View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 06:43 PM
We always let our hamster, Max, free run around the living room - he was so good, the others couldn't be trusted.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Does anyone ever try think of an invention to overcome an everyday need or in certain situations? One of mine is a large, lightweight, strong, foldable rabbit run for indoors/out that can be easily cleaned n stored away Or ever been sucessful at producing and marketing an invention and how to go about it.
Many thanks
H.
Hi - as with any invention you will need to register with patent office so that others cannot pinch your idea. Firstly though you will need to check there is not already something similar out there that is already patented and you can check this on the web I would have thought. When you register a patent you will need to have everything written down about the product with drawings/diagrams. All this should happen before you approach retailers to protect your idea. You can use patent attorneys but very pricey. Good one by the way - good luck.
Blue Shadow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
All this should happen before you approach retailers to protect your idea.
Good advice! - you have to file a patent application before you disclose details of an invention in a non-confidential way (such as on the internet or at a trade show). and then if the patent is granted (after an examination process), you can stop others from making the same invention.

If you tell people about the invention before filing a patent application, your application, and any patent you get granted will be invalid.

Good luck with your ideas - if you want any further info on patents I am happy to pm you some further info.

Wendy (who is a Patent Attorney )
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Oooh, sounds good H - get your idea registered and keep us posted! Good luck.xx
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Thankyou for all your replies and information, i wish i could come up with something,(will be a miracle if do)
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-04-2011, 10:56 AM
There's gazillions of foldable mesh crates on the market already,just leave out the bottom tray so bunny can get at the grass and bingo.And for a shelter to put in it how about one of those covered cat litter trays.Dismantles in seconds for a quick hosing and job done.
If someone would invent a mesh crate that doesn't pinch my fingers now...
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by lisa01uk87 View Post
k9 i would like something similar to what you are looking for only it would ideally be open at the top, high enough that my rats couldn't jump out (you should see the height they can jump, and no mesh or chewable sides so basically a playpen for rats for in the house that is big enough for me to be-able to sit in beside them, but that can fold away for easy storage, so that they aren't having to be kept in there carrier while im cleaning there cage ( i cant/wont freerange them as there is a lot of hidyholes in my livingroom)

Correx sheets - you can order online or find a local signmakers who sells it. Join each side together with tape (loosely enough to make it "hinge"), or cut slots in so it slots together, voila. Folds flat to tuck behind the cage/in a corner somewhere, takes two minutes to assemble, and you can buy it in 4' widths to have it nice and tall. I cut mine down to about 30" and the boys don't jump out, but they are lazy manrats If you're on the fancy-rats forum then do a search for correx, there was a whole thread for it filled with photos, and a link to a good online stockist
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Thanks for more ideas and information is much appreciated
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2