View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2012, 07:27 AM

Morning. Dogsey daily thread (Wednesday).

Morning all.

Bad start to the morning just what I don't need mac playing up. Michael was on it last nght his lap top is in London till the weekend. I get downstairs switch it on and a white screen with a grey sqaure and flashing question mark is staring at me. Headless chicken mode. My Gorden and my Dogsey lifeline have been snatched away from me.

I got him up he thought he had overslept so it was bit of a shock but it had to be sorted. Which he did by switching it off and on again he did say he thought the hard drive had gone for a minute. Nooooooooooo that cannot happen.
Anyway here I am on a wet and dark morning. How is the weather with you where you are ? Better than here I hope and certainly not worse I hope.

Had my morning email from Gorden who says the colleague he is working with just gets worse for putting her foot in it.
He said there was a table with the national flag and a pretty box with a book in it so he says what does she do goes over touches everything and picks up the book out of the box and starts flicking through it. He said I had to say to her pleae put it down its the Koran (sp) and you will offend someone.
He said for someone who claims to of travelled the globe she doens't know much about another country's cultures or can't be bothered to research and find out.
I have said to him keep away from her and her faux pars else you ill end up in jail alongside her.
I think he is finding her harder work than the job trying to keep things smoothed over because he is always waiting for her to do or say something to offend.

Thank you for keeping the place tidy for me for this morning.

Just the usual here today tube station run and walking Dillon and housework and catching up with everyone here during the day.

Chris I hope Gary is still doing well with his recovery.
Bev I hope Kyiro and his paw are a bit better this morning and that his stronger ab's do the trick.
And for everyone else who is under the weather or who has dogs or pets of any kind under the weather wishing you well soon .

Enjoy your day all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Crickey, no pc this morning Let's hope it was just a blip and it won't happen again. Poor Gorden, fancy having to work alongside somebody like that, so instead of concentrating on what he's gotta do, he's concentrating on what she *might* do, I wouldn't like that.

I got up in the dark, woke up at 6 am, but that's good, it means I can get out earlier when I can get outta this place! I'm off up to the van to face the music with all the cleaning and I quite enjoy cleaning that little van, its so small, might live in one eventually as it's such low maintenance, but not now, I love this house too much.

Although it's not raining outside atm, it has been overnight, so it's yet another muddy walk in the woods for me. I might try and get the overalls on her, but if it stresses me out, she can get the hose as it's not cold yet.

Be back later for a little lookey, hope Jimmi's paw is good this morning and Kyiro's, and still thinking of you Chris with your poor son in Hospital, I do hope there's been some more improvement with him.

Enjoy your day folks
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Morning Lynn, H and all

I hope you get the computer sorted Lynn, my mac is also out of action so I am using my other laptop. Poor Gordon, as if struggling with the language and the menu aren't enough!

Have a lovely day cleaning the caravan, I much prefer it to housework. I hope the sink is now fitted correctly.

I hope your son is making a good recovery Chris and Malka and Pereg are staying safe.

Hugs to Kyiro, I hope he is feeling more comfortable now.

It's horribly wet here, short soggy walk today! I was off sick yesterday, literally came over feeling very sick (OH probably trying to poison me) but was ok in the end. I had to deal with someone on Sunday who felt very ill, got her a seat to sit on and a glass of water, I remember thinking please don't give it to me, so maybe I was fighting something off. I am usually robust and can't think of when I was off sick in the last 12 years!

I hope you all have a lovely day.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 07:52 AM
Morning you two
Absolutely lashing down here, has been all night. Good job I had planned a day in doing housework.
I'm still loving reading about Gordens adventures. I will miss it when he gets home
H I don't envy you your day the drive alone would put me off. Hate driving not that I do it anymore.
I will pop back in later when I have a break from the hoovering
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Good morning all,
It is pouring down here I'm so sick of walking in the wet/mud as I'm sure you all are too.

Chris and I hope your poor son continues to make a good recovery. You must be emotionally exhausted. (((hugs))).

I hipe Kyiro's paw is improving with the higher dose of antibiotics.

Malka, I hope you had a calm night and managed get some sleep.

The ground is just so wet now that we and are neighbours are hoping for a week or so of no rain. We live on flood plain and are sandwiched between two rivers which understandably are starting to rise.

Have a good day all. I've got to get the dogs out for a decent walk as I'm meeting 4 friends for lunch today ..... I'm not 'a lady that lunches' by the way

Take care, good luck and keep safe.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Morning all

A very wet windy morning here,we have a lake forming in the back garden Dogs went out and it was the fastest toilet trip ever

Not up to much today,may cut Luke's hair later.

Chris,I hope your son is a little better today,

Malka,hope you & Pereg are safe & well x

Have a good day all x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Morning everyone

Eugh it's horrid here, I don't fancy a walk this morning -Loki doesn't look too into it either.

Oh no Lynn, not the hard drive! Mine went months back on the big pc and I've never been able to get it to work properly again, not even with a new hard drive.

I hope there are no muddy boots prints to clean up in the van of yours H!

Moetmum - hope you feel better today.

Hugs for Kyiro, Chris, Jimmi and Malka

See you all later.
x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone. Its very mild and although the ground looks damp outside its not raining (yet).
I'm having computer problems too Lynn. I put it on in the morning and it takes ages to fire itself up ready to go, then it shuts itself down and restarts saying it was protecting you from a serious blue screen error or something. You then have to wait an age for it to get going again so you can use it, it then works ok. I'm convinced it doesn't like mornings as it will start up slow but fine at any other time of the day.
Not much for me today except work and a quick trip to get some bananas.
Thank you everyone for Kyiro's good wishes. He is still very sore but hopefully the higher dose of abs will kick in soon. He must be so bored being on strict bed rest .
Good luck at the van today H.
Chris I hope your son is continuing to improve and Malka I hope you and Pereg are safe.
Have a nice lunch Jenny.
Lynn I think you are going to have to send Gordon back to work there after christmas for our entertainment if nothing else
Have a good day everyone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morning you two
Absolutely lashing down here, has been all night. Good job I had planned a day in doing housework.
I'm still loving reading about Gordens adventures. I will miss it when he gets home
H I don't envy you your day the drive alone would put me off. Hate driving not that I do it anymore.
I will pop back in later when I have a break from the hoovering
Lol Jenny, morning to you, and keep up mrs coz I now live only 5 minutes away from the van!!!! It's Dave who now has 120 miles round trip to work!!!!

Morning Gerry, Sal, Linda, and Bev sounds very wet for you lot today, I'm not too bad here, just a bit of drizzle, but Zena came home quite clean, and my hair was stuck to my head, but who cares!
Nikki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Morning everyone

Pouring down in bristol here too

I've just got soaked getting into work my feet are freezing!

Hope you all have a good day even with this horrible weather
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »