Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-02-2011, 09:51 PM

Procollar for dogs

Anyone used one? Rocky hates his buster collar and I thought as it's been a while now and he's healed up nicely I'd take it off - but he made it bleed again

So am considering getting him one of the procollars:

http://www.procollars.co.uk/

Are they comfy if the dog wants to sleep? Anyone used one before?
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Haven't seen these but when Cherry had her cataract operation last year she was given a blue fabric (sort of velvety feel) collar from the vets that I thought was much better than the "buster" plastic ones as she was a pain in the bum with those as she bumped into things and knocked your legs with the plastic one but the fabric one was fine.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Haven't seen these but when Cherry had her cataract operation last year she was given a blue fabric (sort of velvety feel) collar from the vets that I thought was much better than the "buster" plastic ones as she was a pain in the bum with those as she bumped into things and knocked your legs with the plastic one but the fabric one was fine.
What did it look like? Do you have any pics of it?

Rocky's got a different type too - it looks like a neck brace, he was given that when he had his knee op as they didn't have his size in a buster collar. He hates it tho, and rolls and rolls and rolls trying to get it off

Edit: Do you mean like this one?

http://www.amazinghealth.co.uk/comfy-collar.htm
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
What did it look like? Do you have any pics of it?

Rocky's got a different type too - it looks like a neck brace, he was given that when he had his knee op as they didn't have his size in a buster collar. He hates it tho, and rolls and rolls and rolls trying to get it off
Well I haven't a picture but it looks like the plastic collars apart from it is floppier as it is made of fabric. It is edged with white tape stiched on around the edges. It must have been more comfortable for her when lying down etc.

I have 2 so could send you one but obviously it wouldn't be any good as a Boxer is a lot bigger than a Kerry!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Well I haven't a picture but it looks like the plastic collars apart from it is floppier as it is made of fabric. It is edged with white tape stiched on around the edges. It must have been more comfortable for her when lying down etc.

I have 2 so could send you one but obviously it wouldn't be any good as a Boxer is a lot bigger than a Kerry!
I edited my post above - was it one of those?

He's actually bigger than a Boxer (he's a Presa) - but thanks for offering to send us one
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2011, 10:12 PM
I edited my post above - was it one of those?

He's actually bigger than a Boxer (he's a Presa) - but thanks for offering to send us one
Yes-quite similar to that one.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Anyone used one? Rocky hates his buster collar and I thought as it's been a while now and he's healed up nicely I'd take it off - but he made it bleed again

So am considering getting him one of the procollars:

http://www.procollars.co.uk/

Are they comfy if the dog wants to sleep? Anyone used one before?
I got one similar for Star thinking it would be easier for her to sleep with it on but she could not get comfy She ended up with the buster collar back on. The one I have is the large size 17 - 22 inch collar. If it is any use to you I can send it on to you.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2011, 10:22 PM
I got one similar for Amber after her spay (kitten) as she was like houdini with the buster collar. She could still twist round to get at her stitches! We couldnt believe it. We had to resort back to Buster collar.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-02-2011, 10:46 PM
I like this one , I saw one like it in the pet shop, it is smaller and less floppy than the one above.It also has good customer reviews.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Health-Care-...6079462&sr=8-7

I think the tyre shaped ones look to hot and bulky ...
Azz
Administrator
Male 

11-02-2011, 02:27 AM
Ca - are you sure you won't need it? Did Star manage to get out of it? Chances are if she couldn't get confy with it Rocky wouldn't be able to either : /

VelvetBoxers - Rocky's a bit like that! Like you said the buster collar seems to do the trick - I just feel sorry for him in it.

Mini - they do look good, might ask my vet if they have any (or the local pet shop).
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >