Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Oh well done Leah The next J K Rowlings me thinks

Did a nice bit of top-up shopping this morning and then the car took us to that pub that does the nice carvery Very enjoyable.

The wind is so strong now that at times it almost feels like the bungalow is shaking and so noisy
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Eileen - many congratulations to Leah! Well done that girl!
Thanks MALKA,it's not hard to know where she gets her brains
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 05:54 PM
I've just been out to Waitrose (as its the nearest store to us) to stock up on a few things which means I can stay put tomorrow other than getting the doglets out.

Lacey congratulations to Leah on her superb essay You are so proud of her and quite rightly Isn't it wonderful when our children attain great things She must take after you of course!!
Nippy what a very clever car you have I suppose that is one of the downsides of living on a hill ... the wind
Helena Looking at the MetOffice website for Hastings it looks like you are only getting light rain up until midday tomorrow Yet the maps look as though you are in for a real soaking

Take care all and see you later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 06:03 PM
I'm just watching Evenstar (on Bev's live web cam link) eating her tea and her poor foal is being given a really hard time by her. Poor wee foal just went over to feed from her Mum and got booted over the other side of the stable . A hard lesson to learn .... keep away from Mum when she's having her tea.

****** panic over ... one of the stable hands is now in the stable with them to keep the foal occupied while Mum feeds *******
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Well done to Leah.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Hi all

Jenny, it's not the rain that worries me, it's the strong winds, and I'm just watching our local which tells us gusts of up to 80mph again overnight If it gets bad, I shall escape out the back, to the safety of Dave's bedroom.

Jen, that does sound bad, I'm dreading it reaching us, but I'll probably be dead to the world by the time it gets here. Hope it calms down for you before bedtime Jen.

Eileen, well done to your wonderful daughter, you must be brimming over

Malka, I dunno, could be anyone's guess, are you gonna watch it all night???

Hi Sally for when you pop in tonight Hope you've escaped any major Jimmi traumas today, or crumb overload in that kitchen tonight. I've spent the day cleaning up, which of course, will all go to pot Thursday morning when Dave starts all over again whilst I mumble *why do I bother* in the background. I shall try to keep my mouth shut because we're off out Thursday night and I don't want an atmosphere across the table. I've now got a gumboil thingie come up under my bottom plate, and I keep slapping Bonjella on it but of course, it just slips straight off and numbs my cheek or tongue How can I eat my fillet steak with that Tcht No, I won't prod it with a sharp implement....yet!

Off to ring Dave now, behave yourselves tonight cos I might not be back, might play with Zena and collapse in my chair cos I feel a bit tired tonight, that's cos I've done nuffink though
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Helena - as I am eight hours ahead of them it will still be daytime there when I go to bed, but I will no doubt be watching as soon as I surface!

The outside cams do not seem to be working - I get the message "Server cannot connect to Camera/Live source"
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Evening all, and thank you H old bean for your usual welcome for me - I do appreciate it you know. The crumb overload will be delayed tonight as HL is out at a meeting, but no doubt when he returns he will rectify the clean kitchen situation I hope that that boil subsides for you - not just because of the pain factor but you really don't want to be sporting that sort of thing when out for a lovely meal with Dave. Gargle and swoosh with lots of salt water.

Eileen, you must be soooo proud. Well done to her, and I hope that the school encourages her in her writing because it is so important.

Jenny, you are developing a fatalistic approach to all the flooding, but I know what a worry it must be and it is so frustrating to know that there is sod all that you can do.

Nippy, we have a car with characteristics similar to yours Not only can it not pass certain watering holes, it also takes us to a certain furniture shop where we have spent an absolute fortune in the past - we have never ventured in there without buying something!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Anyone else watched Dog Rescuers, those Ridgebacks were in an horrendous state, cannot believe that they got into that state, and what a transformation within 6 weeks.
Made me cry the poor poor things.
Well done to Leah, Eileen, it is Proud Mum moment, and of course she will have inherited her literary talents off you
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
I just got a phone call from Leah's English teacher She wanted to explain about a conversation she'd had with Leah today regarding a story she'd written Thought it was absolutely amazing,so good she looked parts of it up online to check if it was copied Wanted to make sure I didn't take offence....OMG...of course not I'm so proud of her Can't wait to read it now,when she gets it back Needless to say she's just been hugged to within an inch of her life
Well done Leah xx
Page 5 of 20 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »