Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2017, 07:26 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 30 April

Good morning all, had a lay in. Well last day of April, hope May will be warmer and some more sunshine. The sun is up now but it is still cold.

Glad you enjoyed your ride out Brenda, sounds lovely.

Steve gets depressed too and that is when he shouts at me. I just put up with it. He hates the work he does it is so tiring and back breaking. His knuckles on his hands are all screwed up with arthritis. But when he has finished paying off his van and the tax man, if we can move up to Suffolk or Norfolk then perhaps he can spend his days fishing and tutoring on fishing methods. That is what he would like to do.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and safe and well and give all our doggy friends a cuddle from me and Amber. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-04-2017, 07:42 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Really hoping you get that move Moyra will keep an eye out for lets round this way.

Sounds like most had a good day yesterday. We did Michael and maca turned up around 4pm. Michael hired a car he sold his merc no need for a car in london and costing him money. The hire people because he had to wait due to large queues and they saw it was his birthday Friday upgraded him to an Audi TT from a modest little hire car. He was a little chuffed.
They bought me a beautiful clematis that will be coming with me when we move.
Hd much hilarity improvising a tennis table set up in the evening and drinking to much wine. Dillon loves them both because they allow him on their laps for cuddles and he was very a good boy.
They will be leaving about 1.30 meeting friends in Great Yarmouth then heading back to London sometime tomorrow.
Mark arrives back sometime today and Gorden isn't back at work till Wednesday the sacrifice an early start.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2017, 08:46 AM
Morning Moyra..don't blame you having a lie in
lynn, sounds like you have been having a lovely time
nothing exciting for me today...ironing i think
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-04-2017, 10:03 AM
What a lovely family day you had Lynn you are sounding a lot more relaxed now the majority of jobs on the house are done
and you can see the possibility of a move elsewhere becoming a reality.
Moyra, hoping you find somewhere nice to rent in a decent area very soon. Its a lot easier with the internet nowadays isn't it.
Supposed to be warmer here today with sun, but overcast so far and quite a cool breeze. As long as it doesn't rain, that's tomorrow apparently!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2017, 10:57 AM
quite bright here at the moment...i have been soooooooo good and done my ironing, i might even be really nice and iron my dads work trousers Lol.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2017, 11:05 AM
Good afternoon everyone - I am late on parade

Fingers crossed you find something too Moira and then there will be less stress all round

Pleased you had a good family day yesterday Lynn

You seem to have had an enjoyable ride Brenda and Tyto even found a friend.

Well done on getting the iron done and out of the way.

Hope all. your walks are without problems today June

Sunny periods here and rain forecast for later but we will have to wait and see. Been busy this morning whilst dry and have edged and cut the lawn, made apple crumbles and just put some fruit muffins in - can't wait until tea time for one ( will try and be good and not have one before)

Hae a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-04-2017, 11:22 AM
Watching sue fair wears me out
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2017, 11:24 AM
Oooooo apple crumble...yummy!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-04-2017, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Oooooo apple crumble...yummy!!!
One of my all time favorites too, especially with a bit of cream, not allowed too much of that 'tho
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-04-2017, 01:16 PM
Afternoon everyone Michael and Maca left 1/2 hour ago to pick up there friends from kings Lynn station they have travelled from London then the 4 of them will head off to Yarmouth for the rest of the day and some of tomorrow.

Had a lovely weekend always sad when they leave though.
We had a nice result today up one of the tracks there is a beautiful house and grounds and a lovely man called Nigel lives there with his wife and great dane. Jess.
He has been very ill liver failure not from alcohol abuse at christmas time he was offered a transplant but after Christmas became very ill. They are friends of Paul and Beth.
We went for a walk this morning with Dillon through the orchard and down the track where they live. His wife was mowing the lawn so I introduced myself and asked after Nigel and learnt his wife's name is Francis. She said he was doing well.
Next thing Jess came bounding out Dillon on lead and they had a bounce around and they offered the use of the spare paddock to us as long as we pick up.
They let some other people use it to so if the dogs all get along we can all be in there or wait till they leave and then use it.
We let Jess and Dillon into the paddock and they had a nice time so sometimes we will knock for Jess to come and play to.
Really made my day to be offered the use of the paddock it will save Dillon pavement pounding all the time.
We will have to treat Jess to some treats now and then and maybe something for Nigel and Francis.

Hope everyone has had or is having a good day walks have gone without incident and Sue I couldn't manage a piece of crumble sorry I am stuffed.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >