Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2013, 06:47 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread Tuesday

Morning all Dogsey Peeps

Now that the news from The Phillippines is coming through thick and fast, you just cannot imagine the total chaos those poor wretched souls are going through can you. To me, it looks like the worst catastrophe we've ever had on this earth surely 200 mph winds and above, unthinkable! People standing there starving hungry and without fresh water, also unthinkable. If the journalists got there, surely we can get some food and water to them. S*d children in need this year imo, get some help out to those poor people hey S*d the wars going on, get our armies over there to help those poor people

Sometimes, we just don't know how very lucky we are, we sit and moan about this, that and t'other and yet really, we have nothing to moan about do we.

Very dark when I got up this morning, but I was awake at just gone 6 so thought I might as well get up.

Hope you're all well this morning along with the doglets, and Lynn, I hope you've nodded back off

Enjoy your day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-11-2013, 07:03 AM
Morning Helena nearly posted at the same time. Went for a browse first and when I came back you were already here.

The Philippines situation is a dire one and they did say the other day they are strongest winds to hit land.

Didn't sleep too well too many noises going on. Gorden has to stick his head in the loft this weekend its about all you can do apparently its very small as I can hear scurrying about above my head most nights and early mornings, he didn't get round to it last weekend. Typical when he was here it hardly happened and when it did it was very faint.
There was also some crashing and banging Dillon insists on sleeping upstairs in this house and he can be very naughty before he settles but I think he would bark the place down if left downstairs anyway he shot up and laid on the very small space which is a landing for a long while.
Everything in order down here so it wasn't burglars.

Raining here again today.
I hope everyone and doglets are well today.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2013, 07:18 AM
Good morning Helena, Lynn and fellow members,

Incredibly mild but damp morning here. New phone should arrive today and then I'll be going to 02 to get them to transfer all my photos and contacts over. I've been persuaded to go to quiz night tonight with girl friends which is usually a laugh so I'm looking forward to that although it is a fair bit of driving (24 mile round trip) for me.

The horrendous storm which hit The Phillipinnes has caused such devastation .... and I think a huge amount of money raised on Friday will end up going there ... I do hope so.

I'm off to go and get dressed but will pop back shortly.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2013, 07:33 AM
Morning Helena, Lynn and anyone who follows.

The situation in the Philipines is really awful, all those poor people.

Lynn, sounds like you may have visitors.

I'm knackered again, ruddy cough kept waking me up yet again, and I feel horrible and woozy. But we have quite a lot off with the same thing so I have to go into work.

Tonight will be working on the TMA. Really need to get it done.

Hope you all have a nice day.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2013, 07:53 AM

Helena I agree with you, I never give to CiN anyway, but this year there are so many other needy people.
Have a good day everyone I will be back later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Lore -Sorry to hear you had another bad night coughing . It leaves you feeling worn out doesn't it. Hope you shake it off soon.
Hi Nippy that was a fleeting visit .... see you later
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Lore -Sorry to hear you had another bad night coughing . It leaves you feeling worn out doesn't it. Hope you shake it off soon.
Hi Nippy that was a fleeting visit .... see you later
That was a quickie whilst I waited for the toast to do but I was dressed
I'm back now but still haven't got much news!
Lynn I hope you find what is in your loft, sorry but I have been singing...there's a rat in the kitchen what am I gonna do, ever since reading that
Very mild here too but windy, the washing is on , in hope!!
Enjoy your quiz night Jenny.
Oh Lore I hope that cough improves soon. As Jenny says it wears you out
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Good morning all, not very nice out there. Do hope there will be some major fund raising for the Philipines it's so heart wrenching.

Take care everyone and have a good day, God bless.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2013, 09:28 AM
I posted when this happened that I was glued to the news coverage here about it (at the time 10,000 dead in just one city and people digging mass graves to put their family and friends into) and how it makes our problems pale rather to hear and see this.

Reading today that the Vatican has sent £100,000 to the storm-ravaged country just sickens me really.

The Phillipines has Asia's largest Catholic population. This impoverished country, dominated by the Catholic church for centuries, where huge Catholic churches took a 100 years of slave labour to build (you should just see these), just about the the only place on earth apart from the Vatican itself where divorce is not allowed. The giving a paltry £100,000 towards the Typhoon Haiyan disaster is an absolute disgrace IMHO.

As regards the divorce, like other stuff that the Catholic Church 'disallows' - it can be achieved as long as you have enough money to pay to get round it.

Cyprus, a tiny country, has a huge number of people from Phillipines working here - mainly women as house maids. This disaster is on such a scale that I should think almost every one of them has people there who've been affected. They send money home from their paltry wages here and I imagine they'll be sending more now whether they can afford it or not - and they'll still all be turning up at the Catholic Church to pray for their families and still putting money in the offering plate there too.

The Vatican's Wealth - TIME http://content.time.com/time/magazin...#ixzz2kOol2CpS
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2013, 09:44 AM
I thought it was Wednesday today - duh! I was just about to send Mart a 'good luck at the follow up appointment with the surgeon' message when I spotted Sara's posting to yesterday's thread and thought she'd lost a day lol! Noooo - I seem to have skipped a day.

Haven't actually been back home very long as we left later today - there was a dog owner rehabilitation programme on Animal Planet and Bella sat with me on her lead and watched the end of it before we left.

It's still quite hot and sunny here - hot enough for you to want to rip off all your clothes when you get back from walking. Had a nice long chat with Jen last night - we were discussing Christmas and have a 'rough plan' laid out - she knows I don't like a hard and fast schedule to stick to. But all sounding good so far.

Only about another five weeks before I take Bella to Boarding for her Christmas
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »