the hands.

Mild and still and often damp and very dull and dark and drab.
Morning Rose. It sounds like you have a caring landlord.
It also sounds like you are still recovering from the other day and your trip out. Hopefully today you can rest.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 08:00 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I swear it's getting darker instead of lighter in the mornings and I don't like it. Only got up cos Zena was kissing me to death to let her out and Dave had shut his door.
Your right H, it is. I have been keeping a rough record of daylight hours over the past 7 years and each year it appears the shortest day is much later and not on Dec 21st as it originally used to be. Last year it continued getting darker in the mornings until early February, when the morning finally started to pull out.
The days are darker for longer overall anyway as 6 years ago at 7am even in the darkest months it was getting light enough to see down the field. Now its 7.30am before the same hint of light appears.

Anyway this morning I am off to do mums shopping and then take it to her and do her housework, before returning to walk Lily and then get off to work.

I took kyiro for a little walk again this morning for about 5 mins. He is so happy to get out, but although his foot looks better he is still unfortunatly very sore on it and it hurts him when I put his sock or boot on and off. If its still painful for him at the end of this course of antibiotics then the amputation will have to go ahead unfortunatly.

Hope you all have a good day whatever you are doing.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-01-2013, 08:15 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all

Just spoken to Effie about when I will get my computer back, only of course it will not be my computer will it, but a new one that he is building for me but which he will download and install all my own programs and "stuff" in. He has apparently got all the whatevers he had to order and will be working on it today. Once done he will bring it round and transfer everything from my external hard drive onto it.

I managed to find, download and install all important stuff onto this loan computer but there is still a lot missing and I will be so happy to get it all back again!

Pereg got me up once in the night but she was out and back in very quickly so I was still mostly asleep, and we both zonked off again until her meds time. It is lovely and sunny outside so she is currently basking in the sunshine.

I just have the usual few things to get done for Shabbat but as it now gets darker later Shabbat is not in until 4.28pm today so more than enough time.

Hope all is well with all two and four-legged ones. xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Morning everyone

You're right Helen - it is still darkish now. Horrible, isn't it? I think there is a lot of dark clouds, which isn't helping. I hope you remember your camera.

I'm off with Loki in a few minutes. I don't think he had any fits last night so hopefully that's it this time.

Take care everyone.
x
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Good Morning Lynn and all who follow her,

I hope you all fit and well and for those who aren't, get better soon.

This is going to have to be a quick post as Rucksack has an upset tummy. I went out in the garden with them both and all their business was done as normal. Back in to give them their breakfast and Rucksack cries to go out again Poor lad! Had I known what was in store he wouldn't have had any breakfast

He is a dreadful scavenger so no doubt it is something he ate while out yesterday. Too many people leave food out for the **** foxes which isn't needed as they seem to munch their way through local wildlife and recently a number of small pets.

I'll drop in later but I hope you all have a good day.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »