View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 07:43 AM
Thanks Kazz, and sorry about your sad news.

Oh yes, I remember now, we were semi at the last house Lynn.

Just rang the vet, cos although I got a bit of dirt out deep down with a cotton bud she seemed well pleased after that, BUT, still shaking her head and sometimes holding that ear down and she ran through the long stuff this morning. Soooo many s*dding grass seeds about now. This'll be fun with the vet right in her face Awww gaawd, I might just hand her over to the vet nurse and the vet methinks with her muzzle on perhaps!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-08-2013, 07:44 AM

Lynn - I had to think what you meant about fire breaks in the loft but then I realised that the cottage is a mid-terrace. Just call me thicko!

Nechda - I hope Zena's tummy is not playing up and that she is OK. Oh, and when you have finished strimming and power-washing your drive, would you care to come over here and give my outside a bit of a tidy-up please?

jenny - enjoy the walk with your friend - I will not say enjoy the ir*ning [dirty word as far as I am concerned] as I doubt anyone could!

Bev - how on earth can they expect you to do three peoples' work now? I bet they are not paying you three lots of wages either. It is a shame you will miss your planned break but at least you will be finally moving - something you have wanted for such a long time.

Pat - do the loos have those double flush top buttons? I was just thinking the other day that when I had the ensuite built I asked for top buttons on the cistern but was told the double front handles were better. Mind you, I can quite imagine myself knocking the whole thing off the walls with top buttons... I hope you can get hold of George to fix all the loos before someone has an accident!

Mandy - will be thinking of you all today. (((hugs)))

- Two get-ups for Da Booga but I think I do it on auto-pilot now. Clip her on, let her out, go to the loo myself and she is usually back in by the time I get back in the salon, so it is close and lock the door, unclip her, and roll back to bed until the alarm goes. Pilled her, back to bed, jumpy jumpy "bin men, bin men" - shurrup and go back to sleep. Heard my bin lid clonk shut so they had obviously taken out my one tiny bag out of the humungous bag, and hadda nother couple of hours zonk. Nice!

Half of the wounds on my ankle/foot are getting looking better, half still oozing, although it is only the largest one on the side and going round the back that I am still a bit concerned about. I am leaving them all uncovered for a few hours to see if they might dry up - just got to keep Da Booga away as she is convinced that by licking [and licking and licking] she will make them better. Somehow I do not believe her!

I hope that June managed to get that sunroof closed...

Have a good day everyone.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

08-08-2013, 07:54 AM
I got interrupted so missed a lot.

Kazzy
- very sorry to hear about your friend.

Nechda - I think Zena enjoyed playing silly boogers with you! I hope she does not need a vet visit for her ear.

Jenny - lots of get-well-soon wishes sent in your direction. xx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Good morning everyone, If only the day would stay as it is now nice and bright but not too hot it would be lovely.

Helena, sorry I had to laugh at Zena's antics. As you say she certainly has a sense of humour.

Lynn try not too worry too much about the cottage all will fall into place as you go along I am sure.

Mandy, try to celebrate the joys of his life rather than his leaving and I hope the day will go better for you.

Malka, I don't like the sound of your poor ankle and foot sounds like a doctor ought to look at it. Fat lot of good me saying that while you cannot get out to a doctor. Maybe a doc could visit?

TW hope you resolved the problem with the hood of the car and that it didn't rain last night. Good luck with it. I am certainly happy that you are pleased to call your home your own again. Good for you.

Nippy, hope you feel better soon.

I am sure I have forgotten to mention somebody but for that I apologise I used all my brain cells up on that lot.
Have a good day all, God bless.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Just returned from my nightmare visit to the vet Actually she was good as gold really considering he was hurting her poking his instrument deep into her ears. He checked and checked again and could find nuffink So then he started feeling around her neck and discovered an enlarged gland one side, which means she has an inner ear infection in her right ear, but who would have thought that, when all this happened on our walk and so very suddenly All sorted with an anti inflam jab and some more ab's which hopefully, he said, won't make her sick alongside her daily metronidazole.

Then I moved onto her claws, cos her inner claw is split right up and Dave wouldn't let me cut them. He started cutting them, then investigated the split, and turns out, it's such a long split, that he said the nail would just grow and grow and continually have that split in it Sooooo, now he has to deal with it under a GA tomorrow morning He's going to cut it right back and quarterise it and then cut all her other claws right back whilst he's at it. I shall be all on my own with all this worry cos Dave won't be home till tomorrow night, and if anything happens, then it's the week-end isn't it I'm just reading their aneasthetic leaflet and they use Propofol because they reckon the after affects are better for the owners, but what about my dog? I'm gonna have to Google now about this propofol cos that's what Michael Jackson died of wasn't it

Always summat, and now I'm going to leave the driveway until tomorrow cos it'll keep me busy doing that, which means less time for chewing nails and getting myself into a right old state. I hate them having to be put under it's always a worry and only for a nail
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

08-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Nechda - please do not worry about Propofol - it is the anasthaetic generally used for epi dogs both as a GA and also to give a dog some rest if they are non-stop clustering. If it is safe enough for them then it is well safe enough for Zena.

Michael Jackson died from an overdose of it having used it as other people use [and sometimes overdose on] sleeping pills.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Morning Malka. Hopefully the air will dry those sores. Fingers crossed.
Morning Moyra it is hot outside today so I think your hope of it cooling down might not happen. I hope you stay cool.
Oh no poor Zena and you Helena. They didn't put Dillon under for his dew claw they did heavy sedation might that be an option with Zena ?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-08-2013, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Harvey if house hunting today I hope you have more success.
'morning Lynn and everyone above

It's a glorious morning here in Derbyshire, the planned meeting with a friend has been abandoned as her husband has gone into hospital with heart problems, he had a very serious heart attack four years ago.

So I'm calling in to firm near Northampton on my way back to Suffolk.

I've done a new map on Rightmove centred on the area we know and will only do 'Drive By's' until something really good comes up.

As Tang said last night the EA photos seem to be all about the inside but the outside and location are equally important.

Anyway have a good day all of you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Morning Harvey sorry to hear about your friend.
Good luck with the drive by's. We found those wide long distance angle shots are very deceiving especially when it came to the garden as like you it was a very important part of the purchase.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Aaaaggghhh just lost a complete post

Helena, Propofol is fine. It is what I always ask for when there is a GA procedure, they recover so much more quickly and are better in themselves. Remember Cariad being spayed and jumping in the car when I went to get her only a couple of hours later, that was Propofol. I requested it for when they spayed her and he said to me they only use Propofol now because of its beneficial properties, so nothing to worry about, apart from the fact don't expect Zena to zonk out!!!
Cariad was sat at the door wanting to go a walk by 9pm when I thought she would sleep through.
Lynn hope everything goes OK at the cottage, I'm sure it will if they have only been there 7 years then the survey for their mortgage is very recent. I know it is very hard for you to leave, it is everyone's dream home you are moving to, and don't lose sight of that, there are few people who wouldn't jump at the chance of their own mooring etc.
You are sounding a bit better this morning Malka, glad to hear your leg is a bit better, at least it is moving in the right direction, although it will be so very painful for you.
I'm sure Pereg only wants to make you better, I really hope all these goings on around you with kerbs soon ends and you get your own back on them.
Nippy, can you get some immodium down yourself
Mandy I understand what you are saying, today you can celebrate his life and all the good things that came from him
Jenny have a lovely walk with the greys and I'll just pop my i*******g on the pile as I pass
Bev, that is disgraceful there is no one covering for all these sick people, when you are not well yourself and could quite legitimately be off sick as well. Do you get any extra for what they are putting you through.
Kazz very very sorry to hear about your friend, Lynn is going through something similar with Gill,who has just had her last session of chemo, and it is wait and see time now.
Pat, how do you mend the toilet with dental floss, still awaiting the Moneth update.......
Lost the will to live last night, sunroof still not closed, put a tarp over it and trapped it between the 2 front doors of the car. I have had enough now. I cannot be doing with it all, my head is banging and I am so stressed over all this.
Caused by a person, my own son, who I tried to help
I feel so frail mentally now, I don't think I'm going to recover from this one.
Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »