View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Eileen, any further news on Duncan? I did send off my donation yesterday morning, so hope it helps.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-11-2014, 10:16 AM
Morning all - What cut of meat do you use in the pasties Nippy and do you pre-cook it. Was reading a recipe,while back, that said to use diced topside and put it in raw. Just can't see how it would be cooked enough by the time the veggies and pastry are ready. Hope all progresses nicely for everyone today and that four and two legged members are all well and happy. See you later as it's a beautiful day here, bright sunshine, can't figure it out must be some sort of mix up, so outdoor tasks await. Bye fer now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Cold here too, sun is out though. Got the bone run today, I never bothered going for lpg and milk yesterday, so setting off a bit earlier as I have to collect pet mince from my butcher because a friend of mine wants some, so will drop that off when I'm on my travels. By the time I got the fire going yesterday, it was so nice and toasty I didn't want to move, so I didn't I'll have a pasty for when I get back Nippy, don't care where they're crimped to be honest. Have a nice time at the tip, Sue, and hope the mattress arrives on time for you, you've got that house sorted so quickly, thought you were leaving some jobs till after Christmas, you're going to be bored in the New Year. Back later when I've done my phone calls etc and been on the bone run, car lpg, etc etc
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Talk about little jobs worth men. Took my big car and long trailer to the council tip, only one other car right down the other end of a very large area. So I pulled up alongside an area for bulky waste , ie double mattress. This little Hitler comes up saying " You can't park her, can't you see the double yellow lines and no parking on the ground, you should park in the bay"

No signs saying that to start with and how long does it take to unlash a mattress for a trailer? if the dump had loads of cars trying to get rid of rubbish then yes ok he would be right in saying that, but honestly 1 car in one bay 100 yds away? I ask you.

Then had to pullover to another bay to get rid of some leafs
,Felt like tipping 14 very large bags all over it and let them push them to the back.

Still hopefully that will be the last visit to Eastbourne Council tip.

They have some weird rules here in bexhill, no trailers bigger than 4x4 and Eastbourne 8x4 trailers on tues/wed/thursday only

No wonder there is so much fly tipping is done around the country, councils don't encourage one to do the proper thing and take rubbish to the council tip
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2014, 10:39 AM
That is oh so true, one of the things I think is pretty awful is that there'll be 3 or 4 large blokes leaning on a brush watching me struggle taking things to the designated skip, I asked if someone could help me once when I was struggling with a christmas tree taller than me with a mind of its own, but they couldn't because they may hurt themselves. I do feel like dumping things on the nearest bit of waste ground like often happens round here, but I won't
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Tw
same everwhere, they think they only have to watch not help, to be honest councils could do away with all but one to drive machinery where necessary.
I think there must me some special national school to teach them how to lean on brooms and how to use them. The effort put into their jobs can only be attracting those that are unemployable elsewhere.

At Cannock Staffs dump the big bosses were there once I was there on time and motion check I guess. See how smart they looked and virtually running up to people offering to help. Not a spot of loose rubbish anywhere and large skips had the rubbish compressed down ,normally one had to throw rubbish on the top and hope in landed so it didn't fall off
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Not so long ago it would have been unthinkable for anyone to do that, its appallingly bad manners for a start
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2014, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Eileen, any further news on Duncan? I did send off my donation yesterday morning, so hope it helps.
Very kind Moyra No news but Jackie did say he'd be taking up a lot of her time,lucky boy.Sure she'll let us know Sounds really stupid but my Christmas decorations are in the shed( Duncan's bedroom) and I did go to open the door this morning to start sorting out,but I got a bit teary and decided to leave it till tomorrow.I do miss him and I know he's fine,so will just have to stop this nonsense immediately!!
Will get back to it tomorrow when I'm feeling less flaky
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Awww Lacey, you are bound to miss the big lad.... you had a very good bond, he chose you to trust and that is very very special
Got a shock this morning, got up and my dad is here...should be at work but rang and got the day off. I went out to the bin and couldn't bolt the back gate which i have to be able to do with having the dogs, came in and told him and he was upstairs... i thought getting ready to sort the gate out...errrr no he has gone out, guess it will be me again then, i have never met anyone so lazy!
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-11-2014, 11:53 AM
As its nearly 12 il say afternoon to u all .from how u all talk I take it u all know each other really well .i kinda feel like I an interloper .or the one at a party no one knows .
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »