Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 07:25 AM

Dogsey Daily Thread - Tuesday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Was lying in bed thinking it hasn't rained for 24 hours, so it might be a bit more stable underfoot for my walk this morning, and then down it came Zena will wear her overalls again this morning then. Thursday's looking good though, at least until the evening, once we've got through tomorrow's storm with 70 mph winds I'm just watching the forecast now can yer tell

Off out soon, hopefully we'll meet up with Winnie again and we can walk together, and although she's slow and old and done her knee in, the lady who owns Winnie, at least Zena gets to play a bit, she might even have a run around. Since Zena was a puppy, I have never known her to run around with any dogs apart from other shepherds (the gang in the woods) which I find quite strange really.

I might go down the town this morning and order the bedroom curtains from my neighbour's shop, but that's about it for me today, nothing actually planned.

Hope everyone is fine this morning along with the doglets, can't remember a thing, so no point in mentioning anyone until I remember it all later.

Enjoy your day everyone
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 07:29 AM
Morning all

Don't blame you for putting on Zena's trousers. Bit muddy out there I'd imagine.

It seems to be dry here for the moment. I'm off to work today then off to Dornoch tonight to do weapon handling tests for the Dornoch Detachment and have a chat about pipes and drums. See who would be interested. Hopefully we can get a few to come along, but it may involve parents taking cadets down cause Dornoch is about 15/20 miles away from Alness.

Anyway, best get up and dressed, see you all later.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 07:35 AM
Morning

Oh I'm sick of this weather. We've avoided the fields for a while and stuck to paths but it's not the same.

I keep teasing Michael about going into curtain shops. He's got a good sense of humour though because as we passed Dunelm yesterday, he was laughing and saying "no, no, no Dunelm Mill". I found a Dunelm thing on You Tube and put it on for him instead of his rally cars. He did laugh though.

I've done breakfasts and now to do some quick ironing and packed lunches. Then I can take Loki out. I might give the chair covers a wash because they smell suspiciously of Loki.

Have a good day everyone.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 07:39 AM
Morning H and all

I am glued to some foaling cams I follow. One of the mares is in early labour and could give birth any time. Just hope she does it in the next hour before I go to work.

Lyla is flying round the house at top speed and her cat flap is being fitted this afternoon.

Lovely bright morning here but that wind looks scary thats heading our way.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 07:41 AM
Morning Lorraine, what is this word *dry*??? Hope you can use your persuasive powers on those cadets tonight, and hope you're feeling well again yourself.

Morning Linda, LOL at Michael and your curtain fetish Did you ever get any that weren't damaged and that you liked, and did you get the red blind? Otherwise, there's nothing else for it Linda but to pop into you know where

Morning Bev, yes, I don't like the wind that's coming either, I worry for my bedroom window. Hope the mare foals soon, but they usually do it in the night don't they?

Must get moving now, so that I miss that school run!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2014, 07:53 AM
Morning Helena. Enjoy your walk.
We had a lovely dry day yesterday too but I heard it raining at about 5 this morning. So wet again outside.
Sun is shining now hope it continues.
Morning Lorraine, Bev and Linda.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 08:03 AM
H it is night where the mare is.

I just know we will lose our electric in the winds they forecast. Its the price I pay for living in a rural area with overhead power cables.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 08:04 AM
Morning Helena, and fellow members,

Dry here today but showers and worse to come for everyone later. Poor Nippy looks as though she is in the firing line a gain for the worse weather.

The Thames is still rising albeit slowly and apparently the Thames Barrier will be closed again later which will slow the flow up here a little which of course will make it rise further. I'm determined not to get stressed this time.

I'm off to see Mum for a quick visit this morning supposedly with the dogs but Flash has refused breakfast. No doubt from eating something at Painshill yesterday but he's behaving normally so I'm not unduly worried.

Helena I hope you meet up with Winnie and don't get too wet ... thank goodness for those wonderful overalls you have for Zena You just need some for yourself now
Lore I hope you get lots of support for this evening. Hopefully if its dry more parents will be willing to do the drive.
LS Your post made me laugh ..... its terrific being able to joke with little kids and Michael clearly 'gets' your sense of humour
Bev What cams are they ... I'm going to have to go and search for them Sounds as though little Layla is doing her morning exercises
Lynn Sounds like we'll all be having another wet-under-foot dog walk again today.

See you all later and enjoy your day.

I hope all poorlies are feeling better today.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Morning all
Hope everyone is well human and doglets ,if not get better soon
Oh for a dry day ,even a wee blink of sun would be nice ,you'll guess it's raining here again ,strong wings during the night thankfully they've calmed down now
Not much on the cards today. Get rid of the clutter that lying around ,don't know where it all comes from ,yes I do know from the oh as everything,s left at his backside lol
Hope every one. Has a good day
Take care stay safe
Better get cracking ,there again need another coffee
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 08:20 AM
Don't think I am allowed to put the link for cams on here but search for Freelands Gypsy horses.
They have brilliant cams and live chat going on. Also Audio in the stables so you can hear everything.
When she starts to push, Beth the owner will go down there and help deliver.
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »