Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Doggielover
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-02-2007, 07:51 PM

Close to Tears....What Do I do?

I'm nearly in tears and it's taking me a whole day to bring myself to write this but yesterday I got told by a Friend that someone I know who I'm no longer that close to is having her 1 year old dog PTS It's not a simple as it sounds though.

They keep it outside in a kennel where it sleeps. I've been told though that yesterday it was in the house and they were outside and they antagonised it and so it jumped at the window snarling etc and they now say it's vicious and they also leave it alone part of the day+ when it keeps "sh*ting" it's self of which I said was separation anxiety.

Anyway I got told this by her close friend so am around 55% certain it's true but the rest of me thinks I should ask but I'm not supposed to know!! He is a Presa Canerion (sp?)

What do I do?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 07:53 PM
This may be a reaction to the recent story that two Presa's had attacked some dogs whilst out. I'm not sure if there is a Presa club, maybe get hold of another breeder and talk to them about it see whether there is a rescue organisation for this breed?
I'm sorry not really sure what else I can say.
Becky
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2007, 07:55 PM
see if a breed rescue can get involved they know the breed better than any of us.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Doggielover View Post
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]
They keep it outside in a kennel where it sleeps. I've been told though that yesterday it was in the house and they were outside and they antagonised it and so it jumped at the window snarling etc
What were they thinking

You could try these;

Mastiff Breeds Helpers 07833116480

Mastiffs in need 01328 700871 or 01953 889560

Mastiffs In Need Or Distress 0870 224 5758
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 08:35 PM
What a horrible situation to be in. I would definitely contact the above sites and see if they can offer any further advice. Best of luck and keep us posted
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-02-2007, 09:09 PM
God, I wish I hadn't read this thread

Please do what you can.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 11:16 PM
If I was in your shoes I would have no option but to report them Report them to whoever you possibly can

Wonder how they would feel if they were treated in the same way the poor dog is
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 11:47 PM
How can some people be so stupid? It amazes me that they take on these dogs and think they can just have them destroyed on a whim.

I think the advice already given is excellent, there must be some kind of breed rescue or someone somewhere with extensive knowledge of the breed that would be willing to intervene, I wouldn't hesitate if it were a setter that we were talking about, I can tell you.

I can understand you being upset, I'm going to be worrying myself over the poor thing until we get some news.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
God, I wish I hadn't read this thread

Please do what you can.
Me too. Good luck - I do hope you can help this poor dog
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2007, 09:16 AM
So they stick this dog in isolation, seemingly abandon it then antagonise it and wonder why it reacted this way - OMG what a world we live in with idiots like these being able to own a dog and treat it this way.

I truly hope a breed rescue can help out before it gets pts :smt009 :smt009 :smt022
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >