View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 09:33 AM

Tilly, Lily, the worm and the love that never was!

as some of you may know, lily is in season for the first time and has been under house arrest for the last week except for inhouse visits to a friends. gerri and i arranged to meet up in a park that isn't popular with dogs as it's quite small and there is a much nicer place 2 minutes down the road.

so tilly and lily had a lovely time destroying tilly's ball (which reappeared later in the day ) chasing each other, and generally being a couple of terriers at play!

we had walked for probably an hour round the park and had stopped and were chatting after meeting the most adorable rescued greyhound (also brought to this park for a quiet walk to rest her broken toe ) anyway, lily and tilly started to do some synchronised rolling which was highly amusing until we realised what they were rolling in! it was a worm! lily picked it up and ran off with the worm dangling between her teeth and then proceeded to roll in it some more! tilly joined her again and on closer inspection the worm seemed to have been turned inside out!!

i've got a sneaking suspicion though, that the 'worm' may have actually been the left over insides of some poor creature that a fox maybe had eaten!

tilly and lily had no concerns over this though and rolled whatever it was into their coats and collars with total pleasure!!

gerri's OH brought his gorgeous old lab cossy down when he came to pick her and tilly up and love blossomed betweeen him and lily instantly!! tilly was unamused by the whole thing and the looks she was giving lily were quite clearly saying 'get a grip woman!!'

sadly this could never be a match made in heaven due to the size difference and like a scene from romeo and juliet, we separated the would be lovers and drove off in different directions.

i think lily had a little cry on the way home over the mysterious dark stranger with the wet nose, who stole her heart and then was whisked away in his sports car while she suffered the indignity of travelling home in a cat basket on the back seat of my car.

unrequited love, isn't it the worst!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Aawww better to have loved and lost .... as they say

at the "worm"
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Lol. How funny was that. Me and Holly had a whole scenario going this morning. Holly reckoned that when their eyes met, 'love is all around' was playing in the back ground. They then ran in slow motion down a beach to meet while fire works exploded all around!! Ok, so we do have a vivid imagination. Poor old cossy though. I think if he had died in his sleep last night, it would have been with a smile on his face.
Hope Lily is recovering from her worm attack belly! Lets hope the cricket groundsman dosnt bill us for the eaten fence!!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 11:52 AM
oh what a horrid story, full of yuckiness and heartbreak.
Some fun was had but the unrequited love might have a sequel perhaps???????
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
Im sure there will be. They'll be breaking out in the middle of the nighr for illicit meetings on the cricket pitch!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 12:51 PM
that story made me smile
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Im sure there will be. They'll be breaking out in the middle of the nighr for illicit meetings on the cricket pitch!!
Ohhhhhh then it will be the secret love meetings bless them for falling in love
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 01:13 PM
aw, what a lovely... if somewhat disgusting, story made me smile lol, but poor lily... and poor 'worm'...
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Aawww better to have loved and lost .... as they say

at the "worm"
i'll keep telling lily that!

Lol. How funny was that. Me and Holly had a whole scenario going this morning. Holly reckoned that when their eyes met, 'love is all around' was playing in the back ground. They then ran in slow motion down a beach to meet while fire works exploded all around!! Ok, so we do have a vivid imagination. Poor old cossy though. I think if he had died in his sleep last night, it would have been with a smile on his face.
Hope Lily is recovering from her worm attack belly! Lets hope the cricket groundsman dosnt bill us for the eaten fence!!
oh that made me laugh!! cossy was so funny bless him! i think there was nothing else on his mind but that naughty little terrier!! lily is fine today, hope tilly is too. that will teach them for being revolting little beasts!!

oops! i'd forgotten about the fence!! hope we weren't caught on CCTV!!

Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
a sequel maybe, but lily is going to be fitted with a chastity belt before that can happen!!!

oh don't!! this young lady is grounded after that display of trollopness until she can behave!!!

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
that story made me smile
i must admit that i haven't laughed so much for a while!! there is nothing like a dog to make the world a better place!!

Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
aw, what a lovely... if somewhat disgusting, story made me smile lol, but poor lily... and poor 'worm'...
yep, it was a strange combination of laughing and retching going on there for me and gerri!! i'm sure we'll let cossy and lily meet again but when the light of love has completely gone from her eyes though!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Aw sounds like a good time was had by all

Although I don't envy you the bathing of said dog after rolling in something gross.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >