View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 11:18 AM
I haven't actually seen the vet about it since he was neutered over a year ago. I suppose my first port of call will be the vet, and will mention the various things suggested to me on here as well So thanks to everyone for their advice.

Unfortunately I have ordered three bottles of the Yumega Plus now ... why oh why didn't I ask on here first
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 11:19 AM
If you've ordered online then remember the 7 day cooling off period with distance sales allows you to cancel the order. You may be subject to paying return postage if they've already dispatched the item but you're within your rights to cancel if it's been less than a week since you ordered.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Hi there, I am just wondering about diet - purely because our dog came to us with major itching problems, and patches of baldness and very red skin plus sores and excessive thirst.

We changed him on to Salmon and Potato, which worked absolute wonders (although we do still get paw troubles from time to time). I have to say though, that the brand we used has just had a change of recipe, and we are currently trying to find an alternative food because the new recipe doesn't suit him.

It might be worth trying a change to something different, you never know.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 07:09 PM
I've started Coco on Yumega Plus and today I noticed a real difference in her skin. It looks smoother.
Antihistamines didn't really help her. She now uses Malaseb shampoo from the vets and it's really helped.
Otis has a bad flea allergy and when he's itchy, I find Exmarid helps to soothe it.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 10:42 PM
I've had a similar problem with Oscar, he's always been an itchy dog but lately it's been that bit worse. He's been on Omega 3 caps for over a year and when I spoke to the vet she was reluctant to start any meds as he wasn't in any distress/overly suffering with it. She advised Evening Primrose Oil caps might be worth trying, he's been on them for nearly 2 weeks now and I have to says he's considerably less itchy these days. There's a possibility it's also due to the end of the summer season, but for now I'm just happy he's happy.

Thought I'd mention it in case you want to try them.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks Rips. I can't see the harm in trying Evening Primrose, so will give it a try until I get to speak to the vet. Glad Oscar is a bit more comfortable now
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Thank you Zoe. I have kept my order for the Yumega Plus, so will see whether it helps
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks Bitkin. I did wonder about diet. He does seem to do well on the Arden Grange, so am loathe to change it - but will do if it makes a difference. I am not going to go down that route until I have spoken to the vets first though.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 06:03 PM
My GSD is just the same, vet thinks it could be allergy and said to try piriton but they havn't helped. He also has salmon oil and EPO but don't think thats made much difference either. I don't think hes in any discomfort with it and his skins not sore so im not overly worried. He just itches more than normal and does the nibbling too.
Arden grange do a fish and potatoe (sensitive), this is what mine are on

ETA when he was a pup a vet gave episooth shampoo and that seemed to help (although it was easier to bath him twice a week when he was small!)
anotherjane
New Member!
Female 

23-10-2011, 01:00 PM
My dog has had this problem all his life. The vet said it is a commom promlem with german shepherds. It could be a skin infection and there are antiboitics that really seem to help my dog. Check for flakey skin or red lines in the groin area.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >