Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 05:53 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Thursday)/

Morning everyone.
Dillon decided at 5.30m he needed a 15 minute cool off in the garden. I curled up on the sofa and snoozed and couldn't be bothered to go back to bed when he came in and curled back up on his bed.
Not sure what's on the cards today more solicitor form filling I suppose and making arrangements to pop back over to the cottage so Gorden can get in the loft to check there are fire breaks as advised by my eldest brother to check for as we are not having a survey done and to measure to see if my dresser will fit in the kitchen and which curtains will or will not fit.
Also bedrooms to measure up for furniture because none of ours will fit and if possible I would like to get to Ikea before we go and take new bits if possible flat packed with us.
They don't have Ikea in Norfolk.

Harvey if house hunting today I hope you have more success.
Bev I hope you have survived the 11 hour shift you had to endure yesterday.
Pat is it today Jens hunk arrives ? Have a nice time all of you.
Helena don't leave the car up the hill today.
June I sincerely hope it didn't rain last night. Fingers crossed the sun roof is now closed or you can get it closed today.

Sorry if I've missed anyone.

Have a safe and happy Thursday everyone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 06:00 AM
Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Is it Thursday already?? Glorious sunshine out there today, which is good, as I want to start on the driveway face lift today. I bought a new strimmer yesterday, so that'll sort out all the weeds around the edges and up the little walls, then I'm getting the pressure washer out (love it!) and I'll try not to remove all the sand inbetween the blocks, but that won't be a problem, cos I have a builder's merchants around the corner and Dave home over the week-end.

Zena's a bit quiet this morning and I'm suspecting a bit of an acid problem with her, but she'll be fine once I get ready for our walk I'm sure.

That's it for me today, busy, busy, busy again, I just hope nobody disturbs me by ringing me up in the middle of it

Hope everyone is ok along with the doglets, and I'll catchup with you all later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 06:10 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

I've just read through last night's chat and Lynn I'm so sorry you are feeling apprehensive etc about the move. As Helena said its to be expected especially as you are moving out of area. You'll meet lots of people in a village especially walking Dillon and your new home really does look amazing. Once your possessions are in there I'm sure you'll feel very differently. (((hugs))).

I'm off to Painshill to meet my (greyhounds) friend for a walk this morning which I'm looking forward. Then home to do housework and lots of ironing before my OH goes off again on Friday.

Enjoy your day and I hope everyone and their dogs are well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Morning Helena I beat you by 7 minutes today.
Good luck with the drive facelift, please take care with the strimmer and pressure washer.
If you have those pieces of equipment on the go I doubt you will hear the phone.
I hope Zena perks up later and it is just an acid tummy.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 06:14 AM
Morning jenny. Thank you for the understanding encouraging words.
Enjoy your walk today, sorry to hear you have ironing to do later. My iron is at Mark and Tracey's at the moment there's broke. I am not missing it.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 06:15 AM
Helena - You weren't there when I started typing but I had to make OH a cuppa when he walked into the kitchen ..... exceedingly early for him. Mind your back doing the pressure washing and enjoy your walk.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 06:41 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Well my 11 hour stint ended up even longer as the chap I work with afternoon and evenings phoned in sick so I had to cover all his work as well and do the whole building myself as the young lad is still off with his broken ankle.
This morning I ache everywhere but I had better get used to it as I will be doing it every Tuesday now until I move.

This morning the gas man is coming to do a pre moving safety check. i am hoping he comes early as I need to be somewhere else this morning.

Charly and Ash are in Devon now for a week, lucky devils, wish I could be there too. It was planned a few months back I would go with them for a break in August but because of the move I had to cancel.

Sorry I havn't caught up with everyone and whats happening but hopefully I will get a chance later today.

Beautiful morning again. Sunny and perfect temperature. Hope you all have a lovely day and enjoy it..
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 06:46 AM
Morning all! Obviously it's going to be an 'armageddon week' and no one thought to warn me!

Out of THREE apartments - we have 0.75 of a properly functioning lavatory!

Cyp loos have the most ridiculous and fragile top button flush systems. Ours went a bit wonky with the girls here and they fixed it with dental floss (don't ask) then swapped it with the one next door so that needed fixing too. Then ours went wonky again late last night so I nipped down to the big flat first thing as I didn't fancy dismantling the cistern soon as I got up. And that one isn't working fully properly either! GAWD!

Need George the handyman. Will call him in a mo.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Morning everyone,
I am not looking forward to today. We are saying goodbye to my father-in-law. It's seems to have taken so long to arrive,
All the family from Somerset arrived last night, as did my son. I think we will all feel a little better once today is over, although it sounds awful, I don't mean it like that.

I hope everyone enjoys the sunshine today, doing whatever you doing, xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Morning Bev. I know yo have to it and all that but sounds to me like the company you are working for are taking the pee a little bit. Surely they have stand by/relief cleaners.
Sorry you had to cancel your holiday I know you were looking forward to it and in all honesty needed it.
Good luck with the gas man and fingers crossed he turns up early so you can get on with the other job you need to do.
Morning Pat. Not good not fully functioning toilets. You may need at some time to share the advice re: dental floss. We must remember where we heard it.
Fingers crossed George can fix the problem.
and fixing of flush's.
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »