Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 07:04 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread (Monday)

Good morning all on this wet and windy Monday morning.

My brother is coming down this morning and we are both going off to do Christmas shopping which should be fun .... or not, depending on if we can find somewhere to park

I hope any poorly people or dogs are feeling better this morning and especially Moyra who is meant to be going on her Christmas lunch with friends today providing she's feeling well.

Enjoy your dog walks today and keep safe.
See you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2013, 07:17 AM
Morning Jenny.
Enjoy your Christmas shopping and I hope you can get parked.
Gorden is just packing up the car to leave for another week. He will be home Friday evening for two weeks.
Today I am going to try to get the double bed which has been dismantled under the king size bed which is now up in the spare room the loft is not big enough to take it like at the other house. It is Michaels bed and we need to keep it in case he eventually moves into a rented flat and needs a bed. Also I will be trying to make sense of the mess that is left over the next week. Well its more a muddle really than a mess.
Moyra I hope you feel well enough to get out for your lunch.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 07:30 AM
Hi Lynn I hope you manage to sort that bed out. We have so many bits of furniture that we too are storing for when our younger son moves out. We still have pieces of furniture that our older son thought he'd want but didn't but we daren't get rid of anything yet I expect you are hoping this week flies by Take care and I hope Dillon behaves himself on your walk today
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 07:46 AM
Morning

Jenny - I hope you have a nice day Christmas shopping. Parking can be a nightmare at this time of year, I know, so good luck!

Lynn - Be careful lifting all that stuff! I bet you are looking forward to those two weeks with Gorden.

It's horrible outside - quarter to eight and still dark. It's horrible having to get up in the dark.

Carys has her first Nativity performance tonight so she will be shattered by bed time. Because the school can't take hundreds of people, we can only go to tomorrow's performance and I feel bad that she'll have nobody there tonight.

Did I mention I had to unpick all that tinsel I sewed on? It was really nice too but one of the teachers did the other kids' tinsel and my little girl didn't want to look different.

I need to get a photo printed out to send to people for Christmas today and take stock of where we are at.

Have a lovely day everyone.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 08:02 AM
Morning Jenny, Lynn, LS and all

Enjoy your shopping Jenny, hope it's not too busy.

It will be lovely to have Gorden home for 2 weeks. Don't do yourself an injury moving that bed Lynn!

I hope the nativity play goes well. I miss those days, it goes by so fast.

I have not stopped since Saturday morning and need a rest!! I came back from Norfolk, got home at 3pm and was out by 5.45 for christmas dinner which my daughter had booked and paid for. We had live music, he was good and funny, although he entertained the whole pub as my daughter had paid towards his gig we had a lot of requests granted, Santana, Super Tramp, Lynnard Skynner etc, home at midnight and up again to go to work yesterday.

I was the envy of the kids in the tractor trailer on a christmas ride as I went on one of the trips and rode inside the tractor, ranger Zed was the driver and I rode shotgun. Two ladies in charge, I bet the macho men were quacking in their boots.

I am off to see my cousin today, I need to have my power of attorney verified in the job centre to enable me to change his address, and another to do the same for his disability living allowance. You would think there would be a central area for this information but no, that would be too easy!!

Have a good day all.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 08:04 AM
Morning all.
Well what a horrible day, it is so dark, wet and windy.
Not a lot to do today, just the usual housework
Hope you all have a good day.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 08:05 AM
Morning Jenny, Lynn, Linda and everyone

Enjoy your Christmas shopping Jenny, hope you get parked up somewhere close and not miles away from where you need, otherwise you'll have to buy all light stuff to lug back to the car I made that mistake once and bought loads of bedding Silly cow that I am, I completely forgot about how I was gonna get it all the way to the car park and up all those stairs Lovely to have your brother with you, maybe a spot of lunch somewhere?

Lynn, good luck with all the finishing off and sorting out. A double bed is not an easy thing to shove somewhere out of the way is it. What about up against the wall on its side in the spare bedroom, or maybe that's where it is now lol!

Awww, no wonder Carys is disappointed that you won't be there at the premiere tonight Linda I'm sure she'll tell you how brilliant she was when it's all over and you can enjoy it another night. Do you video it or aren't you allowed nowadays

Moyra I do hope you're feeling well enough this morning to get yourself ready to go and have that lovely lunch out with your friends.

Well, Dave's gone off for another 4 days and in the pitch black, wind and rain I didn't envy him I can tell ya. We went back to sleep of course.

I might paint the bathroom ceiling today and get it out of the way cos it will hold up progress if it's not done by the end of this week, but that depends on my knee and my back and whether I'm in the mood. Nothing else planned, except tidying up and ironing.

We've had a fab week-end, lots of laughing and lots of talking, I just hope it last for another 2 weeks when Dave's home most of it, but that's a big ask

Enjoy your Monday everyone.

Morning Jenny, you snuck in there. Yes, bit miserable out there isn't it, I'm not looking forward to my walk. Hope yesterday went well with the big lunch.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Good morning all and all who follow. Made it on here a bit earlier today. It's my favourite weather for this time of year now. Clear blue sky, bright and sunny but chilly enough to wear a jacket (and a scarf when I started out) no wind at all. Lovely.

LS I would much prefer a daughter who wanted to 'fit in with the rest' than one who wanted to 'look better than the rest'. Good for her! Hope it goes well and am sure she will be OK.

I remember my big 'gaffe' when Jen started school and they were 'casting' for the Nativity play (which was a traditional one 20 yrs ago) I'd been gabbling away to her about how I could remember being 'Mary' in my first one and how it was one of the best days of my life at the time. Of course they hadn't chosen Mary for hers yet (oh dear!) I was quick to follow with 'of course it was only because I had the longest hair and all the holy pictures showed Mary with long hair blah blah blah) and kicking myself as she then was hoping to be picked as Mary!

Well she was picked! Oh joy! Her experience was tainted by them choosing a boy she didn't like much to be Joseph lol! And, during the performance the head of the doll playing the baby Jesus fell off and rolled across the stage! I've never seen so many people trying so hard not to laugh out loud! I remember it as if it was yesterday - got the photos somewhere but don't really need them as the whole scene is imprinted on my mind. Best days of your life when your kids are little!

Now about this 'parking' to do Christmas Shopping? The more I read about this (everywhere) the madder I get! They want people to spend money at Christmastime to life the country out of recession and then make it nigh on impossible for them to get parked anywhere near the shops! (Not to mention hideously expensive in most big towns - I've been shopping with kids in Reading and it cost us around 20 quid to get out of the car park - they take VISA!)

I can understand encouraging people to use public transport but that's particularly not very useful at Christmastime when people usually have so many bags and boxes to carry they need their cars to get them home. For a lot of people it's physically impossible for them to cart bags and boxes to a nearby station or bus stop.

I'm so glad my daughter lives close enough to Town Centre in Reading for us to walk in and just get a cab back. I love the run up to Xmas - strolling round town on Christmas Eve, buying impulse pressies and all that (fergit the food I ain't shopping for that! They get it delivered or they get it themselves - they all know I am allergic to grocery shopping in supermarkets!)

Today my plan is to do a bit of 'mental packing'. I've got my case open in the spare room and have chucked in a few bits and bobs I don't want to forget (mainly our old tree decs) and a huge velvet blankie for Jen which I will use to cushion the bottles of Cyprus Brandy I am going to take over with me. The plan is to take just one good dress and fancy cardi, lots of nice huge scarves and pashminas and loads of thin leggings and long sleeve Tshirts which will double up as jamas if needed. I've enough in the UK to see me over 2wks and want to bring a lot of it back as our 'proper' Cyprus winter doesn't usually start until well after Xmas (last week was a 'blip').

In fact I am going to go in there right now and chuck in my leather gloves and warm mittens and loads of socks as I always forget to pack those and I never need them here.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 08:21 AM
Morning Helena - you snuck in while I was penning War & Peace!

More about the parking! I rest my case! I remember keep sending the old man back to the car with stuff as we went along on previous Christmasses. I just can't carry huge awkward or heavy stuff these days. Good old Amazon for gift wrapped delivery of things that don't fit inside bags!

I've already bought and had delivered some of the cases of wine - I recall the 'booze shopping' years ago - used to do it separately from the food. what a task that was! (Not so much of a task drinking it mind you!)
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 08:22 AM
*** oh .... and can you all please just SHADDUP about the UK weather? I'm trying not to think about it! (And dreading it!)
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »