Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 06:04 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Tuesday

Good morning all Dogsey peops

Thinking of you this morning Jenny, and I hope those boys of yours are sleeping peacefully with no more vomiting, such a big worry when you see all that blood, so finger's crossed, it's all stopped now and they had a pretty good night, along with yourself of course.

Spent the whole evening on and off the phone, then I was chatting to my neighbour over the fence, whilst Zena demolished the fox poo next to me on the lawn - rather that than I trod in it in my bare feet, or that she rolled in it I suppose No repercussions as yet touch wood, norty girl

When the plasterers were underneath the front terrace yesterday I cannot believe how good she was, she just laid out there, let them carry on with their work, no barking Blimey, I was even allowed to lean over and chat to them, and THEN, one of the other neighbours turned up who knows these guys, and he stood down there chatting up to me and still Zena didn't go off on one Things are looking up Could be the fact that Sunday I took a firm hand to her when she barked at the neighbours out there, told her enough was enough, she laid down and sulked by my chair whilst I ate lunch, but it seems to have worked (a bit!). I don't want to stop her barking of course, but I want her to be like all my others were, once the warning has been made, then she can shuttup when I tell her

They're coming back again today with a kango, yep, it'll be right at the time when I want to lay down won't it It's got to be done though, and although having chipped away at it all, and it looks all nice and dry and hard as a rock, no damp he says, he wants to dig it all out so that they have some nice square edges to work from, so I'm kind of going along with him. They're not bodgers or con artists cos why would they want to give themselves more work when they've already given me a price He says if he does this, it will mean it will be a much better job and we won't ever have to tackle it again and I liked the sound of that. I just hope my lovely terrace doesn't collapse cos this is actually the front wall of that but underneath it, hey ho.

Debating whether to hit the beach again this morning, but I've got to be an hour later cos of the tide, so I might just go into the woods as I was up early and don't want to hang around in case it gets too hot.

No clear blue sky today, although it's still very warm, but yesterday got quite unbearable, although the pool along with the hose kept Zena from panting and we both slept well last night cos I hosed her chest an hour before bed.

Hope everyone is well today along with the doglets, and good luck with Rucksack and Flash Jenny, we're all worried for you there.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2013, 06:25 AM
Morning Helena and everyone.
Good luck with the kango and the noise and I hope Zena is a good girl again today for you.

jenny thinking of you and the boys and hoping there is better news this morning.

I started off on my walk with Dillon and saw Anne mum of Tom who wants to buy our house they couldn't get time till tomorrow to finalise this mortgage in principal business but there is a but they decided to shop around and were told by others they needed a 15% deposit which of course the parents cannot raise. One said 15% because of a late payment which ha been paid ages ago £17 to Sky.
So now they are worrying their mortgage in principal is going to be ok when they go to dot the I's and cross the T's they are now wondering why they bothered to shop around. So am I so is Anne and Lisa was crying worrying and Tom was very upset.
If they have been given the agreement mortgage in principal surely that will be ok. So hang onto hats time this may all go pear shaped yet.
Dillon had a problem poohing this morning too much bone methinks he did one before bed which seemed ok but this morning it was only a little one and he had a little whimper when he passed so walk cut short back home to his breakfast of beef plenty of green beans plenty of wheatgerm and bran and salmon oil and some offal.
Lets hope that works.
I hope no one was eating breakfast.

Gorden's birthday today and our Anniversary 36 years
We are going out later to get some breakfast out and then wander round a garden centre and cake and coffee. Our presents to one another as we only had some cash come in today.

Enjoy your day all stay safe and its meant to be really hot today.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 06:35 AM
Morning H, Lynn and all,

Happy Birthday Lynn and Happy Anniversary to you and Gordon.

Jenny hope the boys are feeling better this morning. Thinking of you.

Hope Zena has no repercussions from eating that fox poo H.

Very long day at work for me today, will be glad when its over. I have a horrible pain deep down in my right hand side. It come on at work yesterday and gets worse every time I bend down as my stomach seems to push in on it. Oh well as most of my work involves bending down to the floor it had better hurry and go.

Have a good day all its another hot one.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 06:50 AM
Morning all

Jenny - huge hugs for you and your boys and I hope they are much better today.

Helena - I hope Zena copes with the fox poo with no problems (ew!).

Loki seems perkier today. I will see how his head is when I take him out.

I'm fed up with the heat. I hate to moan after the cold winter but why can't we just have weeks of around 22/23/24 degrees instead of this 30 lark? There will be a hose pipe ban soon!

Have a good day everyone.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 07:10 AM
Morning Helena morning all
Hope you have a good walk with Zena wherever you decide good luck with the nanny nap with workmen around
Lynn happy anniversary and birthday wishes to Gorden
Jenny g sorry to read your boys are very poorly do so hope they are better huge hugs to you all
Very much cooler here today thank goodness as I've been wabbit and crabbit with this heat
Same old same old today ,very ,very busy at work all those lucky people on their happy hols
Hope all doglets and peeps are well ,or get better soon
Take care in this heat ,stay safe xxxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 07:22 AM

Happy Birthday Gorden and happy Anniversary to you both.
H hope your terrace doesn't fall down
Jenny hope your boys are alright today
Morning everyone else
Take it easy in the heat today, those of you that have to work....don't work too hard.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Morning all thank you for the birthday and Anniversary wishes.
Gorden says thank you too.

Bev I hope pain in your side subsides stress I shouldn't wonder or have you moved something heavy lately ?

Dillon ok pooh crisis averted. Phew.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Good morning fellow members I have Hannah today and we are potty training so I think it will be a busy day .
I also have a sore throat, swollen glands and some kind of virus so feel like death , roll on bedtime and Wednesday

Enjoy your day everyone

Jenny I hope your boys are a bit better today..x
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Good morning everyone,

jenny do hope flash and Rucksack are much better this morning so worried for you and them.

Lyn, that's a worry, I shall keep my fingers crossed that your neighbours lad gets his mortgage offer ok. It would be terrible if it all fell through now. Happy birthday to Gordon and Happy anniversary to you both.

Bev. Sorry to hear you have a pain in your right side when you bend down and that a lot of your work is bending. Not good in this heat either. I hope it soon goes off and you are ok. ~Take care.

Malka, I hope you and Pereg had a good night last night and that you are feeling a bit better now some of the worry of Pereg's health has been alleviated.

Helena, sorry you will not get your granny nap this afternoon but at least the job will get done and finished hopefully. Hope Zena has no repercussions from eating fox poo.

LS, Norma and Nippy, I hope the weather is more bearable for you all today and me also. I cannot take much more of it either.

I bumped into the lady with the two greyhounds this morning while walking Amber and she said she put her duvet in the freezer for a while before going to bed. Have a good day all and try to keep cool. God bless.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev, Norma, Linda, Jen, Moyra and everyone else who pops in after I've gone.

Lynn, sorry to hear about their problems, I think Dave's mortgage was agreed in principal, and like you say, some wanted 10% some 17%.They all have their own point scoring system apparently, and it doesn't matter so much about your credit report itself, it's whether or not you fit THEIR particular credit scoring system, which of course, Dave failed on most of them cos he is self employed What about them looking for one of the new Govnt schemes out there for house buying? Oh gaaawd hope it doesn't go pear shaped after all this time and effort you've put in viewing. Your solicitor should be able to find out from their solicitor what's going on with the mortgage a lot more than the people themselves, so maybe ring your solicitor and find out? Happy Anniversary and you've beaten us there with your 36 years! Happy Birthday to Gorden too.

Bev, probably a pulled muscle there FROM all that bending down, hope it subsides later.

Linda, I'm with you on the moaning of the heat, it's far too hot nowadays isn't it, even at this time of morning I'm sweltering away here after an hour's walk in the cool woods.

Norma, hope you won't get too hot toiling away at work today.

Jen, I bet it's hot down your way too, stay cool indoors with Pepsi, maybe a little pottering about in the garden will be enough in this heat.

Moyra, glad you've already walked Amber, it's going to be another hot, sticky one isn't it.

We met up with the gang of shepherds in the woods, haven't seen them for 6 months! Soldierboy came over for a cuddle (love him, he's the rescue that featured in the Daily Mail all skinny, but looks fab now and is such a sweetheart). Pheobe pinched Zena's ball, but she never minds. We walked together, we sat and chatted and all the dogs had a lovely time, and then this little 6 month old retriever came bounding over to say hello, but he only had eyes for Zena as he jumped up and mouthed her face lol! Then he ran off for a game of chase, but Zena wasn't interested, although Phoebe was. When we left them there, he followed us cos he had fallen in love with Zena, so I had to stop and send him back to his dad, lovely little chap

Off to get changed, and I'm off down the town early to get Dave's nuts again - he keeps eating them
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »